PDA

View Full Version : Rear brakes

kuke
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
Is there any hydralic rear brakes that will bolt up to a blaster or some that come close enough that i can do some cutting and welding. I dont want to buy the conversions kit though.

blasterfreak99
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
blasterheavyb is trying to sell a caliper and brake lines for the blaster you would have to get a master cylinder for it though. i tjink he is selling it for 90+ shipping

headache
01-09-2007, 11:46 AM
do you have any buddies with sportbike parts? I used a front caliper from a 1994 Cbr600f2, the rear master cylinder,resivroir, and brake line from the same bike. Then i made a couple brackets and done a little welding, then presto, i have awesome hydraulic back brakes!! Heck you could use warrior or banshee back brake setups with just making a couple brackets, you just have to get creative.

kuke
01-09-2007, 04:08 PM
Ok thanks

mobileblaster
01-10-2007, 02:48 PM
honestly you can rig a blaster all day long but I finally saved up and bought a set from blasterzone.com off ebay. I had to wait a few weeks due to there slow shipping but this system works awsome, looks good as well.

blaster99
01-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by mobileblaster
honestly you can rig a blaster all day long but I finally saved up and bought a set from blasterzone.com off ebay. I had to wait a few weeks due to there slow shipping but this system works awsome, looks good as well.

hmm i got the blasterzone GO-KART breaks too... they dont work at all.. so i raaced a full season without breaks... and yes, there parts from a go kart racing magazine and i had almsot the same exact set up on my go kart when i raced one..

88blaster
01-26-2007, 07:39 PM
if you want to put the time in and you can weld, you could pick up an old brake setup off of a street bike. I welded a bracket to the frame above the footpeg and mounted a master cylinder, mine is premix, so I mounted the resevior where the oil fill was originally. then I made a bracket out of flat bar to hold the caliper, it was free and stops alot better than a stock one

kuke
01-30-2007, 07:52 PM
ok i think thats what i am going to do. i have a welder and i can get the sportbike brakes easily.

Thanks

mobileblaster
01-31-2007, 10:36 AM
Don't know where he went wrong. Mine work and stop as good as the ones on my 450