PDA

View Full Version : stroker kit?

rippenblaster06
01-10-2007, 10:18 PM
can i get away with just stroking the engine and see a good faster powerban? do i have to get other stuff to go with the stroker kit or does it give me everything i need.

Xater
01-11-2007, 08:00 AM
i would get it ported before a stoker, both will work well with eachother.

headache
01-11-2007, 07:55 PM
you need to have the engine ported to match the stroke of the engine. a motor ported for a stock crank will run like crap with a stroker crank installed, because it changes the port timing and duration.

rippenblaster06
01-14-2007, 12:11 PM
damn. thats what im trying to get around right now cause im kinda short on money right now. but i reallly want to get some performance parts for my blaster. can i get a high compression piston and not have to buy anything else. or what would you guys invest in. i have around 200 or 250 dollars to spend what would you guys get? this is what i have already. FMF full exhaust system. twin air cleaner, air box vents, i have front holeshot tires and rear fast trakkers.
If i decide to get reeds do i have to re-jet?

Xater
01-14-2007, 12:57 PM
a bigger carb, i love mine. and you can get your head shaved for more compression.

NEVERS
01-15-2007, 12:44 PM
how big of a carb did you put on your bike? how do you shave the head? do you need a bore machine?

headache
01-15-2007, 05:37 PM
put a set of boyesen pro series reeds in, that will help alot with the pipe you have. they are the best reeds for the stock cage. also a 30mm carb would be perfect. you will lose too much bottom end power with anything bigger. look around on ebay and other places for the CPW 30mm carb. Also they are called an Oko carb.

blaster99
01-15-2007, 07:57 PM
shave some off the head and try to get the compression up to 160 psi. other than that get some reeds/new carb.. then porting would work good with the setup you have.