PDA

View Full Version : headlight and taillight stopped working

y3llow400ex
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
went riding this past sunday in the rain and mud and my lights worked all day long. well last night i hopped on the quad and let it run and flipped on the lights and the headlight just gets a faint blink and nothing else and the tail light does nothing. any ideas?

ricks450
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
i dont have a manual so all i can tell you to do is dissconnect all your connectors and clean them and check all your grounds and make sure you dont have any shorts. you swicth might be a problem to so i would take that apart and clean it. hope this helps.:)

AZTRX
01-10-2007, 08:54 PM
could be your stator coil

y3llow400ex
01-12-2007, 09:23 PM
well i just went and tried turning it on and it did, so its not the stator coil, maybe some water in the switch or connector and not getting a good connection or something

TWILES
01-13-2007, 12:33 PM
I haven't really torn into the old lady's but most things with lights have a fuse. I think I'd start there.
Digging in too deep would be a little overkill right off the bat. I saw a guy once with a Banshee who said his jetting was off. He pulled the filter off of it and the foam seal ring was gone and you had to knock mud off the filter to even see it was yellow and had never been oiled.

:huh :huh :huh