PDA

View Full Version : banshee probelms new b

harry64chevy
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Alright guys i ordered the clymers but i still have a question. I was riding the other day bike stalled and the kick starter was locked. I could not kick it. Some people said it might be the idler gear. So last night i dug into the manual i saw what need to come off when looking at the kickstarter gear it wasnt meshed with the bigger gear to the right of it. It was actually behind the bigger gear. Could this be my problem?

another question is the kick gear spring (the u shaped clip behind the gear) supposed to be in that hole above the gear on the side of the case?

machwon
01-11-2007, 07:09 PM
The kick start should be behind the other gear. The kick start will move out and mesh with the other gear when you move the kicker down. The "U" part of the spring goes into the case, the other end into the kick start shaft and the spring is wound 1/2 turn.

Something must be wrong with the kicker cluster itself if its locked up. Otherwise banshee's do have some issues with the circlip, washer and bushing on the end of the tranny shaft/gear, where the kick start gear engages to.

harry64chevy
01-11-2007, 07:13 PM
thanx for the reply but i think i figured it out tonight...now moving on to the next problem

harry64chevy
01-12-2007, 07:53 AM
what usually goes wrong with the kickstarter? Does the spring go

bad often on these. I opened case and it was all outta wack i put

it back and put case back on and now seems to work fine. Do i

need to replace anything or just let it go? I just dont feel like

putting it all back together filling all the fluid up then it happen

again.

machwon
01-12-2007, 01:21 PM
I've never had a spring go bad, or the kicker mechanism for that matter. I would give it a try for several kicks, see how it goes. If all seems fine, add the oil and try it. If you're worried about expensive tranny oil, I commonly use cheap ATF. Just replace it every other ride.