PDA

View Full Version : What should I do next?

TrapZ400
01-09-2007, 02:26 PM
What should I put on my z next?
All of the mods that are on it now are in my sig.

Holsh
01-09-2007, 02:33 PM
get a pipe and set of cams:D thats what I would do. or get some skid plates

TrapZ400
01-09-2007, 02:35 PM
Should I get a slip on or a full exhaust?

drzoo2
01-09-2007, 02:36 PM
At the very least open the air box and rejet! You can go cheap and just remove it. Go to the speed shop and jump your main up to a 155-165. Easy mod and you won't be disappointed. If you encounter a lot of dirt and fine debris were you ride by the K&N power lid. This comes with the required jets. Then a full exhaust.

z

TrapZ400
01-09-2007, 02:52 PM
With a slip on would I have to re jet or anything like that or do I just bolt it on and ride? Im kinda low on money and the slip ons are cheaper than the full systems. Do the slip ons give it a pretty good power gain over stock?

drzoo2
01-09-2007, 03:04 PM
I think most will tell you that a full system is the way to go. If you get a slip on make sure you get one you can add the header later. Rejetting can be a pain but your pretty much going to have to do it in order to add power. More air with air box and exhaust mods will require more fuel to go with it.

z

TrapZ400
01-09-2007, 03:16 PM
Im kinda thinking about getting the full system now. I now how to bolt on the pipe and all but I have no clue on how to do any other stuff. Can you give me steps on how to get my quad ready to ride after I bolt the pipe on? Thanks, I really appreciate your help.

smoothie
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
i would jsut go with a slip on. thats what i did and it's well worth the money. from what i have read and seen myself a full system doesn't give you THAT much more over just a slip on. but yes you will get more performance out of a full system since it was made to work together(the head pipe and the can)

swapping jets isn't too bad. it's just kind of tricky especially on a z. when i did it i had to remove some of the intake, i can't remember if i removed the box, but i doubt it cuz i remember it was being a pain. then the rear plastic had to come off and then the carb. i just tilted it as much as a possibly could to get to the float bowl without having to take the carb completely out. then there are 4 screws that hold the float bowl to the carb(get new ones before doing this!!!!!) take it off then you will se you main jet right in the middle. take the old one out, put new one in and your done basicly. now your first shot at it you might not get the proper jetting you want so you might have to do this again with a different size jet to get your fuel mixture just right.

good luck:p

drzoo2
01-09-2007, 04:05 PM
Are you a member over at z400central? There is a wealth of info on jetting, pipes and such.

TrapZ400
01-09-2007, 05:20 PM
yeah im a member over there