View Full Version : Bottoming out shocks???

09-22-2002, 08:42 PM
Today i went out to a track in my local area and was hitting some pretty decent sized jumps and my shocks were what it felt like bottoming out.....i have them on the hardest setting and they still feel like that, should i change my settings or get some new shocks?
Thanx

Stevo
09-22-2002, 08:47 PM
If your jumping a lot get some aftermarket shocks before u start breaking the shock mounts. That's what i did and i had to weld and gusset them, then i put on works shocks so it didn't happen again!

Big - D Racing
09-22-2002, 08:49 PM
front stockers are crap get aftermarket ASAP before you damage your arms.

lil400exman
09-22-2002, 09:41 PM
stock arms on the 400ex are like tanks but if you need with too i reccomend tlaking to randall that is his site name he makes trick spacers for wheels so you can get aftermarkets and keep stock arms...;)

Nausty
09-22-2002, 10:17 PM
you should be fine, truthfully you should bottem out every once in a while, it use to be to the point where at some tracks I would ride I would be botteming every jump, wears you out pretty quick. You should be fine in tell you really start doing some jumps.

DarkStarRacing
09-23-2002, 01:02 PM
if you find that your bottoming out a lot, try hitting the gas right before you land it stiffens up the rear shock and you won't bottom out