View Full Version : 93 Kawasaki Bayou, No Spark

loadandgo350
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
I have a 1993 Kawasaki Bayou that has no spark. I have checked all components & everything is in specs according to the shop manual. I have replaced the CDI box & Pick up coil with new parts & the Stator & Ign. Coil with good used parts. The entire wire harness checks out good. I have confirmed that the kill switch & on / off switches are not grounding the CDI box unless there in the off position. Every once in a while I will get a small spark from the spark plug when I crank the engine & let off of the start button but it will only spark once & it doesn’t do that very often. The battery is fully charged. I took it to a Kawasaki Dealer but after 5 weeks they gave up. This machine ran great up until the day it just wouldn’t start. Any Ideas? Thanks

Colby@C&DRacing
01-11-2007, 07:45 AM
That model had alot of flywheel and CDI problems. Does the flywheel still have strong magnetic pull? Who replaced the parts you or them?

loadandgo350
01-11-2007, 01:55 PM
I am the one who replaced the parts. The dealer just retraced my steps & gave me no good information. The inside magnets on the flywheel have great strength, the tab on the outside does not but from the research I have done the pick up coil is magnetized and just looks for this tab to know when to trigger the CDI box. The stator & pick-up both produce an A/C current during cranking however I don’t know what the spec is because it’s not in the service manual I have. I'm not sure if this is an accurate way to even diagnose those 2 components. Thanks for helping out.