PDA

View Full Version : yoshimura z450 kit

tldPREDATORboy
01-10-2007, 08:25 PM
do u need a 450?short on cash?allready have a z400?well then i got a solution for u.for thoughs that want the power of the 450.u could get a yoshi 450 kit.and my cousin mark did just that and heres the low down.

the kit wasn't really that hard to install.but if ur a novice at engine work it would be better for a dealer's mechanic to do this.alright on to the test.we took our newly acquerd 450 out to the track.we put it on the start line and dropped the gate.the amount of tourque on this z was unbealiveable.we couldn't do 1st gear starts anymore.2nd's were an easy task.and at most soft sand races 3rd gear could be pulled as well.dirtwheeles said that the kit should be accompanyed by a change in gearing but we only wanted a solid weekend warrior machine so we opted to leave it alone.

the bigger bore on the z gave it more of a harder hit on the bottem end(wich it really needed ikn my opinion).the z's power came on faster and harder.and once u got it going it would rev to the sky with a great increase in revs on the topend.it has a smother more power full throttle response that makes putting around the yard or going full bore aroung a track a joy.the power comes on camand when u punch the throttle till u let of in fear.u can lug this thing a gear higher then what ur normally used to.all though i do worn u if ur gonna get this kit i would look into a aftermarket clutch.

we allso aded the yoshimura titanium seares racing exhaust.it was a complete system that gave us more power and a better sound.no spark arester was used(if u are worried about noise reastrictions in ur area this might not be a legal exhaust for you).
we also added a set of maxxis razer 2's.

our overal thoughts on this kit is that its not gonna be cheap but if you whant more usable power and are sick of every body on this sight telling u to get a 450 when u ask a question this kit was made for you.this kit will out pull,out race and straight up out performe ur stock suzuki z400.so if ur riding the trails,hiting the track,or just whant to be able to beaqt your friends this kit is a great adition to anybodys z400.

LTZ450 KIT ASSEMBLED W/CORE - CAMS/HIGH REV IGNITION
Price: $2,100.00
LTZ/KFX/DVX400 03-05 TRC PRO FS Ti/Ti
Price: $795.00
total cost = $2,895.00

tldPREDATORboy
01-10-2007, 08:36 PM
dyno numbers from dirt wheeles

Sandgod4
01-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Good report..
My bro's Yoshi did 40hp 30tq on a local dyno (KBR's) Also the stock numbers were lower (25hp) We need to dyno the Yoshi again since it got some porting. KBR's dyno reads lower then most dyno's on the net..

drnez
01-12-2007, 05:15 AM
You dont speak anything about reliability. Thats the kicker right there. Try running that thing hard for 4-5 races. You'll fry piston rings faster than you can say "i should have bought an athena"

My buddy has the yosh 450 kit with a nice P&P job. It runs about 47HP with 110 torco race gas on our dyno (stock runs 28) My athena with no porting runs around 44HP on pump gas, and revs a hell of a lot faster than the 450 stroker. Not to mention is SOLID as a rock. I've ran it HARD for 6 months without any issues.

Not trying to start anything, just wanted to add my own experiences with the yosh, its definately a nice kit, if you dont mind the extra maintenance!

Sandgod4
01-12-2007, 03:47 PM
The Yoshi is on about 125hrs of running monster dunes and the biggest drag racing hill in the country. IMO running up a 1000ft long dune puts the max stress on a motor..It has ran up that hill probably 200+ times. My bro replaced the piston and rings. He then had it ported. Then after we felt that affect he put a -16oz flywheel on. It revs as fast as the Athena and the extra stroke beats the Athena out of the hole. The Yoshi has held up great w/ not one problem in two years.. Here's a vid w/o porting or flywheel..

http://www.dunereview.com/AllVideos/Yoshi%20450s%20VS%20All.wmv

buddah
01-12-2007, 06:27 PM
I agree, the Athena definitely revs quicker, reliable, and not to mention much cheaper than a Yoshi kit. I owned an Athena and now a Yoshi. The key to the stroker is to get the lighter flywheel. For the mx track it might not be needed but for the dunes, definitely.

My Yoshi has been ultra reliable as stated above. Both kits are good and fast, just depends how you prefer your power delivery.

z400roosteR
01-13-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm looking into throwing possibly an athena 435+hotcams (and maybe a carb) Unless i can find another better kit for not a **** load of money. Saw a HotRods stroker kit, but it doesn't come with a cylinder.

tldPREDATORboy
01-13-2007, 08:57 PM
hes had it for about 4 months now and races it every weekend.friday to sunday and there has been nothing wrong yet(except a spark plug change)i think the jetting was of now that i think about it.next were gonna do some p&p and then ill write up a test on that(and hopefully find a dyno to run it on).

thanxs for the posotive feedback.my first write up and i thought it was gonna suck.

oldskoolex400
01-16-2007, 07:31 PM
for 2800 you can pretty much get a real 450 after you sell the z for like 2500 if u get more outta it say around 3000 you can get a used race ready 450, not cutting down the kit, it sounds nice, but just alot of money IMO........