PDA

View Full Version : how paypal works?

Rider-trx_250ex
01-09-2007, 09:21 PM
i not a big fan of buying stuff with credit cards and such over the net so i use COds when ever i can, but i'm getting an ebay account soon and i was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on how paypal works?

Kickstarts-suck
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
i not a big fan of buying stuff with credit cards and such over the net so i use COds when ever i can, but i'm getting an ebay account soon and i was wondering if someone could give me a quick run down on how paypal works?

takes the money out your bank account

m4skinner
01-09-2007, 09:28 PM
Or a credit card.

01-10-2007, 06:39 AM
You don't need to open a paypal account to do business on ebay, in fact I would recommend not doing paypal. Do a google search on issues with paypal, it will scare the hell out of you. I'm a prime example. I sold a PS3, was paid via paypal, buyer claims they never received it, even though I have proof from UPS it was delivered. Paypal froze my account, took 30 days to "review" the buyers claim, then took my $1100 out of my account and gave to the buyer! My account is now froze, plus paypal claims I still owe additional money from the 3% commission they took out from the transaction. During the 30 day review period, I went to my bank and signed a form to ensure no funds would be transferred from my bank to paypal. After the 30 days when paypal paid the buyer from my account, they also went in and tried to grab the additional money out of my bank account!

So now I'm debating on going through the hassle of hiring a lawyer to sue paypal.

01-10-2007, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex

Buying items with a credit card is actually the best way to protect yourself! Not sure why you are not a big fan?? I did say credit card, not a bank card. I've had disputes with my Chase Visa and all I have ever had to do was call Chase and explained the situation and they always credited my account and I never had one transaction reversed.

honda350r
01-10-2007, 07:46 AM
PayPal works great! Never any problems..

If you are a scammer expect to be scammed !

I find it very funny that people with credit card problems have paypal problems too?

Honda#4
01-10-2007, 08:05 AM
I've been wondering how paypal works too, guess I know now. All I use is a credit card never had any problems with it so far, I just wish they would raise my frickin amount higher.

m4skinner
01-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Kyle_TQRA
You don't need to open a paypal account to do business on ebay, in fact I would recommend not doing paypal. Do a google search on issues with paypal, it will scare the hell out of you. I'm a prime example. I sold a PS3, was paid via paypal, buyer claims they never received it, even though I have proof from UPS it was delivered. Paypal froze my account, took 30 days to "review" the buyers claim, then took my $1100 out of my account and gave to the buyer! My account is now froze, plus paypal claims I still owe additional money from the 3% commission they took out from the transaction. During the 30 day review period, I went to my bank and signed a form to ensure no funds would be transferred from my bank to paypal. After the 30 days when paypal paid the buyer from my account, they also went in and tried to grab the additional money out of my bank account!

So now I'm debating on going through the hassle of hiring a lawyer to sue paypal.
Was it a confirmed address ? if not you was just asking for trouble. how much did you sell the PS3 for ?

NorCalRacer
01-10-2007, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by honda350r
PayPal works great! Never any problems..

If you are a scammer expect to be scammed !

I find it very funny that people with credit card problems have paypal problems too?

Paypal is a scam. Just because you have been lucky so far doesn't mean you will be in the future. For every legitimate scam paypal stops they steal thousand's from legitimate sellers. I am not a scammer and will have issue with anyone who says otherwise and they have my money, along with the guy who sells skidplates, and anyone else with a grand+ in their paypal account.. Neither of us had ONE complaint at all, so once again, referring directly to you, stfu until you know what you are talking about. Seems I say that to you alot....:rolleyes:

honda350r
01-10-2007, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by NorCalRacer
Paypal is a scam. Just because you have been lucky so far doesn't mean you will be in the future. For every legitimate scam paypal stops they steal thousand's from legitimate sellers. I am not a scammer and will have issue with anyone who says otherwise and they have my money, along with the guy who sells skidplates, and anyone else with a grand+ in their paypal account.. Neither of us had ONE complaint at all, so once again, referring directly to you, stfu until you know what you are talking about. Seems I say that to you alot....:rolleyes:

Hmmm.... 5 years and 350 paypal transactions = 0 problems !

So you can STFU !!!