PDA

View Full Version : need help...

matthoyda
01-09-2007, 08:32 PM
99 banshee for sale needs new piston and rings and put togetherhas trinity stage 5 cylinders fmf gold pipes alchohol carbs also have stock ones

would i beable to put the stock carbs on? and secondly with those cylinders...can i rebuild it with stock pistons or what would i need to do it?
Im considering buying this...

and also what are alchohol carbs?

250r4life
01-09-2007, 11:17 PM
alcohol carbs are carbs that you have to run alcohol through- not gas... if you cant throw the stock carbs back on i would not get this bike if i were you... as a matter of fact, as it appears that you are pretty uninformed about the banshee, i would definately look for a different bike..

machwon
01-11-2007, 06:57 PM
If it still has a stock crank, you can use the stock style pistons. Make sure the cylinder bores are still good or you may have to have them bored. You will also need to buy the correct piston size for the bore.

The stock gas carbs should also work fine as long as they fit in the intakes.

Alky carbs will only work with alky and special oil like maxima 927. You will also need to purge the gas tank, carbs and engine with regular gas and oil at the end of each day after using alky. alky is very corrosive and will ruin the engine seals and cause the cylinders to rust overnight.