PDA

View Full Version : 2006 LTZ400 air fuel screw adjusment?

KWAD GAWD
01-10-2007, 11:50 PM
I just put an HMF slip on on a 2006 LTZ 400. Changed the main jet to a Mukini 155. Now I need to adjust the air fuel screw.

Are the 2006 carbs different than the 2005 carbs?
Where is the air fuel screw exactly?? Is is covered with some kind of brass cover??

PLEASE BE SPECIFIC.
I've been told with an HMF slip on, air box lid off, eveything else stock it should be at 2 1/2 turns out? IS THIS CORRECT?

thanks

smoothie
01-11-2007, 08:42 AM
i'm not sure about the 2.5 turns out... is that supposed to be with a diff. main jet or with the stock one? i asume with larger jet....

the carbs are the same i believe and if they are the fuel mixture screw is plugged with a brass insert whcih you need to drill out. when you do this don't be overly paranoid about hitting the screw once your drill through the plug because it is in the a good 3/8ths of an inch.

the screw is on the underside of the carb and it is about in the middle of it on the engine side of the carb.

drzoo2
01-11-2007, 11:06 AM
Here is a link to the Dyno Jet instructions. It describes what and how you need to perform the brass screw removal. It's easy. I think stock is already 2.5 turns but I don't have my manual handy.

http://www.dynojet.com/pdf/Q316.pdf

indyZrider
01-11-2007, 02:53 PM
while you are at it buy an adjustable fuel screw so you can adjust it with your fingers inntead of a tiny ***** srewdriver. i think they are about 15 bucks.

drzoo2
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
I was wrong.....Factory air screw is set to 2.25.

smoothie
01-12-2007, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by indyZrider
while you are at it buy an adjustable fuel screw so you can adjust it with your fingers inntead of a tiny ***** srewdriver. i think they are about 15 bucks.

i have seen those around quite a bit.... i was wondering how it worked, but now i look at it and i see that it replaces the screw :rolleyes: duh...

looks like a great investment :D