PDA

View Full Version : Lights...

richmond559
01-09-2007, 04:56 PM
Need to know if i can put a headlight on the 125 typhoon.Do alot of duning here in cali.and he wants to go nightriding with me.Any help...Thanks in advance..

WOLFPACK
01-10-2007, 06:06 AM
Yes, you can. In the owners manual you should have received a wiring diagram. Let us know if you need any help.

Shane

Originally posted by richmond559
Need to know if i can put a headlight on the 125 typhoon.Do alot of duning here in cali.and he wants to go nightriding with me.Any help...Thanks in advance..

richmond559
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by WOLFPACK
Yes, you can. In the owners manual you should have received a wiring diagram. Let us know if you need any help.

Shane Thanks shane .Ill try and tackle that owners manual didnt learn americhinese..Do you know what brand and size would work watts wise that is ..

WOLFPACK
01-10-2007, 01:05 PM
Now your asking the tough questions! :D

There is nothing in the owners manual that states anything about wattage. Pat and i talked it over and at best guess we are thinking it will be somewhere around 25w to 40w. Your local auto parts store will sell a dual kit of PIAA pretty cheap. You could try to run just one which will draw 35w.

Disclaimer: We do not claim to be electrical experts! Infact if there were an electric knowledge rating system we would be considered to be at the "Tim the toolman" level. So, please check out our advice with someone who knows and have a video camera ready when you fire in up initially! :eek:

richmond559
01-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks wolfpack...so hold both ends in each hand then turn over the motor right ..haha..Thanks again...

WMW-F4R
02-16-2007, 02:41 AM
We have been running 2x 20w lights (one spot, one flood) and it works great so far!
WW

richmond559
02-16-2007, 08:44 AM
If you get some time can you post a picture of it..Id like to see where you mounted them...thanx for info wmw-f4r..And congrads on the finishes at the worcs race..

TonyV
02-26-2007, 09:00 PM
Well I guess that tells me the dual 55 watt kit I bought is out of the question as far as running one on the 90 and the other on the 125 Typhoons I just purchaseed :eek: :(

Louie
02-27-2007, 07:12 PM
Richmond559, I noticed your from central cali. I am as well and was wondering where you purchased your typhoon from? the closest dealer to me is about 2.5 hours away in bakersfield. Funny, i noticed your b-day is 3 days before mine. same year!!!

richmond559
02-27-2007, 08:25 PM
Got mine in atascadero from alternative cycles..guy named jason he races the xtreme pit bikes ..I ride alot at pismo so i go by there more then bakersfield so if i need something its on my way..

WMW-F4R
02-27-2007, 10:19 PM
The double 20w lights have been on back order for awhile but should be available soon. PM me for price and current availability if you would like.
WW

questatv
07-30-2007, 05:09 AM
While looking over old subjects I ran across this thread. Just last night my son said he wishes he had some lights on his Typhoon 90.
I would very much appreciate someone taking the time to explain what is involved in this. Don't assume anything and post as much info as you can. Pictures or descriptions of where you mounted them also be appreciated.
Where do I get the lights, what size, harness, how are they wired in etc.?
Thanks,
Rusty