PDA

View Full Version : Should i emigrate to the great USA

loueye
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
First if all Hi, do i need to buy drinks for people first, if so beers on me.

I'm a quad rider after giving up solos, so if you're wondering why i'm posting this for, here goes.

First of all i live in Newcastle, England. Yes it's that little country where Tony Blair just follows George WWWWWW Bush.
Well this country sucks big time now, and i think it's time to emigrate and i've always fancied Montana, Utah or somewhere where there is lots of open space (which you lot seem to have).

Over here the average wage is about £20,000-£25,000 per year. The average house price is £185,000 for a three bed semi detached. (£1500 month mortgage over 25 years).
Council tax (what pays the road sweepers, fire brigade etc) is £1500 per year.
We get free medical care which comes out of our taxes, even though i had to wait two years for ACl reconstruction.
Gas price to heat your house per year is about £1000.
Petrol is £1.00 per litre (yes per litre).
Vehicle tax is about £200 per year.
Car insurance is about £500 per year on say a ford mondeo.

I'm a electrician and what wage would i be looking at if a moved to the US, how much are house prices, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHERE IS THERE TO RIDE.:D :D :D .
this country is only about 800 miles long and 250 wide (at it's widest) and all we get is hassle about where to ride.

Practice tracks are only allowed to open for so many days a year.
It sucks.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Regards louis

ps now i have my whinging over with, this is a great site.

Pappy
01-09-2007, 03:24 PM
Insult our president...nice way to say hello to Americans:p

fastyz85
01-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Pappy

its alright we insult him too.lol

Pappy
01-09-2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by fastyz85

its not the same;)

WhiteYFZ
01-09-2007, 03:45 PM

WhiteYFZ
01-09-2007, 03:46 PM
its not the same;)

lol papp truu.

2004exrider
01-09-2007, 04:03 PM
The USA must not be to bad, look at all the illegals we have lol.

Jimmy

jcv400ex
01-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by loueye

Over here the average wage is about £20,000-£25,000 per year. The average house price is £185,000 for a three bed semi detached. (£1500 month mortgage over 25 years).
Council tax (what pays the road sweepers, fire brigade etc) is £1500 per year.
We get free medical care which comes out of our taxes, even though i had to wait two years for ACl reconstruction.
Gas price to heat your house per year is about £1000.
Petrol is £1.00 per litre (yes per litre).
Vehicle tax is about £200 per year.
Car insurance is about £500 per year on say a ford mondeo.

I'm a electrician and what wage would i be looking at if a moved to the US, how much are house prices, BUT THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS WHERE IS THERE TO RIDE.:D :D :D .
this country is only about 800 miles long and 250 wide (at it's widest) and all we get is hassle about where to ride.

Practice tracks are only allowed to open for so many days a year.
It sucks.

Any feed back would be greatly appreciated.

Regards louis

ps now i have my whinging over with, this is a great site.

Hello Louis,

here is the average pay for an electrician in the US.

How much does this job pay? Back to Top

In 2004, the middle half of electricians earned between $15.43 and $26.90 an hour. The lowest-paid 10 percent earned less than $12.18. The highest-paid 10 percent earned more than $33.63. People who worked in car factories made the most.

IF a British pound is about 1.993 US dollars then you'll be more than pleased living in the US. $150,000 US should get you a decent 3 bedroom house. Depending on the weather, you may pay alittle more to heat the house. Gas is around $2.30-$2.40 a gallon. There is no vehicle tax, but we do pay to register the cars with the state. Fees vary from state to state on that. Car insurance should also be cheaper that that. You get health insurane from your employer. For a family of 4, you may pay between $30 and $150 every two weeks for coverage. That all depends on your employer's rates.

Atving is great in the mid-western US. You couldn't go wrong!

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 04:28 PM
r u french?

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider

Jimmy

lmfao...

:devil:

Rip_Tear
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM
Move to Canada, we insult everybody :p :D

orca0294
01-09-2007, 05:26 PM
I'd definately immigrate if I were you..if your looking into montana look into a town outside of missoula, montana. I'm not sure about riding there but the weather and views are awesome there. The town consists of about 90,000 people and the surrounding towns are much smaller and there is not much around. It is a very laid back kind of living compared to here in chicago (where I live). There is also no sales tax in stores there. You can ride your quad on the road there - I'm assuming there is trail up into the mountains because they have snowmobile trails there. With the population constantly growing I see your profession something that will be in demand for a while.

Good luck!

juanki
01-09-2007, 05:32 PM
would you go legally?

i have a ligth opportunity to work in phoenix for a construcction company, but have to get the working visa first.

if you dont have a working visa, cant work.

I-7
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
An immigrant that speaks/reads english??!! Come on over!!:macho

fastyz85
01-09-2007, 07:07 PM
you can immagrate as long as your okay with those ignorant,obnoxious puerto ricans.maybe the other states don't have it as bad as jersey though,except for california and new mexico.lol

northwest Texas
01-09-2007, 07:18 PM
Come on over. I have a buddy that got homesick and went home to Australia for a while. He wasn't there a month and he's ready to come back.

I don't know about salaries for electricians but you shouldn't have any problem finding work.

If you come over and stay west of Interstate 35, you'll be amazed at all the wide open spaces.

I'd love to see Montana, Wyoming, and more of the states up there. It's not too bad where I live either, still relatively unpopulated and a short 3 hours to the mountains.

If you're the least bit interested, be prepared for a long wait. Since 9/11 happened, my buddy has literally been waiting almost 4 years for his paperwork so he can be here without having a work visa. It's been really discouraging for him (I think that's also some of the reason he went back to Australia for a while)

Hondadudeehhhh
01-09-2007, 07:23 PM
Ive been told lately that Nevada is growing like crazy. I dont know for sure, a guy at work plans on moving out there because he is in construction. The weather seems a little too hot for me but id love to be out in the mountains and dunes. It seems like a beautiful place to live to me, and if the jobs are as good as im told i might be looking at University of Nevada, Las Vegas for school. But ive never been that far out west so i might just be hearing bs

stalefish_132
01-09-2007, 07:57 PM
i'd recomend moving to canada, more room than you can think of in saskatchewan
only think is gas is around $1 a litre here to,why does america allways get the cheap gas:blah: :eek:

JOEX
01-09-2007, 08:41 PM
House prices, utilities, fuel and wages vary greatly from area to area over here. First pic a location where you'd like to live then research that area :)

Rider-trx_250ex
01-09-2007, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by 2004exrider

Jimmy
A little illegal immagration humor.
http://roffles.com/videos/view/64/

But you should immigrate to the U.S. if you want to, you only live once so make the most of it.

Kickstarts-suck
01-09-2007, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Rider-trx_250ex
A little illegal immagration humor.
http://roffles.com/videos/view/64/

But you should immigrate to the U.S. if you want to, you only live once so make the most of it.

LMAO ROFLMAO OMG LOL WTF!

Ralph
01-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Heres some things to consider.

Your faced to deal with people who dont know that french people live in FRANCE not ENGLAND.

You might have people asking you if your legal because they dont know u cant swim to montana from england.

but seriously.

Its a nice country and you could definatly enjoy it. One thing is that it might be hard for you to get used to the culture. Im not sure how old you are but the older the harder it is to adjust. What about your family? Know that they will all be thousands of miles away.

Do you know anyone here?

I moved to this country from germany with my family when i was 10. Ive been here for 8 years now and i wouldnt go back.

The one thing i dont like about this country is the ignorance of alot of people. Most people my age couldnt point out england on a map. They dont know anything about the world besides what is in the us.

Rastus
01-09-2007, 11:03 PM
What Ralph said is very true, many people in the U.S. are just plain ignorant. They feel comfortable and think that the gov't will always provide/be there for them.

And the younger individuals? What a joke, I'm 19 and alot of people my age don't know jack about the world/world geography. They see no point in learning more than what is required of them.

loueye
01-10-2007, 06:59 AM
Originally posted by Ralph
Heres some things to consider.

Your faced to deal with people who dont know that french people live in FRANCE not ENGLAND.

You might have people asking you if your legal because they dont know u cant swim to montana from england.

but seriously.

Its a nice country and you could definatly enjoy it. One thing is that it might be hard for you to get used to the culture. Im not sure how old you are but the older the harder it is to adjust. What about your family? Know that they will all be thousands of miles away.

Do you know anyone here?

I moved to this country from germany with my family when i was 10. Ive been here for 8 years now and i wouldnt go back.

The one thing i dont like about this country is the ignorance of alot of people. Most people my age couldnt point out england on a map. They dont know anything about the world besides what is in the us.

Back over here in the Uk, we have lots of idnorant people too, it's not just america.
I'm still quite young, 30 next week, so hopefully i could settle in well somehwhere.

This country is full of illegal immigrants too, i'm not racist far from it, but we get a lot of Kurds, turkish, polish, and more coming over claiming housing benefit, free healthcare, free childcare, free £150 week for 2 children. They even get money off the government towards a car. :devil: The likes of us middle classes work hard just to pooay taxes, everything we buy has 17.5% tax on it, fuel is about 80% tax we pay $10 a gallon:blah: :blah: :blah: . I really like the idea of Montana but, of course i want to where there is jobs and also a good quad scene.

Is it true that you canadian only get 2 weeks paid holidays a year?

Ps i will be coming into the country LEGALLY and not swimming. If i did swim, green peace would pick me up saying "lost whale found in atlantic"

Louis

YannGumbo
01-10-2007, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by krt400ex
r u french?

Are you french??
Do you know where the UK is??? they speak ENGLISH... you should follow a little bit more in class when you teachers talks... :macho

mxdad
01-10-2007, 08:00 AM
you can immagrate as long as your okay with those ignorant,obnoxious puerto ricans.maybe the other states don't have it as bad as jersey though,except for california and new mexico.lol

No need for the racist comments. My wife is half Puerto Rican which makes my children Puerto Rican too. We also have family in NJ. So to me this means you are directly insulting my family and I do not take too kindly to that. I suggest you read the forum rules as well since racist comments are not supposed to be tolerated. If this was my site you would be banned. I also understand you are only 14 so you are still a bit immature but you may want to refrain from making racist statements in the future.

Pappy
01-10-2007, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by YannGumbo
Are you french??
Do you know where the UK is??? they speak ENGLISH... you should follow a little bit more in class when you teachers talks... :macho

LMAO!

mxdad, all our families immigrated here at some point, if he aint an indian, he is a mutt right along with the rest of us:D

Quad18star
01-10-2007, 08:29 AM

Is it true that you canadian only get 2 weeks paid holidays a year?

Louis

Yup 2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of full-time work .

Most companies offer a lot more than the 2 weeks though . My dad after 20 years of working with a mining company had 6 weeks paid vacation , at 30 years ( when he retired) he could have had 8 weeks paid . :)

nosliw
01-10-2007, 08:37 AM
we have enough people in here.

you can only come if you promise to ship a few (hundred) mexicans back to the UK

sandmanblue
01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by mxdad
No need for the racist comments. My wife is half Puerto Rican which makes my children Puerto Rican too. We also have family in NJ. So to me this means you are directly insulting my family and I do not take too kindly to that. I suggest you read the forum rules as well since racist comments are not supposed to be tolerated. If this was my site you would be banned. I also understand you are only 14 so you are still a bit immature but you may want to refrain from making racist statements in the future.

Excuse me pal, if your kids were born here they are AMERICANS, not Puerto Rican....

That's what's wrong with people these days. Once one comes here and becomes a citizen or is born here, they are an American. Period. This whole idea that they are African-American, Puerto Rican-American, Pakistani-American... etc., etc., if just sickening and shows how little pride they have in actually being Americans...

Just because my parents came from Germany, does that make me German? No.... That's just f'ing stupid...

I am proud of my heritage and other people should be too, but since when is is acceptable for people born here, never been to another country, yet for some reason, they think they want to not be considered Americans?

I suppose if Louie immigrates here and becomes a citizen, he'll be an "English-American"??? Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

I really hope you are not teaching your kids that they are not 100% Americans, just because their mother wasn't born here.

While I don't agree with using race to classify ones behavior, I also do not agree that the race card needs to be played every time somebody says something nasty about a certain ethnic group. This whole notion that nobody can say anything that might offend (insert ethnic group here) is complete and total BS. What happened to free speech? Have we all become so sensitive that words hurt more than stones?

It would be a better idea to raise your kids by telling them that they are Americans and tell them they need a thick skin so that nobody can offend them - no matter what they say, rather than raise them to be all offended about any ignorant racial comment they hear.

I don't know if that's the case with you, but it sounds like it, otherwise you wouldn't defend them - nor be offended in the first place.

And I'm glad this isn't your site. The last thing we need is a place where peope can't excercise the American Constitutional right of Freedom of Speech.

Seems like that right only applies to those that get offended by other people's ignorant comments... :mad:

Lastly, close your eyes. Only then, will you be color blind. Only then will you judge people by their actions, not their color...

krt400ex
01-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by YannGumbo
Are you french??

canadians (not all, but many) r french. duhhh

u could be french and be living anywhere. it was supposed to be just a joke....cool off pal

Quad18star
01-10-2007, 09:35 AM
LMAO!
mxdad, all our families immigrated here at some point, if he aint an indian, he is a mutt right along with the rest of us:D

Wanna talk about MUTT ... I have Native background , mixed with French and I live in Canada .... makes me a French Native Canadian :huh Just don't picture me as some toothless Indian eating whale blubber and poutine while saying Eh! all the time . :blah: I may eat poutine and say Eh! , but I'm not toothless and don't enjoy whale blubber . ;)

Pappy
01-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Wanna talk about MUTT ... I have Native background , mixed with French and I live in Canada .... makes me a French Native Canadian :huh Just don't picture me as some toothless Indian eating whale blubber and poutine while saying Eh! all the time . :blah: I may eat poutine and say Eh! , but I'm not toothless and don't enjoy whale blubber . ;)

i dont mess with Canadians, I may need somewhere to run from when we are finally taken over by South America:devil:

I figure I can hunt and fish with you, and sell shocks for Yann:cool:

Quad18star
01-10-2007, 09:45 AM
i dont mess with Canadians, I may need somewhere to run from when we are finally taken over by South America:devil:

I figure I can hunt and fish with you, and sell shocks for Yann:cool:

LOL .

" I like to Fish , I like to hunt , But most of all , I love the C... ( rhymes with hunt ;) ) " <----- Just picture some old french guy saying that ... cause that's who I heard it from for the first time when I was working at an ATV shop . I nearly died laughing !!!

While you're working your deal with Yann to sell shocks , maybe jump on his computer and check his emails ... I think my resume that I sent months ago got thrown in the Junk Mail . :macho

mxdad
01-10-2007, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
Excuse me pal, if your kids were born here they are AMERICANS, not Puerto Rican....

That's what's wrong with people these days. Once one comes here and becomes a citizen or is born here, they are an American. Period. This whole idea that they are African-American, Puerto Rican-American, Pakistani-American... etc., etc., if just sickening and shows how little pride they have in actually being Americans...

Just because my parents came from Germany, does that make me German? No.... That's just f'ing stupid...

I am proud of my heritage and other people should be too, but since when is is acceptable for people born here, never been to another country, yet for some reason, they think they want to not be considered Americans?

I suppose if Louie immigrates here and becomes a citizen, he'll be an "English-American"??? Sounds pretty stupid doesn't it?

I really hope you are not teaching your kids that they are not 100% Americans, just because their mother wasn't born here.

While I don't agree with using race to classify ones behavior, I also do not agree that the race card needs to be played every time somebody says something nasty about a certain ethnic group. This whole notion that nobody can say anything that might offend (insert ethnic group here) is complete and total BS. What happened to free speech? Have we all become so sensitive that words hurt more than stones?

It would be a better idea to raise your kids by telling them that they are Americans and tell them they need a thick skin so that nobody can offend them - no matter what they say, rather than raise them to be all offended about any ignorant racial comment they hear.

I don't know if that's the case with you, but it sounds like it, otherwise you wouldn't defend them - nor be offended in the first place.

And I'm glad this isn't your site. The last thing we need is a place where peope can't excercise the American Constitutional right of Freedom of Speech.

Seems like that right only applies to those that get offended by other people's ignorant comments... :mad:

Lastly, close your eyes. Only then, will you be color blind. Only then will you judge people by their actions, not their color...

First of all you do not know me or my children so please do not judge us. Yes my children were born here and if you ask them they will tell you they are 100% AMERICAN but they should also be proud of their families heritage which happens to be Puerto Rican (which in case you didn't realize is a US Territory). And please don't even try to talk to me about pride in our country. My kids buried their grandfather in August who was injured and later died from his wounds that he received in the Middle East defending the freedoms you are speaking of. And as a matter of fact I am native american if that matters to you too. My problem is with the generalization of all people of a certain nationality. Not all Puerto Ricans are ignorant or obnoxious as this kid stated. Yes some are but not ALL!!! Do you understand that??? It is these types of generalizing statements that cause these types of problems in the 1st place. The ironic thing is that this kid is showing his own ignorance by making these types of statements. So don't preach to me about being proud of our country or about playing a race card. And please do not ever try to talk to me about being color blind. You have no clue!!! Next time just keep your comments to yourself unless you know what the he!! you are talking about. We will all be better off.

DVXchic
01-10-2007, 10:20 AM
Come to Canada, they let anyone in here. and your health care is free even if you don't work for anyone.
I have an english (mother) and Scottish (father) backround. I think most of the canadians have england in there blood so you would not be looked down apon or judged in anyway.
We just love everyone Eh.:p

P.S riding here is great, lots of reforestrations and open land. some racing too

jcv400ex
01-10-2007, 10:32 AM
Not all Puerto Ricans are ignorant or obnoxious as this kid stated. Yes some are but not ALL!!! Do you understand that???

Yeah, but Most are! Glad we agree on that one!!

BTW, the Ravens Suck!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!! :macho

mxdad
01-10-2007, 10:56 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Yeah, but Most are! Glad we agree on that one!!

BTW, the Ravens Suck!

GO BEARS!!!!!!!! :macho

Da Bears ??? Are you kidding??? Did they beat anyone with a winning record all season long??? Oh yeah, they beat the Jets and Seattle...lol They are a joke!!!

Here are the teams they beat this season and their final records

Green Bay 8-8
Detroit 3-13
Minnesota 6-10
Seattle 9-7
Buffalo 7-9
Arizona 5-11
San Francisco 7-9
N.Y. Giants 8-8
N.Y. Jets 10-6
Minnesota 6-10
St. Louis 8-8
Tampa Bay 4-12
Detroit 3-13

They lost to
Miami 6-10
New England 12-4
Green Bay 8-8

Doesn't look too impressive to me???

Come talk to me in February when Baltimore is celebrating it's 2nd title this decade!!!
:blah: :macho :D

krt400ex
01-10-2007, 10:58 AM
ok, im a mutt.....

i got iriquos(SP?) indian in me, italian, swedish, german, umm...and alot more. i couldn't even count how many different backgrounds im from. it would take like 3 hands, and no missing fingers...lol

derekhonda
01-10-2007, 11:08 AM

Come talk to me in February when Baltimore is celebrating it's 2nd title this decade!!!
:blah: :macho :D

I'll come talk to you after the colts put a whoopin on ya this weekend :-)

sandmanblue
01-10-2007, 11:20 AM
And please do not ever try to talk to me about being color blind. You have no clue!!! Next time just keep your comments to yourself unless you know what the he!! you are talking about. We will all be better off.

Another example of how race is used to say what you want, but attempt to stifle other people's free speech. You want me to keep to myself, but feel you have the authority to say what you want because you have a DIFFERENT background.

Why don't you just be an American instead of a sub-division of an American?

Why do you (and so many other people) have to get SOOO insulted just because some idiot says something bad about your background?

I have never, for one instant, ever felt like I had to tell people to not bash Germans because of my parents being German. Why not? It's not like people have nothing bad to say about them. Kraut, Nazi, blah, blah, blah... Whatever... I don't care. Unlike some panzy arse people out there, I can't be hurt by words. especially considering the source.

But the main reason I don't get offended is that I AM NOT GERMAN! Just like you and your kids not being anything other than American.

BTW - being color blind is a lot more than you think.

It's about forgetting what color YOU are first.

You haven't learned that yet.

mxdad
01-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by derekhonda
I'll come talk to you after the colts put a whoopin on ya this weekend :-)

Speaking of the Colts...

I just got this on my email

Peyton Manning, after living a full life, died. When he got to heaven, God was showing him around. They came to a modest little house with a faded Colts flag in the window. "This house is yours for eternity, Peyton," said God. "This is very special; not everyone gets a house up here."

Peyton felt special, indeed, and walked up to his house. On his way up the porch, he noticed another house just around the corner. It was a 3-story mansion with a purple and black sidewalk, a 50 foot tall flagpole with an enormous Ravens logo flag, and in every window, a Baltimore Ravens towel.

Peyton looked at God and said "God, I'm not trying to be ungrateful, but I have a ! question. I was an all-pro QB, I hold many NFL records, and I even went to the Hall of Fame."

God said "So what's your point Peyton?"

"Well, why does Ray Lewis get a better house than me?"

God chuckled, and said "Peyton, that's not Ray's house, it's mine."

GO RAVENS !

krt400ex
01-10-2007, 11:32 AM
ravens suck

mxdad
01-10-2007, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by sandmanblue
Another example of how race is used to say what you want, but attempt to stifle other people's free speech. You want me to keep to myself, but feel you have the authority to say what you want because you have a DIFFERENT background.

Why don't you just be an American instead of a sub-division of an American?

Why do you (and so many other people) have to get SOOO insulted just because some idiot says something bad about your background?

I have never, for one instant, ever felt like I had to tell people to not bash Germans because of my parents being German. Why not? It's not like people have nothing bad to say about them. Kraut, Nazi, blah, blah, blah... Whatever... I don't care. Unlike some panzy arse people out there, I can't be hurt by words. especially considering the source.

But the main reason I don't get offended is that I AM NOT GERMAN! Just like you and your kids not being anything other than American.

BTW - being color blind is a lot more than you think.

It's about forgetting what color YOU are first.

You haven't learned that yet.

Thanks for enlightening me!!! Because of your wisdom I can lead a happy life now...lol

Man shut up and leave me alone. You preach freedom of speech but you don't want me not to say what is on my mind. Just like you, AS AN AMERICAN, I can say whater the he!! I want including telling some punk kid to not be a freaking racist and telling you to mind your own f'ing business when you do not know what you are talking about. That is my given right as an American along with calling myself or my family whatever the he!! I want. Get it??? You are preaching a lot of crap but at the same time you are trying to tell me how to talk and think??? WTF??? Get over yourself!!! I am glad you are proud to be an American as I am too. But I am also FREE to teach my children about their heritage and not try to supress their background.

Colorblind???

Let me see...
I am native american (among a few other things)
I was raised in a poor very racially mixed neighborhood
I am married to a hispanic
My best friend is a black
Several of my other friends are black, korean, mexican, puerto rican, etc...
The god parents to 3 of my 4 kids are either black or hispanic

It is easy to talk $hit about being colorblind but in my world it isn't even a thought. I live colorblind everyday and not just with my words but with my actions. So please get off of your high horse and stop preaching your crap to me. My children are not going to be taught that it is ok to insult others, they will be taught to respect all people no matter where they came from. So instead of trying to tell me to teach them to have tough skin, why not try to teach them to respect everyone even if they are different?

mxdad
01-10-2007, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
RAVENS RULE!!!

Now you're talking!!!

:D :D :D

Pappy
01-10-2007, 12:10 PM
the browns are still a team:confused:

mxdad
01-10-2007, 12:12 PM

:D :D :D

300exOH
01-10-2007, 12:21 PM

They weren't this year anyhow... at least we beat Oakland for last place in the NFL.:ermm:

I still hate the Ravens though...

loueye
01-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by 300exOH
They weren't this year anyhow... at least we beat Oakland for last place in the NFL.:ermm:

I still hate the Ravens though...

What is all this american football about anywhere.......................................... ....................... one tackle and they have a 5 minute rest:rolleyes:

What you want is some good old fashioned rugby, now there's a mans game.:ermm:

Pappy
01-10-2007, 12:42 PM
What is all this american football about anywhere.......................................... ....................... one tackle and they have a 5 minute rest:rolleyes:

you might want to stay on that side of the pond

300exOH
01-10-2007, 12:52 PM

He he... you mean one tackle and they're out for the season...if it's a browns player anyhow. lol

I agree rugby is one tough sport.:macho

Getting back to the subject... It's up to you if you want to immigrate to the states but you will find many of the same issues here as you have in England. We are lucky to have some great places to ride though but many of the eco freaks are trying to get those areas shut down too. We have many problems with poverty, racism, etc.. just like any other part of the world. I'm not sure Montana or Utah would be my first choice of places to live in the US either. Not nearly as many jobs as there are on the east or west coast. There are some great opportunities in the US if you are educated. Since you are an electrician you might even consider the New Orleans, Louisiana area since there is plenty of rebuilding left to be done.

fatkid400
01-10-2007, 05:24 PM

nope just pretending:D

Also i'm part Irish and part Scottish 1 part likes to drink and the other part is to cheap to pay for it.:D

01-10-2007, 05:38 PM
I dont know about the other parts of the country... But if your an electrician, move to Bergen County NJ. The electricians, plumbers, builders etc get so much money, its retarded. But that riding is not great unless you race.

nosliw
01-10-2007, 06:09 PM

i'll give you that one. i've played and it's hardcore.

PolarisRider06
01-10-2007, 07:42 PM
fargo/west fargo North Dakota is always getting bigger and theres a decent riding/racing scene in the area but theres barely any trees and not much for hills.

i saw a lot of signs along I-29 for summit South dakota, sounds like its growing but no clue where it is or anything. it said to go to visitsummitsd.com or something like that to check stuff out.

veil (sp?) colorado is getting huge they are building nonstop and they just opened up another valley right by there for development i guess. my dad has hauled tons of building material out there with his trucking company.

Minneapolis/St. Paul area of MN is growing really fast, and so is the St. Cloud area but i want to say there was a ban somewhere down there on riding 4-wheelers in the ditches but there are a crapload of big tracks in the area.

thats some ideas, shouldn't be hard to find land in any of those areas (probably a good idea to live in/by a small town near a larger town if you want to ride quads) and with all the building thats going on in them there are definately jobs for an electrician

Ralph
01-10-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by nofearrider1
I dont know about the other parts of the country... But if your an electrician, move to Bergen County NJ. The electricians, plumbers, builders etc get so much money, its retarded. But that riding is not great unless you race.

Representing Mahwah, Bergen County!

I know a guy who is an electrician of some sort in my town. He lives in a house worth prob like 1.5 mil.

I dunno if hes real an electrician though. i think hes in the mob.

mole97
01-10-2007, 08:06 PM
1.5 million isn't alot of money in new york for a house anymore?! I mean I can't afford that,but in my area that's basically the going rate...Shoot theres a house for sale on a lake in my neighborhood and it's going for 2 mill and the TAXES are $43,000 a YEAR!!! NEW York taxes are INSANE!!!! AND we have closing costs unlike any state in the country...I just paid over 20,000 in CLOSING COSTS!!!!! Go figure!!!

Joe400ex
01-10-2007, 08:28 PM

U can say that again.:ermm: