PDA

View Full Version : big problem

hartnett18
01-09-2007, 05:57 PM
my axle was making funny noises and not turning right so i took it apart and the inside of the carrier look like hell. The bearings are are snapped in half and the seals are bent and trashed. i need to no if you can use an after market carrier on stock swing arms? or can i just get new bearings and seals? wheres a good website for the cheapest price? all this because of a loose axle nut:(

TWILES
01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
They sell new bearings. You don't have to get a whole new bearing carrier just because it comes with bearings. The hard part will be getting the old ones out without trashing the carrier you have now.

woodsrider4ever
01-09-2007, 07:04 PM
a trick if you can liek take an old baring and take it apart and use the inside coloer and use like 5 balls to put the bearing kinda together and keep pressure on it and the nhit it out it works prity good if you do it right

hartnett18
01-10-2007, 06:37 AM
ok thanks but where can i get just bearings and seals? the carriers fine i just also need the metal center tube? i would do youre trick but they are in about 20 pices of crushed metal and i dont have anymore the other side is good i just need to take out the left side bearings .

KH426
01-10-2007, 06:28 PM
I have the hole carrier good bearings ready to go. PM me if you are intrested

jubileeatv
01-25-2007, 06:10 PM
tap a zerk fitting into the carrier and blow it out, put it all together and fill that full of marine grease, you wont notice the weight and it keeps your bearings happy for a longer time.
or get a new carrier w/spindle bearings if you ride hard.:devil: