PDA

View Full Version : sounds like a scam to me

krt400ex
01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
just wanted to let every1 kno to watch out for this guy....i think he is trying to scam me, but i ain't gonna fall for it. here is the emails that have gone on between us

Kurt,thanks for your immediate responce Kurt.
I will make payment via us bank certified cheque of 7,200$,its will cover the shipping and registering expense.
I will contact my shipping company in NY they will take care of the shipping and registering.

This what i want you to do Kurt.As soon as you recieve my payment i will want you to take it immediately to your bank for deposite and send me a notification email so i can contact my shipping company and they will start making the registering papers for it.

Then after immediately my payment clears in you bank you will send the shipping company the balance of 4000$ so they can come over to your place fo inspection and prepare the quad for pick up as will be waiting for its arrival.

If its ok by you will want you to get back to me now o i will make preparation for the payment at once.

To: offwaweru.j@hotmail.com
Subject: RE: 400ex
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 15:37:30 -0500

no less than $3200
thnks for your interest

To: live2ridethe400ex@hotmail.com
Subject: 400ex
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 20:18:09 +0000

Kurt thanks for your immediately responce...I will want you to tell me your last price for it.

To: offwaweru.j@hotmail.com
Subject: 400ex
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:22:13 -0500

i can send you some pics if u'd like. the bike is in great condition, no engine problems, runs strong, never had any probs with it. has Razr rear tires with about 40%-50% tread left, Razr2 fronts that are brand new with about 99% tread, Tag X5 handlebars and grips, Cycra handguards with wrap around aluminum mounts, 6 degree advenced timing key for increased bottom to mid range power, K&N air filter, and a Pro Armor aluminum swing-arm skid plate that is 1/4 in. thick. i change the oil alot, usually every 15-20 hrs at the most. it has had routine maintenance done, and i will include a complete tune up after the quad is sold at no cost to the buyer. it will include valve adjustment, re-torqing of all the bolts, oil change, air filter cleaning, new carrier bearings, and a new axle locknut(because i stripped the stock one the last time i tightened it). the reason i am going to give the tune up after the sale is because i only have literally about $80 right now and the tune up will cost substantially more than that. i am letting my friend do that deal who owns a performance shop called Case Racing in sussex. he will also be doing the tune up on it. everything is going through him, he accepts most major credit cards as well. his # is 973 702 7818, and he is open mon-fri 10AM to 6 PM est and sat from 10AM to 5 PM est. if the quad needs to be shipped, then the buyer pays shipping. if you live close enough, then we may be able to work out a half-way delivery with the buyer paying for gas, but i am not sure about that yet. the only reason that i am selling the quad is because i decided that i want to ride a dirtbike for a while, and i cannot have both right now. so, im selling the quad to pay for the bike. there are 2 minor dents/bends on the quad. one is in the lower right a-arm, and it is hardly noticeable at all. ive been riding it for 6 months like that and it has not caused any premature wear, nor has it adversly affected the handling or suspension movement. i just have not had the $$$ to fix it yet, it is pretty inexpensive though. the other is a slight bend in the grab bar because i wheelied it back on the grab bar a couple of times. i will try to straighten it, but again, it is not anything major, and it does not affect the quads performance in anyway. i have the title, and all the vin # are still on the quad.thnks for showing interest in it. anymore questions or just wanna see some pics, email me and let me know.

sorry for the incorrect puncuation, i usually don't worry about it so much on the computer.

Kurt

its backwards because that is the way my email does it when there r constant replies...seems very fishy to me....just keep an eye out for him if ur selling stuff. he contacted me from monkeyads.com....so yea

soda7o
01-11-2007, 02:17 PM
yup a scam dont even bother...

Family Guy
01-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Def a scam. Seen it before.

krt400ex
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
yupp a guy tried to do it to me b4...lol

so when i saw this i was like...um no....just thought id let u guys kno incase ur sellin sumthin and his email pops up in ur inbox

LTZ400rider
01-11-2007, 02:32 PM
first 2 lines u know its a scam

Honda#4
01-11-2007, 03:32 PM
Yea that's bad.

01-11-2007, 03:39 PM
if you cant tell a scammer from a real person interested in buying the bike, please go get some mental help. it really isnt that hard!

troutman561
01-11-2007, 03:42 PM
Kurt, good job seeing it Kurt.

Maybe he has the rainman syndrome, then it might be ok to sell to him...

250ex13
01-11-2007, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
Kurt, good job seeing it Kurt.

Maybe he has the rainman syndrome, then it might be ok to sell to him...
LMFGDAO! :p

derekhonda
01-11-2007, 04:15 PM
scam him back. Tell him for you to "immediately" deposit the funds in your bank, youll have to take a half day at work to do it. So if he sends you $100 in cash, youll be able to do it that much quicker....(and sound really eager to do it too!!)

01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Same thing happend to me this summer when i was selling my 450 the guy send the money order but the bank said its fake

01-11-2007, 05:59 PM
Same thing happend to me this summer when i was selling my 450 the guy send the money order but the bank said its fake

01-11-2007, 06:38 PM
lead him on for a long time and keep having him mail you checks. its a scam. i had a guy lose $100 in shipping fake checks to me through fedex before i told him i knew it was a scam and he was sooo mad over the phone. it was hilarious

400exrider707
01-11-2007, 11:18 PM
Posting that one guys email will do nothing. When I list my quads for sale in the local want ad, I probably get over a 100 scam emails over the period of selling it.:(