PDA

View Full Version : Steahly weight on CR flywheel?

ChvyCruzen
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Im looking to add weights to my CR flywheel to keep it close to stock weight - I trail ride mostly. How much do I need to get close to stock?
Thanks
Matt

ChvyCruzen
01-10-2007, 08:24 PM
I think I have a digital igntion system. C-Leigh - do you know what year my flywheel is on the motor I just got from you?

I looked and it says I can get 8, 10, 12 and 14 oz weights. How are these installed? What weight should I get?

matt250r21
01-10-2007, 09:00 PM
If you are going to try and get the CR flywheel close to the wieght of a stock 250R flywheel, you might need a custom wieght made, or go with the 14 oz one. The wieghts are a press fit and some are tack welded onto the flywheel.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-11-2007, 08:18 AM
Its suppost to be a 2000 model or up, but I realy dont know sence I didnt order it for him, cant be 100% sure.
If I had ordered it, I know what parts numbers are the right model year to get.
The 2000 & up are digital CDI.

When you get that engine together, go ahead & put your stock ignition on first to get it broken in & then latter try the CR set up. Dont forgot what I said about the CR ignition, could be bad, could be good, but dont take a chance right to start with.
Neil

WareRacing
01-11-2007, 09:11 AM
so whats the advantage to a heaver fly wheel?
and how do you know which year cr ignition ya have?

ChvyCruzen
01-11-2007, 09:26 AM
Neil - I looked online at microfiches and I could visually see the difference between 99 and 00+ year models. The 00+ years with digital have a lot less wires than the older models.

I have confirmed it is a 00+ year CDI - it is digital.

I heard that if you have a lighter flywheel your engine revs quicker, and could be harder to hook up. It depends on your application. A heavier flywheel wont allow the engine to rev so quickly, so it wont break the tires loose so easily when riding on trails... it gives more traction.

I already got the CR igntion working on my other 250R. That thing is SNAPPY! It really revs up fast and I can tell it is digital because it rarely "pops" compared to the analog trx ignition.

Looks like I'll be ordering the 14oz weight maybe the 12oz to keep it a little lighter.
Thanks everyone
Matt