PDA

View Full Version : cold starting ?

YBRIK
01-10-2007, 03:19 PM
(Another persons thread here)I noticed today when the 05 400 is cold and almost won't idle on it's own yet, it makes this ticking noise for a few secs, then it stops for a few secs, then comes back for a few seconds, and keeps cycling like that. As soon as I give it throttle the noise disappears until it idles back down real low again. Once the machine warms up and idles a little higher it doesn't make the noise any longer?????OK mine is an 07 i noticed it does the same thing but when i rev it just a little it makes a click and goes away..than i let off throttle its back when it warms up no noise any ideas? THANKS!!! i noticed this sinse the day after i bought it.(NEW)

Eviltanker
01-10-2007, 03:33 PM
oil is thick yet ?

YBRIK
01-10-2007, 05:39 PM
The click sounds like something kicking on, "then the noise stops"then at low idle it starts ticking again ect........It does'nt really sound like your typical cold engine noises.Thanks for the reply tho. anyone else?

John Pennella
01-10-2007, 08:16 PM
when they idle low they make ticking noises. Not completely sure why but they do. If you bumb up the idle abit you shouldn't hear it.

hornetgod13
01-10-2007, 08:20 PM
Mines the same. I bumped my throttle up a little and it's went away. It only happened when it was cold. It sounds pretty typical. Nothing wrong with the quad.

interceptorz28
01-11-2007, 06:36 AM
I think this has to do with oil circulating inside the engine. When its cold the oil hasn't gotten to where it needs to be. Its probably just some rocker noise till it warms up.

Joe400ex
01-11-2007, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by interceptorz28
I think this has to do with oil circulating inside the engine. When its cold the oil hasn't gotten to where it needs to be. Its probably just some rocker noise till it warms up.

yep^^^^