PDA

View Full Version : trottle adjustment?

YBRIK
01-09-2007, 06:15 PM
can someone give me detailed instructions how to adjust my throttle? i hav a 07 and i hear factory setting is about 75% throttle i want it all (100%) i do have quiteabit of slop and i dont hear anything stopping or bottoming out in the carb @ WOT. i am pretty close to the Z400 now maybe this will help THANKS!!!

hondaracer57
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
there should be a screw on ur thumb throttle that stops u from pushing it too wide open

YBRIK
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
I'm not talking about any kind of stop I'm talking about the slack before the throttle engages.

ImplodedMindZ
01-09-2007, 07:38 PM
Up on the thumb throttle where the cable goes into the housing there is a nut. Loosen that nut then grab ahold of where the threaded area of the cable is and turn it out until there is no more slack in the thumb throttle. or you could do it at the carb but thats way more work. Then once there is no more slack tighten that nut back up and you should be good.

YBRIK
01-10-2007, 02:44 PM
Thanks!!! I just turned the gas off ran it till it died than kept smacking throttle to full throttle while turning out adj bolt on handlbars untill i heard it taping at full throttle in the carb than tightened lock goodtogo.Thanks again!!!