PDA

View Full Version : head pipe glowing red

vincinzo
01-09-2007, 08:54 PM
ok lets c if anyone can help first of all i have an 02 frame with an 05 400ex engine in it same carb as the 02 same yosh pipe same jets in the carb all i did was swap the engines from an 2002 to 2005. Went great i rode it a few times on the last ride it came time to care for the chain and noticed the head pipe glowing red i was on the gas about half cause it doesnt like it when i clean it. The 02 motor never had that problem i changed a million main jets and even changed the slow jet to a 42 it runs fine other then the glowing i Have Not rode it since just working on it. think it might have valves stuck open does that make since maybe carbon deposits on the exhaust valves? i dont know what to do it is draning my very life force i dont think it is the carb i just dont know

Kaleigh
01-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by vincinzo
ok lets c if anyone can help first of all i have an 02 frame with an 05 400ex engine in it same carb as the 02 same yosh pipe same jets in the carb all i did was swap the engines from an 2002 to 2005. Went great i rode it a few times on the last ride it came time to care for the chain and noticed the head pipe glowing red<b> i was on the gas about half cause it doesnt like it when i clean it.</b> The 02 motor never had that problem i changed a million main jets and even changed the slow jet to a 42 it runs fine other then the glowing i Have Not rode it since just working on it. think it might have valves stuck open does that make since maybe carbon deposits on the exhaust valves? i dont know what to do it is draning my very life force i dont think it is the carb i just dont know

I dont get what you mean by that..

but with the head pipe is it? Yoshi or stock?.. titanium will glow, its normal..

vincinzo
01-10-2007, 02:44 PM
it gets cold after washing it and doesnt like to be started.. is what i mean so i start it and to keep it running i have it a little gas for like 30 sec then give it a little more and it is a full yoshi system ...but it never did it when i had that same carb and yoshi system on the 2002 engine and alot of people say that the glowing is bad and im running lean