PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use KG clutch components?

ryanh250ex
01-09-2007, 11:22 PM
Well, i smoked my clutch on my 250 today and now i'm looking for alternatives to the weak OEM unit.

I'm looking for something heavy duty to handle not only the abuse i put on it but also the extra power i'm putting down.

The guy i get all my parts from is a guy i've used for the last few years and has done some reputable work for me in the past. When i told him of my problem, he informed me that at the shop they stock KG clutch components.

Does anyone use these? Money is of no concern here- I want something that will hold up to power.

If it makes any difference, the bike sees a combination of woods/open field riding. If i dont hear solid reviews for the KG i will probably go with the barnett kit.

underpowered
01-10-2007, 06:37 AM
i have used KG before, put a kit in my old 300ex. been in for a few years and still holding up strong. but the stock clutch is not weak, factory clutches are actually one of the better clutches you can get for most bikes. i run barnette in my 400ex with no complaints but it does not last nearly as long as the stock one. the barnette does hold better with no slipping on top end in higher gears but teh stock clutch had a much longer life in my 400

Chin_Chilla
01-10-2007, 07:50 AM
If money is no concern, then go for Hinson clutch components no question.

400exrider707
01-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Chin_Chilla
If money is no concern, then go for Hinson clutch components no question.

agreed...but do they offer anything for the 250EX? I would probably just go with OEM stuff here.;)

Colby@C&DRacing
01-11-2007, 07:40 AM
KG makes alot of the oem clutchs

400exrider707
01-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
KG makes alot of the oem clutchs

ahh good to know...