installing ebc drit racer clutch kit with no manual

take jitter spring out? if not how does it go ? thanks much

i have one arm and i usless

Colby@C&DRacing
01-11-2007, 07:41 AM
Most aftermarket clutchs will not use the jutter spring

Ralph
01-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I haven't actually done it on a 450r but I'm assuming its similar if not same.

Remove the Side cover and remember which bolts go where.

Start loosening the spring bolts in a star pattern to evenly release tension kind of like a car wheel.

Once the springs are out pull of that cover and u will see the clutch basket.

Start removing the plates and take note on the arrangement of fibers and plates.

Now take your new plates. Its been posted that it helps to soak the new plates in oil for a little while before installation. Cant verify that this does anything special but i have done it this way with zero problems on several machines.

Install the new plates and fibers and put the cover back on. Put the springs on and now start tightening the bolts slowly in the same star pattern like a car wheel again so it evenly distributes the pressure while you tighten.

Screw the bolts in all the way but don't over torque them because the springs will hold them in tight.

Replace the engine side cover. torque all ur bolts up and u should be set.

400exrider707
01-11-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
I haven't actually done it on a 450r but I'm assuming its similar if not same.

Remove the Side cover and remember which bolts go where.

Start loosening the spring bolts in a star pattern to evenly release tension kind of like a car wheel.

Once the springs are out pull of that cover and u will see the clutch basket.

Start removing the plates and take note on the arrangement of fibers and plates.

Now take your new plates. Its been posted that it helps to soak the new plates in oil for a little while before installation. Cant verify that this does anything special but i have done it this way with zero problems on several machines.

Install the new plates and fibers and put the cover back on. Put the springs on and now start tightening the bolts slowly in the same star pattern like a car wheel again so it evenly distributes the pressure while you tighten.

Screw the bolts in all the way but don't over torque them because the springs will hold them in tight.

Replace the engine side cover. torque all ur bolts up and u should be set.

Soaking the new plates in oil helps from frying them the first time you go riding.;)