PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

BlasterEaten250
01-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Well, since it changed now that I will be keeping my 250 for a couple or more years now, I am going to get a couple things for it. I would like to start with a good pipe, I already have a new filter and no airbox lid, so now i need to let some of that air escape I CANNOT be super loud. So unfortunatly no HMF, Sparks, Pro Circuit, DG, Graydon Proline, or Big Gun. That leaves me with Yoshimura, White Brothers e-series, and (maybe, still figuring it out) FMF. I know that's not much to work with but that's all I can have. I would like to get the most power for the sound. FMF is the cheapest, but I have heard that the mega max's are on the cheaper quality side. How do the power of all 3 compare to each other. How about the sound? Sound is the biggest issue, I have to be 96 db's or under. So a quiet core will probably be neccisary for each one. What is all of your opinions?

wheeltrax
01-12-2007, 10:58 AM
well, I really don't think your going to squeeze much outta the motor on the 250ex with just a silencer. Are you replacing the whole system or just the silencer? The yoshi is probably the best quality outta those three you listed but the most expensive to gain 1-2 hp. If you really want a pipe I would get the e-series, I had one a while back on my 250x (dif machine) and it was nice cause you could add and remove the disks for sound since you need a quiet pipe.

BlasterEaten250
01-12-2007, 03:21 PM
For right now I will only be getting a slip on, since I only have about $300 to spend. I may just save another $50 and get front suspension. I have been thinking about it lately and I seem to be maxing out my suspension more than power. Or I can just put all the money I have into a 400ex when I am 16. I am still trying to decide this.

250exkid
01-14-2007, 12:30 PM
just get a really good full system like i did! the curtis sparks X-4 full system there 325$ off the site and there really AWSOME sound quality, power, acceleration, and the removable quite core and spark arrester:blah:

250exkid
02-04-2007, 04:38 PM
just woundering what you whent with.... p.s my firends got the HMF full and it aint worth the money there head pipe is way to big the sparks at least hold back a little bit more so you pack a punch when you give it

ryanh250ex
02-04-2007, 05:58 PM
Do it right the first time, get a full system.

get either a HMF w/ quiet core or T-4 with quiet core.

DO NOT get FMF.