PDA

View Full Version : dirt bike start button

worr0forr
01-08-2007, 03:28 PM
my electical is all messed up right now, my starter button doesnt work, so i need to cross the solenoid everytime i start it...i also want to take that whole switch assembly off and just use a dirtbike start button. i have aftermarket foglights that used to work on it, so how do i wire these and just the start button?

ImplodedMindZ
01-08-2007, 03:39 PM
When you look for a dirtbike kill switch find one that has 2 wires commin out of it, not one that grounds out to the handlebars or w/e. Once you take the light/kill/start box apart just connect the 2 wires from the start switch two the 2 wires on the dirtbike kill switch and your done.

The stock kill switch wires have to be all taped off seperately and non of them connected. Im not goin into the light wireing b/c i dont remember how i did that. I used a test light alot and my tail light still didnt work when i was done. lol.

ImplodedMindZ
01-08-2007, 03:45 PM
Had to search a lil but found my old thread about removing my switch cluster, hope it helps.
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262238

kamikaze-rider
01-08-2007, 11:50 PM
i tried using a honda cr style kill switch for my starter and it worked a few times but after that it shorted out thers not enough of a contact area to use it i'm going to try another style of button and see what happens but i'm really bummed out because it looks real nice and clean has anybody else had any luck and what type of button did you use?

79400ex
01-09-2007, 11:47 AM
I use a cr 125 or cr 250 kill switch for a starter buttom all the time. I also have used a kaw kill switch also. The one I get are made by Moose.

kamikaze-rider
01-14-2007, 09:00 PM
i tried a kx style button and it works great doesnt look as nice but still an improvement over the stock cluster

johnsls
01-15-2007, 09:00 AM
I think the best button to use is the one thats on the yamaha's
I went to a local dealer and told them I wanted the same one thats mounted on the dirt bikes... He sold me an aftermarket one that was a little cheaper than the Yamaha brand.

Its sealed up nice and wont fall apart. And its two wires.