PDA

View Full Version : Chopped wiring harness?

rollie
01-08-2007, 05:09 PM
Is there anywhere i coud find a chopped wiring harness for an 04 YFZ that doesnt have any hook ups for the lighst or tail lights?? reason is my buddys 04 YFZ cannot hold a charge, hes got the resistor kit and the headlights and taillight removed but he's gone through like 5 batterys, if this isnt avalible is it possible to take a harness from an 06, chop the headlight/brake light wires off, and not have any problems?? or is the only way to solve this problem a kicker kit?

quadracer707
01-08-2007, 08:53 PM
Give Kevin at Lost Creek Cycles A phone call, He is going to do mine this week, amazing how much he replaces.Just so you know he is not just a fly by night he sponsors Jason Dunkleburger.Kevin was also featured last year in a magizine about his wire harness.. Phone # 717-463-9173 please tell him wade told you Thanx WADE

rollie
01-09-2007, 12:40 PM
Yeah im familar with LCC, any more info on it?? can you still use the battery?? thanks

quadracer707
01-09-2007, 02:15 PM
yes, everything will be the same, but better, no more dead batteries. Well worth the investment. They are closed Tuesdays, Iam going there Wednesday.

quadracer707
01-10-2007, 08:08 PM
After LCC taking a look at my wire harness, & seeing it had a couple of wires near splicing, &getting an estimate On fixing used one I decided to get Kevins NEW complete wire harness, more than i wanted to spend, but what it would ost to fix & repair old sometimes spending good money on something new is worth the fustration. Thanx Kevin