PDA

View Full Version : DRR accesories-whos got them?

QuadJunkies
01-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Im looking into whats all out there for the DRR.
Axles
AArms(I think I already found what we want) but would like to see more
hoods?
We already also have a gusset kit coming so were covered there.
Im going to be short on time over the next couple months traveling so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
We pick up our new mini in two weeks :)

I found most of my Sons needs here already on the West Coast, but didnt know if there was anything new out .

mxdad
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
There is everything out there for the DRX!!!

A lot of people are working on these things now. Some of the more common names I hear are Kool Kidz Atv, WRH Racing, Team Sims Racing or Hetrick Racing.

QuadJunkies
01-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by mxdad
There is everything out there for the DRX!!!

A lot of people are working on these things now. Some of the more common names I hear are Kool Kidz Atv, WRH Racing, Team Sims Racing or Hetrick Racing.
I def want to get a hood soon and nerfs. We plan on doing a complete tear down before its raced :)
And here I thought we would be done with tear downs for at least a little while!:huh :p

mxdad
01-11-2007, 02:34 AM
You are never done...:D

My hood is from Generation X ATV (http://www.genxatv.com/HOMEPAGE.html ) Phone:609-646-8132

Our nerfs are AC

QuadJunkies
01-11-2007, 11:08 AM
I heard there was another set of nerfs out there that work nicely, they liked them better than the AC's.
Know of any others?
Ill check on the hood-thanks!:)

QuadJunkies
01-11-2007, 11:10 AM
Is it just me, or does it appear in this pic that it doesnt fit right?:huh

http://www.genxatv.com/graphics/graphics/101_2383.JPG

dirtmomma
01-11-2007, 11:16 AM
another new mini :eek: :blah: I just don't get on here enough to keep up w/ you LOL :);)

So fill me in :D:D:D

OH yeah BTW Trevor took the Championship in the 50-65cc 4 wheel @ Monroe :devil: :macho
DJ got like tied for 3rd in the 450 I think, no trophies for him haha oh that wasn't nice was it ;)

QuadJunkies
01-11-2007, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
another new mini :eek: :blah: I just don't get on here enough to keep up w/ you LOL :);)

So fill me in :D:D:D

OH yeah BTW Trevor took the Championship in the 50-65cc 4 wheel @ Monroe :devil: :macho
DJ got like tied for 3rd in the 450 I think, no trophies for him haha oh that wasn't nice was it ;)
Tell those kids I said BIG CONGRATS!
We got thenew 07 DRX,were looking into some long travel suspention set ups and start doing stuff liek the tranny saver, wiring,Gussets,chain tensioners ect...
Just when we got Brandons all dialed in too .:ermm: lol
He was getting pretty aggressive last season and needs more at this point
Brandon and Kelseys minis are both up for sael Bandons I think we have already found a local buyer

AFROracing
01-11-2007, 12:37 PM
which tranny saver do the DRR 90's use?
does it need drilling?

BradLoomis
01-11-2007, 02:58 PM
Tranny savers don't fit the DRR's due to the fact that they use Predator style gears. You can buy the output shaft for an older E-Ton 90 non reverse model and replace the output shaft so that it will work with Kasea style gears.

DC Motorsports has a nice set of long travel A-arms.

QuadJunkies
01-11-2007, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by BradLoomis
Tranny savers don't fit the DRR's due to the fact that they use Predator style gears. You can buy the output shaft for an older E-Ton 90 non reverse model and replace the output shaft so that it will work with Kasea style gears.

DC Motorsports has a nice set of long travel A-arms.

Thanks Brad, I wondered myself about the tranny saver and was going to call and ask SCR about it soon,we may have to go this route then :) I feel it was DEF. a MUST HAVE.
We have 2 extra's we can use;)

Ill call Dave soon as well.
Will we be seeing you in Phoenix this year ? :)
What year/model would be sufficient to get from the Eton?

mxdad
01-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
I heard there was another set of nerfs out there that work nicely, they liked them better than the AC's.
Know of any others?
Ill check on the hood-thanks!:)

I think DG makes some but I am not sure??? I know I saw some last year but they were at least $100 more than the AC ones.

mxdad
01-12-2007, 03:21 AM
Is it just me, or does it appear in this pic that it doesnt fit right?:huh

http://www.genxatv.com/graphics/graphics/101_2383.JPG

I believe they made them specifically for the DRX's? I will look at mine a little closer tonight and see how it fits.

mxdad789
01-12-2007, 05:42 PM
Now if you switch gear style why would the tranny saver not work the on the Drr? There would be nothing differnet then so they would work woldnt it. Wrh racing sells them for all models.

ISCHKA
01-16-2007, 08:06 PM
Rath racing makes a really nice set of nerf bars that are very easy to install they bolt right on. Check them out at www.rathracing.com.

QuadJunkies
01-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Im not sure I want to go a bolt on nerf.

QuadJunkies
01-16-2007, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by mxdad789
Now if you switch gear style why would the tranny saver not work the on the Drr? There would be nothing differnet then so they would work woldnt it. Wrh racing sells them for all models.
thats just it I think he was getting at... If we switched it out then we COULD run the Saver.We will most DEF. go this route. ;)

Rath303
01-17-2007, 07:26 AM
hey there.... we right now have nerfs and bumpers for them

Here is a pic of the nerfs... and the nets we have for them are actually black

Rath303
01-17-2007, 07:27 AM
Here is a picture of the bumper

Rath303
01-17-2007, 07:29 AM
I can't find the pic right now but we also carry the little mini number backgrounds as well..

mxdad
01-17-2007, 08:07 AM
Rath is the other nerfs I heard of before and the people I talked to liked them better than the ac nerfs?

QuadJunkies
01-17-2007, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
Rath is the other nerfs I heard of before and the people I talked to liked them better than the ac nerfs?

I can tell you personally the foot pegs on Raths are better!:D
Im just not sure about a bolt on though,my kids even had issues with a WELDED on set ..lol I thought I remembered you telling me last year you had bumpers for the DRR.
cool beans,thats something to think about :)

cjpoole1
01-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Extreme Fabrication makes some real nice mini nerfs.
http://teamsimsracing.com/Accessories.htm

Livin4Real
01-17-2007, 08:57 PM
Hellbound Racing has the best deal on AC's

bulldogfallon
01-28-2007, 10:41 PM
Im looking into whats all out there for the DRR.
Axles
AArms(I think I already found what we want) but would like to see more
hoods?
We already also have a gusset kit coming so were covered there.
Im going to be short on time over the next couple months traveling so any help would be greatly appreciated! :)
We pick up our new mini in two weeks :)

I found most of my Sons needs here already on the West Coast, but didnt know if there was anything new out .

The 07 90s are just starting to come out with 44" width...should be here in the states soon....Getting the a-arms and axle from DR may be a heck of a lot less than an aftermarket

QuadJunkies
01-29-2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
The 07 90s are just starting to come out with 44" width...should be here in the states soon....Getting the a-arms and axle from DR may be a heck of a lot less than an aftermarket
thanks for that info ;)
Any estimated date?
My sons quad arrived this wk end and is ready for new suspention and set up :macho

rhinorick
01-29-2007, 10:18 PM
are you going to have it in time for any flat track races this year?
I'd like to see it in action

QuadJunkies
01-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by rhinorick
are you going to have it in time for any flat track races this year?
I'd like to see it in action
Not sure yet,but Troy has it torn down already.. LOL!:p
Were gongto buy LT shocks sometime next week I think.I dont know if the kids will race locally at all this year, Ill let ya know if we do though!
Its no where near as peppy/fast as Brandons is right now so hes going to do some research on some go parts to wake it up abit and still keep the CC Disp. The stock pipe seems very restrictive, might see if the WRH pipe we have might fit and swap and test it out??? An upgraded pipe should be here next week for it as well

Troy will get it figured out, he always does :p

bulldogfallon
01-29-2007, 10:44 PM
Is it the water cooled version of the DRX90 that you just received?

QuadJunkies
01-29-2007, 10:49 PM
Is it the water cooled version of the DRX90 that you just received?

Yuppers...
So is there no HC pistons out yet for the liquid cooled model? We couldnt find any info anywhere:confused:

The suspention is OUT OF THIS WORLD for a stock mini set up.That alone is worth the investment .
I cant wait to see how much faster it will make him and out handle his other set up right out of the box!

bulldogfallon
01-29-2007, 10:56 PM
They are still working on a better head design for the water cooled versions ....

Once I hear something I will post an update....but they are not satisfied with the head performance yet....

I bet adding a 24mm carb and a koso intake would give it a little kick....

The 44" versions will be out in March....

The water cooled 50s will not be atva legal this year, so I thought it would be a good idea to produce them with the 44" width for the production class...Can't hurt? May even save everyone a few bucks on aftermarket a-arms?

QuadJunkies
01-29-2007, 10:58 PM
Now why would any of us want to save money? :o :p LOL

My Son runs WORCs this year so we have to have it up and running to train ASAP.
That will be good news for some folks wanting to upgrade this spring

thanks for the scoop! ;)

AFROracing
01-30-2007, 12:57 AM
They are still working on a better head design for the water cooled versions ....

Once I hear something I will post an update....but they are not satisfied with the head performance yet....

I bet adding a 24mm carb and a koso intake would give it a little kick....

The 44" versions will be out in March....

The water cooled 50s will not be atva legal this year, so I thought it would be a good idea to produce them with the 44" width for the production class...Can't hurt? May even save everyone a few bucks on aftermarket a-arms?

the 44" is that for the DRX90 limited? What are they now?

mxdad
01-30-2007, 03:15 AM
I believe tehy are 40" now.

bulldogfallon
01-30-2007, 05:07 AM
50cc should be 41" which is atva legal limit for the stk 50cc class

90cc is listed at 42" on their site

AFROracing
01-30-2007, 09:48 AM
50cc should be 41" which is atva legal limit for the stk 50cc class

90cc is listed at 42" on their site
on the DRX2 90 LTD page it say wider a-arms but no measurement..
http://www.drrinc.com/drx2_90_ltd.htm

just wondering if I should wait a few before we order....

Needmorehp
01-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Did they do anything with the shocks?

ecmini1
01-31-2007, 07:34 PM
Drr is comming out with a great entry level model in the 90 limited it will be 44in wide. Ours will be in soon they are in the states just slow getting them out.
We have the apex and love the minis out of the box. The Drr limited has stepped up to the plate greatly. We cant wait to compair the 2.

bulldogfallon
01-31-2007, 08:08 PM
I think you will see the DRX90LTD get refined/upgraded as the year goes on....

ECMINI1 I sent you a PM...

I forgot to mention who I was...

It is Gary from West Palm Beach, Fl

ecmini1
02-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Gary,
Welcome.
You have mail.

Kool Kidz
02-08-2007, 08:35 PM
The late model DRX 90 will have 44" a-arms. All the earlier models will be given the option to up grade to the 44" arms also. It will take some time. DRR will have the new DRX90 LTD at the Dealer Expo Show next weekend.

Lastest news was the 50 will remain at 41".

The axle on both is 2" wider than last year to compliment the wider a-arms. Shocks have been revalved and springs. Other improvements to come also.

DRR is not sitting around. Their looking for improvements as we speak.

I haven't much time to get on here lately but, was trying to catch up on some of the posts.

bulldogfallon
02-08-2007, 08:47 PM
The 50s can also be made at 44" if they are water cooled, since the they won't be ATVA legal this year.

Great head start for the DRX50 in the production class or for the local racer that isn't hitting the national races.

Of course aftermarket a-arms provide long travel as well, but for the average family it will provide more performance for no extra money.

riding4fun
02-26-2007, 06:46 AM
So, approximately when will these 44" DRX2 90's be released. Wider is better so I will wait for it if it's not going to be too long.

Bulldog thanks for your input on the other board.

bulldogfallon
02-26-2007, 07:06 AM
We will see them in March.

AFROracing
02-26-2007, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
So, approximately when will these 44" DRX2 90's be released. Wider is better so I will wait for it if it's not going to be too long.

Bulldog thanks for your input on the other board.

I heard DRR will upgrade any limited sold now with any up the upgrades they do this year for free!

riding4fun
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Is it only the limited that will have the 44"?

bulldogfallon
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Here is the response to the Limited upgrades for free post...(not the 44" model question just above this post)

That is the unofficial "official" word out of the DRR camp.

Things like this is what makes them such a great company. IMO

bulldogfallon
02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by riding4fun
Is it only the limited that will have the 44"?

No...

The 50, 70 and 90 can be ordered with 44" width.

Of course the ATVA limit for stk 4-6 class is 41", but for the local racer it may be a nice upgrade.

We will post the results from the 50s we receive with 44" width.

maddogmike119
02-26-2007, 01:14 PM
In regards to the Generation X hood, the hood fits that machine just fine. They will make what ever color you want or Carbon. Trust me it is the nicest stuff on the market now! Call George at Gen X and tell him Maddog's Dad sent you!

riding4fun
02-26-2007, 08:29 PM
No...

The 50, 70 and 90 can be ordered with 44" width.

Of course the ATVA limit for stk 4-6 class is 41", but for the local racer it may be a nice upgrade.

We will post the results from the 50s we receive with 44" width.

Cool, then I will wait to order my daughter the 90. Bulldog ,I seen the DRX 250 available in pink. That would be sweet to get the 90 in pimk.

Let me know when it is available

bulldogfallon
02-26-2007, 08:55 PM
The 90s will be in Pink too....

drr wizard
03-19-2007, 05:45 PM
I've got the gen x hood on mine and fits well and looks great!

there is a tranny saver out there just for the drx, the only place I know of you can get it is a shop in Alabama called HOT QUADS those guys have anything and everything for drr-drx , they have most stuff in stock. you can find them @ miniquadsracing.com
let me know what you think of that new 44" wide , I'm condsidering replacing my 41" wide .

dirttrack86
05-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Hello, can someone fill me in on this 44 inch upgrade. I bought a 50cc with the 41 and didn't know anything about the 44 inch. Who do I contact about getting a set? free or paying, I need a set. And where do I get the longer rear axle that was mentioned. Thanks for any help on this.:) :)

QuadJunkies
05-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Theres gonna be a new mini race pipe being built in the near future,Ill give more details as it comes avail. to me as well as any of the other mods for the DRR thats going to be coming avail.
My Son is going to be testing the pipe .

Also, did ya'll see the new Maxxis mini tires?
Ill be doing a full tire review on that in the mini section VERY soon!:macho
The tires look WAY COOL!

bulldogfallon
05-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Originally posted by dirttrack86
Hello, can someone fill me in on this 44 inch upgrade. I bought a 50cc with the 41 and didn't know anything about the 44 inch. Who do I contact about getting a set? free or paying, I need a set. And where do I get the longer rear axle that was mentioned. Thanks for any help on this.:) :)

on the 50cc quads 41" is the standard.....I brought some units in at 44" (I am a distributor), but they are too wide ofr ATVA sponsored events (in the 4-6 stk lmtd class).

So it is an upgrade you would have to pay for.

PM me and I can help you get all the pieces you need to complete the change.....

dirttrack86
05-17-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey Bulldogfallon,
Did you get my pm?