PDA

View Full Version : Help in starting Honda 450

Everflo
01-10-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi, I need help in starting my Honda 450 Fourtrax. It is -30 C outside (chilly) Electric start won't work and the pull starter is really stiff and I can't get it to turn the engine over. Can I hook up the battery charger and start it that way, If so how doI do it as it looks like the positive and negetive terminals are very close together and I don't know which is which.......

Thanks for any help, I need to plow this snow soon......and husbands out at work.......

tomg
01-10-2007, 03:26 PM
hi, i don't have much experience with this model but how do you mean in won't work,i.e it's not turning the engine over because the battery is flat?
They should have coloured covers on the terminals- the red one is positive.or if you look at the side of the battery look for the + and which ever lead is connected to that terminal will also be positive.

Hope this will get you on the way to solving you problem

Tom

Everflo
01-10-2007, 08:57 PM
Thank you, I managed to get it, finally located the manual, and relized I had to remove the bar covering the battery and the terminals, once I figured that out I managed to boost it. Needless to say heading into Honda tomorrow for a new battery as the manual says they only last approx. three years....

400exrider707
01-10-2007, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Everflo
Thank you, I managed to get it, finally located the manual, and relized I had to remove the bar covering the battery and the terminals, once I figured that out I managed to boost it. Needless to say heading into Honda tomorrow for a new battery as the manual says they only last approx. three years....

They dont hold up too well in the cold either.:ermm:

Ralph
01-11-2007, 12:03 PM
you should be able to get it started with the battery charger just to get it going and get the snow plowed.