PDA

View Full Version : Racing a King Quad

quads14589
01-09-2007, 05:02 PM
hello i was wondering if it would be a good idea to race a king quad in a harescrambles or get a kawi 750?

thanks tyler

firefighterjosh
01-14-2007, 07:59 PM
I am racing my KQ in HS and GNCC events. KQ handles better then a brute. The brute isn't that much faster. between those too my pick is with the KQ

Rick Clark
01-18-2007, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
hello i was wondering if it would be a good idea to race a king quad in a harescrambles or get a kawi 750?

thanks tyler

What would be nice is that Suzuki would put a 6 speed wide ratio tyranny in one for racing and trail riding.:) That would make the King into a rock crawler and a raciness machine.
I like to pick my gears on my own.

PS; It would need a beefed up auto clutch, and gears to handle the power the 695cc puts out.

Gear down 1/4 lower then what the Vinson has for low range, make it a real rocker crawler, and be able to turn 27-28' tires with no problem.

rundrave
01-24-2007, 09:28 AM
theres a nice write up on the king quad that won the 12hr race in the utility class this year. you could check out some of the mods they did to it. its on another site. If you google for 'atv scene' you should be able to find it.

I personally think a prairie or brute force is better for xc racing but thats just me.