PDA

View Full Version : If I Made A Video Would You Buy It?

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 06:47 PM
my friend says its an amatuer edited video and that people would never buy one..... but i f i went to nearly all the nationals and put that all into a video and distributed it through impact video would u guys ever buy one......... heres an example of my work http://media.putfile.com/The-Resistance

zack221
01-09-2007, 06:50 PM
yea i would if it didnt have the hard music in it or whatever it is called.i know you gotta put some music in it but not hard music all the way through.I know you cant satisfy everone with the music but im sure there is more people that like different music.

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
you dont think that video i posted on here was hard music do you?............... u dont want country right?

zack221
01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
no that music was alright but that screaming junk is gay.but country music really dont fit in.i would like to hear the fourwheelers instead of music though.

juanki
01-09-2007, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by zack221
yea i would if it didnt have the hard music in it or whatever it is called.i know you gotta put some music in it but not hard music all the way through.I know you cant satisfy everone with the music but im sure there is more people that like different music.

i have always wonder how would it sound with electronic music

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 06:59 PM
ever heard of sky eats airplane? i think i might have 1 or two of their songs in it

wvspeedfreak
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
You did a nice job on the video.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Hell yeah id buy ur vid man. I like ur style of filming and editing.

Would u edit some footage for me. Just like u posted. One songs worth of riding.

blasterandy
01-09-2007, 07:33 PM
Yea, id buy it. Truthfuly i love anything that has to do with atvs and i would buy it if i saw it. I love going on youtube and just looking at the atv videos. A good way to get recognized is send some edited footage to places normally they are looking for quality and originality. the neg. exposure thing is now so cliquche that its considered noob so i wouldn't do that. It looks good but as i noticed u used it once and that was overkill it lasted a little longer than needed. Also i like the riding seemed to be in beat with the atv's if you get a song that breaks in the middle thats the point you wann put a nice hard but smooth landing in there. Just look at huevos. Try and use some of the newer tech. in the 9th one. also an song with an odd beat can really complement riding. Some good songs to use are ones off pure volume. most of those guys don't care and they would just want there name in the credits. Make sure you site all your work just be cause of copywrite infringment.
Overall i give it an 8/10 good job. quality 4/10 it was this being because of the size you must make the video for hosting sites.(i understand) and for origninality i give it a 7/10. Good use of rhythm. i think some up close shots on the front end rolling and shoving off the whoops show a lot of contrast, i like to see that.
Just my .02 :D
Great vid

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 07:43 PM
quality yea......... better quality equal larger file size........ i am using pure volume and myspace by the way

2004-400ex
01-09-2007, 08:07 PM
you improve quality and make a 45 minute movie and set the price at like 10-15$ you will sell alot of them and make some money off of it.
what you have now would make a good intro

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 08:23 PM
i have a whole 1 hour and 20 minute movie done its just i shouldnt really sell it cuz it uses copywritten music and all......... the next one wont........ the video quality on the actual DVD is just as good or better than wat u see on huevos and wat not

Rider-trx_250ex
01-09-2007, 09:08 PM
nice video, what program do you use to edit? and IMO hearing the quads just a little unstead of all music would be better when you are focused one one quad for more than a cople of seconds.

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 09:14 PM
pinnacle and i dont like the quad sounds while music is going.... i might sometimes do it though just not often

Pappy
01-09-2007, 09:18 PM
You do know that you cannot just use footage from the nationals right?

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 09:22 PM
how does that work?

Pappy
01-09-2007, 09:24 PM
im not up on video as much as i am photographs, but nationals races have retained the rights to all video reproductions of the event. you have to have written permision to use footage.

this doesnt apply to media coverage but it does apply to making movies etc.

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 09:27 PM
holy crap! more legal barriers.... you think they will want money for it?

Pappy
01-09-2007, 09:31 PM
with the gnc and gncc id say so since they produce thier own videos of each event and have contracts to air them on televison etc.

with photography, the photographer retains all rights of a photograph, except in an advertisment situation. the photograph, no matter of the subject matter is a creation of the photographer.

video is a copy or something along those lines and differs in ownership rights.

so a photographer could snap away all day long and sell the pics to magazines etc, but a schmo on the sidelines with a handy cam cant do jack with his footage except watch it at home. kind of weird eh:p

and to answer something you posted in the other thread, if your thread that was deleted contained footage from a national and you were attempting to market it, we have no choice but to delete it or we can be found legally liable for marketing the material.

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 09:34 PM
god almighty..... i'll just say i took a crapload of pictures really quick and then made a slide show where the picture changes every 1/30th of a second.......... there i solved it....

Pappy
01-09-2007, 09:35 PM
lol...i kind of agree. but people with alot more money, big law degrees on thier wall and the law on thier side say differently:p

jeremy_283
01-09-2007, 09:41 PM
geeze......... i hate.......... everything....... maybe i shuld leave it to the people at premis and h-bomb....... i shuld try to get on their task force

Pappy
01-09-2007, 09:46 PM
nothing worthwhile is easy. the ones you want to emulate have been down that road, like others before them and those yet to come.

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ45.html

Rider-trx_250ex
01-09-2007, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by extremejrowe
pinnacle and i dont like the quad sounds while music is going.... i might sometimes do it though just not often

pinnacle? i know waht it means but why do u have it there?

wheeltrax
01-09-2007, 09:58 PM
pinnacle is the maker of the program he used.

Rider-trx_250ex
01-09-2007, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by wheeltrax
pinnacle is the maker of the program he used.

ohhhhhhhhh ok