PDA

View Full Version : BALL Joint seperators

lumi
01-08-2007, 07:21 PM
alright guys what kinda ball joint sperators do u guys use!!

im looking for one to buy but i dunnno which one.

-lumi

01-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Big hammer on the spindle.

rlplive
01-08-2007, 08:04 PM
i just used the one that looked like a 2 prong fork. it did screw up th stock ball joint boot but my stock a arms were bent so it was no big

lumi
01-08-2007, 08:38 PM
yea i was gonna go with a tool but now i think of it i wak the stuff out of my blaster ball joint and they popped out im not using them no more :)

let me add to another question now that this one is done... how do u guys go about getting the bearing out of the a-arms? there the pivot joint than the seal than the 2 stopper rings and bearing... after removal of all this do u knock the bearings out?
or use a special tool..

thanks

Ty's400
01-08-2007, 08:41 PM
I've found that using a heavy duty work bench vise works good for popping ball joints out of spindles as well as bearings.

Martin Blair
01-08-2007, 08:58 PM
I use a socket a hex head bolt and a nut, its like the seperator honda sells that you unscrew and it forces them out of the spindle, but I made it out of things that were laying on my garage floor, works great, never had any problems getting them apart

MAD450r
01-09-2007, 09:32 AM
I pull the cotter pins flip the crown nut over and then put my socket over the upper balljoint nut then slide the spacer between the socket and the flipped crown nut. I then unscrew the crown nut forcing the balljoint out. then put the socket on the bottom half the spindle and flip the upper balljoints crown nut and then you put the spacer and socket in place and unscrew the flipped crown nut and your done with this side :)

if you posted this last week I could have taken pics of my doing it to show how easy it is and nothing get wrecked or beat on this way.