PDA

View Full Version : What Parts Should I Get!?!

Slimyslipknot
01-11-2007, 07:56 PM
Okay... so heres whats going on..

I got a 05 TRX.

Theres 3 things im going to get.

-New cam
-Scary fast power now kit
-Smaller sprocket.

My questions are...
Whats the best cam to get?..
I was going ot get just a Hotcam...Then somone said to get a Hotcam stage2.
Then some people were saying to get the CRF dirtbike cam.
What one is the best to get?

other question.I dont have enough money for both
Power now and Power nowPLUS!
So what one should i get.. it says for best performence to get both..but i cant afford. What should i get? And is it even worth the $100

and now for the final question.
I want a smaller sprocket for more torque.
People were saying to get a 13 tooth.. what about a 12?....

I would deeply appretiate some help in choosing these things for the best performance. THX!

keller45
01-11-2007, 08:23 PM
From what I've heard the Power Nows are a totally waste of money.

I would go with the HRC Cam or Hot Cam Stage 2.
The Stage 1 is totally bottom end biased

Slimyslipknot
01-11-2007, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by keller45

Really?.. hmm.. well my friend has one he said he could feela difference... I dont want to waste 100 dolalrs if it isnt worth it

Over-land 450r
01-11-2007, 09:01 PM
dont get that power now crap. Get a filter. dont get a smaller sprocket yet, get smaller tires.<<< if u plan on doing Mx. if you get a 12 toother you will have no topend.13 is ok.

Slimyslipknot
01-11-2007, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by Over-land 450r
dont get that power now crap. Get a filter. dont get a smaller sprocket yet, get smaller tires.<<< if u plan on doing Mx. if you get a 12 toother you will have no topend.13 is ok.

I already got a filter.. this si whats on my bike.

yoshi pipe,esr intake,dial a jet,rejetted carb,nerf bars,omf air scoops,chrome handle bars with oury grips,billet flame accent pieces,aluminum front bumper,

ghott
01-11-2007, 09:14 PM
Hot Cams Stage 1 is purely a bottom end cam...no top end whatsoever.

04/05 HRC Cam is a mid-top end cam....you'll give up a lot on the bottom.

02 CRF Dirtbike Cam is a bottom-mid cam...it's strong down low...but not the greatest performer on top.

Hot Cams Stage 2 is sort of the all around performer....it provides big gains throughout the entire powerband.

Your cam choice really depends on your application. If you're a tight trail rider...the HC1 or 02 CRF Cam would most likely suit you well. If you race MX, stick with the 02 CRF or the HC2. If you are strictly a duner or dragger, go with the HRC.

Stay away from the Powernow crap. It is DYNO PROVEN JUNK!

A 13t front sprocket would suit you nicely. Do not use a 12t front sprocket. If a 13t sprocket does not gear the bike down enough for you, go with a 39t rear sprocket used in conjuction with the 13t sprocket.

Good Luck.

pudamac12
01-11-2007, 09:32 PM
one more for the power now being junk

Slimyslipknot
01-11-2007, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by ghott
Hot Cams Stage 1 is purely a bottom end cam...no top end whatsoever.

04/05 HRC Cam is a mid-top end cam....you'll give up a lot on the bottom.

02 CRF Dirtbike Cam is a bottom-mid cam...it's strong down low...but not the greatest performer on top.

Hot Cams Stage 2 is sort of the all around performer....it provides big gains throughout the entire powerband.

Your cam choice really depends on your application. If you're a tight trail rider...the HC1 or 02 CRF Cam would most likely suit you well. If you race MX, stick with the 02 CRF or the HC2. If you are strictly a duner or dragger, go with the HRC.

Stay away from the Powernow crap. It is DYNO PROVEN JUNK!

A 13t front sprocket would suit you nicely. Do not use a 12t front sprocket. If a 13t sprocket does not gear the bike down enough for you, go with a 39t rear sprocket used in conjuction with the 13t sprocket.

Good Luck.

thx you explained that all very well...
Go to this website.. its the info for the powernow. AT the bottom it shows a demo of what it does.. it looks like ti lets alot mroe airflow..

http://scaryfastracing.net/pn-info.html

I do like to drag... but only fo rlike fun and when we are in a open area.... i mostly ride trails and hillclimbs.. and i ride sand 90% of the time.

So knowing that.. what cam would you get?

And well since the Powernow thing is a POS...i have a extra 100 dollars then.. what other performance stuff could i get with that?

blackcloud
01-12-2007, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by keller45

I agree on that, if I could do it all over again I would save my money and have my shocks rebuilt before any thing else. Dont get me wrong I love my HRC cam, HMF and 13T front sprocket. The GT Thunder XC rebuild with link just made me faster than all that other stuff. Just my two cents

mike nash
01-12-2007, 06:34 AM
Good advice in all these responses. Save the hundred for fuel. :D

Slimyslipknot
01-12-2007, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by mike nash
Save the hundred for fuel. :D

I was actually thinking of buying some sanditres off craigslist with that 100

Slimyslipknot
01-12-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by pudamac12
power now being junk

A bunch of people said its well worth the money.. it doesnt show up on dyno cause it doesn add HP.. but it does give a much better throttle response.