PDA

View Full Version : Question on exhaust pipes

BlasterEaten250
01-10-2007, 07:58 PM
Well, since it changed now that I will be keeping my 250 for a couple or more years now, I am going to get a couple things for it. I would like to start with a good pipe, I already have a new filter and no airbox lid, so now i need to let some of that air escape;) I CANNOT be super loud. So unfortunatly no HMF, Sparks, Pro Circuit, DG, Graydon Proline, or Big Gun. That leaves me with Yoshimura, White Brothers e-series, and (maybe, still figuring it out) FMF. I know that's not much to work with but that's all I can have. I would like to get the most power for the sound. FMF is the cheapest, but I have heard that the mega max's are on the cheaper quality side. How do the power of all 3 compare to each other. How about the sound? Sound is the biggest issue, I have to be 96 db's or under. So a quiet core will probably be neccisary for each one. What is all of your opinions?

m.h.s.c.#527
01-10-2007, 08:48 PM
its 20 dollars 4 a quiet core for an hmf DO IT LOL

BlasterEaten250
01-11-2007, 03:19 PM
Well, you see that only brings it down to 98 db's on the 250ex according to HMF, I really need it to be 96 db's or lower to ride at the places I ride at. Believe me, I would already have an HMF if I could:(

ryanh250ex
01-11-2007, 04:00 PM
FMF 4 stroke stuff is sub-par.

HMF is good but too loud.

DG is crap

Sparks is $$$$

Big Gun is meh, ive heard of problems with rusting/poor fit and finish

I dont think the yoshi sounds all that great

E-series is meh

I've talked to you before, so as you know i have the Procircuit T-4, love it, but it is loud... I've never tested it with a sound tester but it is probably in the ballpark of 100+ DB with the current setup. Then again I always ran the 2 inch endcap along with no quiet core and as of right now, no spark arrestor. Sound levels should be reduced significantly with the quiet core.

have you rejetted yet? if so you definitely should, my 250 was lean in stock form.

I've messed around with plenty of exhausts, so if you have any questions, shoot.

-Ryan

BlasterEaten250
01-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Out of Yoshi and WB which is quieter? I have been trying to remember to get a new jet at the dealer, what size should I go up to for just a K&N and no air box lid? Thanks for all the help by the way.

ryanh250ex
01-12-2007, 08:51 AM
Originally posted by BlasterEaten250
Out of Yoshi and WB which is quieter? I have been trying to remember to get a new jet at the dealer, what size should I go up to for just a K&N and no air box lid? Thanks for all the help by the way.

Stock is 95. Assuming you are relatively close to sea level, I'd try something like a 102.

BlasterEaten250
01-12-2007, 03:55 PM
I just got a 98 today, because I think its a good balance for when I have my lid on (I made a hole in my lid with fabric in the middle, similer to an EHS cover) I put it in and it seems to run a lot smoother, and throttle response is quite a bit better.

m.h.s.c.#527
01-12-2007, 09:44 PM
how about white brothers idk bout sound but good quality look in to it

BlasterEaten250
01-13-2007, 08:00 AM
White Brothers would probably be my first choice, but I am thinking about just saving all my money for a couple more years until I have a 400ex, then put all the money into that.

m.h.s.c.#527
01-13-2007, 10:07 AM
yea thats a good choice and who nos u might be able to fina a good 450r