PDA

View Full Version : Clearing codes?

kickin440
01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Anyone know how to clear trouble codes without having to go to the dealer? Or if you can even do it without special tools.

Quad18star
11-02-2007, 07:38 PM
This is an old post , but you have to go to the dealership to clear the codes. It shouldn't take more than 15 minutes to do.

kickin440
11-02-2007, 10:12 PM
You can clear them without going to the dealership.;) I figured out how to from a friend after I posted the question.:)

Icanam
11-12-2007, 06:10 AM
Boy, it sure would be nice to know how to do this. Mine has been asking for an oil change for months ( I do my own service). Care to share with us? Please?

kickin440
11-13-2007, 03:02 PM
You have a PM :D
Go ahead and post it up if you like. I'm not sure if this works for the oil change or not, but only one way to find out.

BamBam730
11-26-2008, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by kickin440
You can clear them without going to the dealership.;) I figured out how to from a friend after I posted the question.:)

Can you please post how to clear the codes? Can am seems to be secretive when it comes to this information. It stinks to buy a atv and you cant even do maintenance due to the manufacturer programing your atv computer to have an indicator message illuminate after so many hours of use.

kickin440
11-27-2008, 12:58 AM
Worked like a charm, Here you go. I think I might still have the service manual downloaded too if you need it just might take me a little longer to find that one.

pulling codes.....

1. Turn Ignition to Lights On position
2. Set speedometer to Engine Hours
3. Press and Hold selector button while switching the Hi-Lo beam 3 times in a row
4. Diagnostics mode is activated now
5. Use selector button to go through codes
6. END will come up when all codes are displayed
7. To end mode hold the selector button for more than 2 seconds
Codes can be found in the service manual

:)

BamBam730
11-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by kickin440
Worked like a charm, Here you go. I think I might still have the service manual downloaded too if you need it just might take me a little longer to find that one.

pulling codes.....

1. Turn Ignition to Lights On position
2. Set speedometer to Engine Hours
3. Press and Hold selector button while switching the Hi-Lo beam 3 times in a row
4. Diagnostics mode is activated now
5. Use selector button to go through codes
6. END will come up when all codes are displayed
7. To end mode hold the selector button for more than 2 seconds
Codes can be found in the service manual

:)

Kickin440, I appreciate the information.

nutkiller
12-03-2008, 11:38 AM
I talked to my dealer and he said that they will reset the comp but it will cost a half hour labor. It sure would be nice to have those codes. :D

kickin440
12-03-2008, 12:13 PM
I did a little looking and found it on my laptop. So I've got it in a pdf and I can't post one of those so give me your email and I'll send you the whole manual.:)

tester08
12-09-2008, 12:34 AM
That's a neat trick thanks...!

In case you would like to know, BRP and dealers use a diagnostic system called BUDS the program can be downloaded as such on Internet Buds.com and you will need a laptop, a connector cable and a serial cable and a sort of black box that connects between the PC and the ATV.

These parts are available through your parts dealer and on the web.

The program is a guide through step by step thing from what I've read in my Shop manual.

BTW if some of you ever need the Codes meaning , I have them in the book. Just email me and I'll answer you.

91gtig60
02-06-2009, 08:47 PM
sorry, this is not true! you have to have a franchise to have b.u.d.s. they only let dealers and authorized repair shops get b.u.d.s. i am a sea doo/ can am certified tech and have been at the dealership 5yrs. if this was the case any andy gump shop would have it. and they dont. sorry.
Originally posted by tester08
That's a neat trick thanks...!

In case you would like to know, BRP and dealers use a diagnostic system called BUDS the program can be downloaded as such on Internet Buds.com and you will need a laptop, a connector cable and a serial cable and a sort of black box that connects between the PC and the ATV.

These parts are available through your parts dealer and on the web.

The program is a guide through step by step thing from what I've read in my Shop manual.

BTW if some of you ever need the Codes meaning , I have them in the book. Just email me and I'll answer you.

tester08
02-09-2009, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by 91gtig60
sorry, this is not true! you have to have a franchise to have b.u.d.s. they only let dealers and authorized repair shops get b.u.d.s. i am a sea doo/ can am certified tech and have been at the dealership 5yrs. if this was the case any andy gump shop would have it. and they dont. sorry.

Thanks for the info, That I didn't know about having to be a certified dealer to purchase the diagnostic kit.