PDA

View Full Version : is this true?

slo250
01-09-2007, 03:40 AM
i am looking to get a yfz450, 700 or banshee.
when i was at the dealer he told me that the reason
they stopped making the banshee is that yamaha
had alot of 350 2 stroke stockpiled and wanted to get rid of. so yamaha made the banshee to get rid of all the extra engines. and now they have ran out. and that why they stopped making them. so if i get a shee if it ever gets down to relplacing the engine will there be parts?

banshee84
01-09-2007, 09:19 AM
LOL! Well thay did make the bike for 20+ years, and they are still selling new ones outside of the U.S. It has to be among the top 3 best selling atvs of all time. Of course there will always be parts. They stopped selling it because it is a 2-stroke and it pollutes more than a 4-stroke.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
NOT TRUE!!!

like banshee84 said, they r still selling them outside the US.

the reason why is because of ur EPA standards. there is no way for yamaha to keep costs low and keep the bike within EPA guidelines. it can be done, but it would be waayyyy too expensive and not economical to yamahahahahahahaha or the consumer

TWILES
01-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Actually the reason they don't sell it in the US anymore is because there is no noncompetition 2-stroke alowed to be sold in the US. Notice the Blaster and KDX200 are gone too. My wife works at a Yamaha/Suzuki dealership. I guess you could say that they are " Red Sticker " units as of 2007. All the " Red Sticker " units are supposed to be listed as competition only like the YZ's. 2007 is supposed to be the last year for them.

250r4life
01-09-2007, 11:15 PM
i would venture to say that there are more banshees that have been sold then any other quad...

01-10-2007, 05:09 AM
acctually i would say the highest sold quad would probally be a blaster...but the banshee would be the highest selling high performance ATV

But honestly...who HASNT owned a blaster at sometime or another? you get alot for your money

krt400ex
01-10-2007, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Honda86
acctually i would say the highest sold quad would probally be a blaster...but the banshee would be the highest selling high performance ATV

But honestly...who HASNT owned a blaster at sometime or another? you get alot for your money

i haven't :D

250r4life
01-10-2007, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Honda86

i dont know about that...
i have never owned a blaster... i dont think i have even ridden a blaster... i rebuilt one about 2 months ago...

there were other smaller quads that people could purchase instead of the blaster. for many years the banshee was pretty much all there was to buy..

iamjasyn
01-10-2007, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by TWILES
Actually the reason they don't sell it in the US anymore is because there is no noncompetition 2-stroke alowed to be sold in the US. Notice the Blaster and KDX200 are gone too. My wife works at a Yamaha/Suzuki dealership. I guess you could say that they are " Red Sticker " units as of 2007. All the " Red Sticker " units are supposed to be listed as competition only like the YZ's. 2007 is supposed to be the last year for them.

Well sorta, I think. Red stickers in California anyway are for production years 2003 and later.

2006 was an epa cutoff established some years ago for manufacturers. There are at least a couple more in front of us for ATV's and offroad motorcycles. The next one is going to make it illegal to buy the 4strokes we have now too. You're going to need fuel injection to meet the NEXT pollution deadline apparently. You might be surprised to know that even some 4strokes are red stickered.

So, it's not that non-competition 2stroke ATV's can't be sold, it's just that manufacturers are deciding not to because of the gnat's a*s tight emissions standards. Honda has been prepping for the move away from non-competition 2strokes since like 97 or something.

How many of you remember legal 2stroke street bikes in the US? Gone. EPA has moved on to offroad now. Next thing will be ity bity weedwhackers I bet, meanwhile the smog index in LA (where no one obviously is trail riding), gets so large, the hills right in front of you at times have an orange haze. So blah, blah... we're basically going to ride what they tell us to. What irks me about the hobby I've enjoyed off and on since I was a kid is these years lately manufacturers have been smart enough to figure out a way for consumers to line up to pay for THEIR problem of increased manufacturing overhead of tightening emissions standards. They're geniuses by comparison if we're morons. That's why I laugh at 450 owners and their maintenance problems. Oh you want to ride what our sponsored riders are winning on? Well this year spread em for FI if you want the new "improved" quad! Bling bling!

banshee96
01-11-2007, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by slo250
i am looking to get a yfz450, 700 or banshee.
when i was at the dealer he told me that the reason
they stopped making the banshee is that yamaha
had alot of 350 2 stroke stockpiled and wanted to get rid of. so yamaha made the banshee to get rid of all the extra engines. and now they have ran out. and that why they stopped making them. so if i get a shee if it ever gets down to relplacing the engine will there be parts? Thats wrong they stopped making them because 2 strokes are now banned .

krt400ex
01-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by banshee96
Thats wrong they stopped making them because 2 strokes are now banned .

if they were banned, then why r they still making race bikes in 2008? and why r there so many minis that r 2 strokes?

iamjasyn
01-12-2007, 10:12 AM
This information is not hard to find guys.

450rJam
01-12-2007, 06:22 PM
I never had a blaster either,