PDA

View Full Version : LTR vs LTZ

300ex03_619
01-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I am about to trade for an 03 Z440, it is very built but has stock a-arms, with 450r shocks, and stock axle. I race mx and my dad said this spring he would co-sign for me an LTR450, so what do u think would be better, Z440 now, or LTR later?

armysig
01-10-2007, 09:16 AM
If someone is going to help you with buying an LTR in the future I would wait to get it. Enjoy your LTZ right now until you are able to get the new quad.

If you haven't ridden an LTR yet it's going to be like night and day coming off of your LTZ.

Once you do the minor mods needed to the LTR (air lid cover off, butt plug out of the pipe and a cherry bomb, grand total $40.00 at the most) the throttle responce is unreal. There is almost no delay in getting the power you want to the wheels.

Depending on how much you weigh and your riding style, you like the stock suspension. A possible respring and valve job might be needed, but it's well worth it. And a lot cheaper than getting an aftermarket set up.

I'm a beginner/novice racer and I am either getting the holeshot or I'm right behind another LTR. This quad can preform very well with minor mods done to it.

Good luck getting one. You'll never regret coming off of the LTZ.

4TraxRider
01-10-2007, 01:57 PM
^^Agreed. Mines perfectly competative in dist. 34 B class MX with a yoshi slip-on, cbrm and flexx bars.