PDA

View Full Version : Sold a guy stuff troubles what do you think

1shooter
01-08-2007, 01:04 PM
I sold a guy a brand new set of ams rims and a set of turf tamer tires.

$75 shipped

Shipping was $30

so i made a whooping $45

Turns out the tires a junk and won't hold air.

He wants $35 back.

That leaves me with $10 for the rims and tires.

I offered to give him back $20

He is not having it.

He wants me to chaulk it all up and give him $35

Really i am about done with the dude.

He is threating me with credit card charge backs ect ect.

He dont want to talk anymore he wants action now

he mounted the tires and now pissed they dont hold air.

Obviously he thought they would hold air or he wouldn't of put them on.

I thought they would hold air.

Every one knows a brand new set of rims cost a bit more than $10

I told him he can tube the tires.

What the hell would you do?

What do you think is fair.

01-08-2007, 01:06 PM
give him back his money before he calls the credit card company

1shooter
01-08-2007, 01:14 PM
Post up what you think please!

400exrider707
01-08-2007, 01:27 PM
Wait you sold him a brand new set of rims as well as some tires and hes complaining that they dont hold air? For that price I would tell him to be thankful. Thats a good deal. Is this some kid we're talking about here or someone who knows what they're doing. Are you sure the tires are even mounted correctly?

rooster300ex
01-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Just send him 20 bucks and forget about it. He should just tube them. And quit acting like that. He got a good good deal.

1shooter
01-08-2007, 01:30 PM
i dont know

He is now trying to seperate the deals in two deals

and wants $30 back

1shooter
01-08-2007, 01:33 PM
I told him this thread existed and asked him to share his thoughts. Lets see what he does.

rneal
01-08-2007, 01:55 PM
Who mounted the tires? Maybe he damaged the bead and wants you to compensate for his mistake.....

What was the condition of the rims and of the tires?

Did you offer a warranty of sell as-is?

Was your description of the items accurate?

ndoan
01-08-2007, 01:56 PM
I'm the buyer in question, and let me give the full facts:

I posted a WTB thread for set of rims and tires of a certain size.

I get a PM from Seller for various tires and rims that he claimed were that size. After an intial mistake by Seller regarding tire size for some Holeshots (which he was very upfront about and I in turn was very understanding), he shipped me the rims and tires.

Problems:

1) I asked before doing the deal about the tires holding air. Seller responded, "They hold air just fine." The tires I got are dry rotted and go flat in less than a day. The cracks are very apparent and there was even some sealant smeared on the sidewalls as if in attempt to lessen the leak.

2) I was clear in my WTB thread what tire size I needed. Seller sent me a link that had a picture of the tires labeled with the size I was looking for (18x10x8). The tires he sent are 18x11x8. I was already going wider than stock with 10's, I don't want 11's, and I don't know if they would fit.

3) Seller advertised the rims as "brand new." There are clear nut marks on the bolt holes and numerous nicks/dings/scratches.

My proposed solution:

I will accept the rims for the price that Seller had originally offered for just the rims shipped ($45). I want a refund of the $30 over and above that I paid for the tires, since they are worthless.

Seller claims that is unfair, and I don't see how. Why shouldn't a seller be made to stand behind his claims on the pivotal characteristics on what he sells. Correct size and holding air are crucial items for tires. Why should I have to pay anything to help offset his shipping of the junk tires? I haven't asked him to pay me the money I wasted/will waste having the tires mounted and now having them taken off.

Bottom line is, I couldn't have known the true condition of the tires, and he SHOULD have, if he's offering them for sale and making claims about them.

1shooter
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
Refunded $30

Don't deal with this dick. Freakin kid's games.

$75 for tires shipped to your fing door brand new rims.

Nope the tires were not pefect but you sure thought they held air just fing like me.

I flipping hate dealing with whinny people.

sly400ex
01-08-2007, 02:20 PM
This is my take.

This all fictional, but I just want to make an example.

If someone told me they were going to sell me a mint 4 wheeler for a $1000, I would it expect it to be mint.

Now if I got it and say it needed a few new parts to truely be mint, even though I got an awesome price on it, the seller was not being completely truthful about the deal and I would be pissed.

Point is, this guy didn't get what he was being told. He has a right to be upset.

1shooter
01-08-2007, 02:26 PM
i thought the tires would hold air so did he or he would of never mounted them

When you buy used stuff there is a certain amount or knowlege to know its used.

I did not have what he wanted the first time. I refunded him his money.

He wanted a new deal.

What do you know its all done he wants more money.

ndoan
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
I wouldn't want anyone to deal with me the way you have.

I've sold stuff before plenty of times, and I believe in describing my stuff accurately. That's MY obligation as a seller, and if I ever get it wrong, it's totally on me.

Any sellers out there that don't believe the same, I wouldn't want to deal with them anyway.

TheFontMaster
01-08-2007, 02:33 PM
It sounds like the seller sold these rims and tires without knowing the cost of shipping before hand. Having sold and bought plenty of parts from this site, and ebay, shipping is a very important cost to know before hand. So that when I sell a part, I get the actual price I want for that part. And when I buy parts, I make sure that the seller and me come to an agreement on an overall price, so he isn't pissed for losing money from shipping, and so that I'm not paying more than I wanted to for shipping.

In my opinion, the seller even even said he thought they held air, he obviously wasn't 100% sure. He also made the mistake of lying about the tire size. Secondly the seller said that he would sell the parts, and ship them for 75 dollars. It sounds like the seller didn't check shipping quotes before agreeing on a overall price.

1Shooter, if you ask me you owe the guy 30 bucks.

NPelletier
01-08-2007, 02:37 PM
$75 for brand new wheels(alluminum?) and a set of slightly worn tires(from what i here) and hes complaing the ties dont hold air, get ur head outa ur @$$, that was an awsome deal, theres notihng wrong with tube, he should deal, and u keep your money

1shooter
01-08-2007, 02:44 PM
They where steel not aluminium but still. I know

hes a freakin whinny a@@

ndoan
01-08-2007, 03:16 PM
This is for NPelletier, rooster300ex, and 400exrider707:

You guys focus on the angle that it was still a good deal.

Let's say you're hungry and go to your favorite burger joint. Burgers there are normally $4, and with fries and drink it's $7. That day there's a special on the full combo for $3.50. You order it, but when it comes out the burger isn't quite right and there is no drink or fries. You complain to your server, and you're told that, hey, live with it, it's a good deal. Don't tell me that you wouldn't raise cain until you GOT WHAT YOU BARGAINED FOR. That's the point. Not whether it's still a good deal. Not whether you can go next door, pop 50 cents into the coke machine and get a drink. Not whether you can stop at a fast food place and get value fries for a buck. If you would sit there and contentedly chew your $3.50 burger with no fries and no drink, then I'm sure there are alot of sellers that would like to make your acquaintance, starting with 1shooter.

1shooter
01-08-2007, 03:25 PM
Yeah dude but the fries and drink where there and the burger wasn't so good

THAT:S WHY IT WAS A SPECIAL COMBO

Did you really think you where going to get brand new tires too.

ndoan
01-08-2007, 03:32 PM
Okay fine, the fries and drink were there, but the burger wasn't so good. In fact, the meat patty tastes like it's gone bad. But hey, just put more ketchup on it and you'll be fine. After all, "it's still a good deal!"

I never expected the tires to be new. I expected them to hold air and be correctly sized, like you claimed.

1shooter
01-08-2007, 03:36 PM
Dude i gave you tire sizes on many different tires.

I sold three sets today in person. And every dude there said your a dick. Not to give you **** and drop dead

I hold up my end

you got tires and rims for nothing

the freakin rims cost $35 new apiece from chappell plus shipping

Look around and see some prices i gave you a good deal tried to be as honest as i can

and you stll talking ****.

PISS OFF

1shooter
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
OH YEAH AND REFUNDED YOU MONEY BECAUSE YOUR A PEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TheFontMaster
01-08-2007, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by 1shooter
OH YEAH AND REFUNDED YOU MONEY BECAUSE YOUR A PEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not trying to start anything, but it sounds like you are the one being the pest here. We heard your side of the deal, and also his. And it is your side of the deal that sounded shady. If you were in the buyers situation, I bet you would be doing the same thing he is now. You should have checked shipping prices, you should have known 100% weather the tires held air or not. YOU are the one that made mistakes on this deal, and YOU are the one that has to pay for them.

Learn from this mistake next time you go to sell parts.

ndoan
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
You gave me sizes on holeshots and turf tamers. You got both sizes wrong.

The three people that agreed with your assessment of me, I'm sure they know the full story because you fully and fairly tell my side of it as well, right?

I got rims for $45 shipped (your offered price) and tires for nothing. The tires are worth nothing.

I'm not talking trash, but I will defend myself. You're the one that has been calling me names and such. I've been assertive, but not offensive like you.

People can judge for themselves...

troutman561
01-08-2007, 03:48 PM
It appears to me the buyer is not in the wrong because he was told he was getting stuff of a certain size that was in "new" condition. Now yes its a good deal, but if I was told something was in new condition and I got dinged rims and dry-rotted tires, I would be upset because I was told they were in new condition, idc if I got them for $5. Your supposed to get what was described. Also, complaining about it to people in person to whom you are selling stuff to clearly is immature because it is not their business and it shows that you yourself are immature.

To settle this it would be helpful if the buyer took a picture of the rims and tires in question so we can see for ourselves if they are truely dinged and dry rotted....

300exPat
01-08-2007, 04:16 PM
if he keeps complaining, just have him send back the rims and refund him, you can sell them for a lot more anyway

1shooter
01-08-2007, 04:19 PM
i fefunded him the money

The rims where never mounted when he got them

He mounted the tires (he obviously thought they where good)

dings in the rims there brand new for heavens sake don't take em off road.

They where metal rims with minor imperfections looks like it was more caused in the casting than anything they are just some ams metal rims.

AtvMxRider
01-08-2007, 04:25 PM
It seems to me the buyer has every right to be pissed off. $75 for steel rims and dry rotted tires seems like a rip off to me. How can you look at a tire and say it's going to hold air???? You can't.

ndoan
01-08-2007, 04:40 PM
Who's still complaining? I've received the refund that I asked for. I'm merely responding to 1shooter's posts trying to make me seem like a bad guy for pressing my rights vigorously.

For 300exPat (and others that think the rims should sell for more), I now have a set of 8x8.5 AMS rims for sale (since I'm probably going to buy a rim/tire combo instead of just tires because they're cheaper that way, and I want to make sure the tires fit on the rims). They've been mounted before, but they are in excellent condition with some cosmetic nicks (nothing that would affect their functionality). Any takers?

1shooter
01-08-2007, 04:42 PM
Yeah i made $15 on a set of new rims and tires

Suppose i should look around for some of those value meals

JJE02EX
01-08-2007, 04:54 PM
hey if your not happy with the rims and tires ill buy them for that price ?????

redryder300
01-08-2007, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by troutman561
It appears to me the buyer is not in the wrong because he was told he was getting stuff of a certain size that was in "new" condition. Now yes its a good deal, but if I was told something was in new condition and I got dinged rims and dry-rotted tires, I would be upset because I was told they were in new condition, idc if I got them for $5. Your supposed to get what was described. Also, complaining about it to people in person to whom you are selling stuff to clearly is immature because it is not their business and it shows that you yourself are immature.

To settle this it would be helpful if the buyer took a picture of the rims and tires in question so we can see for ourselves if they are truely dinged and dry rotted....

I totally agree!!

northwest Texas
01-08-2007, 09:13 PM
I didn't read through all the posts but to me it seems that the only appropriate thing to do since the buyer is unsatisfied to to send the tires and wheels back to the seller and then the seller should refund the money.

The buyer bought it as a set, not separate. Don't change the rules because the tires are 11 inches wide instead of the 10 inch that you want and will struggle to find.

If you're truly that upset over the tires then you wouldn't have any problem returning the whole set.

Raptor68
01-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
If you're truly that upset over the tires then you wouldn't have any problem returning the whole set.

I agree...since neither of you seem happy with the deal...just return the wheels and tires and let the seller try to sell them again.

1shooter
01-09-2007, 07:21 AM
shipping both ways would be $60

the tires shipped where $75

I allready refunded hiim his money

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 07:32 AM
personally, from reading both sides of the story, the buyer is in the right...and he is holding himself very composed. the seller is getting defesive and calling names...this is usually a tell tale sign that the seller is in the wrong...otherwise he would have no need to get defensive and upset.

does the buyer want to post pics of the chitty tires and rims? plz do so this is not just a stupid arguement between 2 ppl and a bunch of guys accross the contry that hardly kno the deal or wut has been goin on....

1shooter
01-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Well when someone starts threatiing me with the idea of calling credit cards and waht not of course i would be on the defensive.
To say that i am not in the wrong of course i am. isold a set of bad tires. I offered to give him what i thought was fair and let him have the tires and rims for $55 shipped instead he got the brand new rims and old tires with great tread for $45 shipped.

In emails he told me he was done talking to me and wanted a answer what i was going to do.

After reviewing the fact that i am arguing over practically no money at all i caved in.

Yeah i always call names, if someone is being kinda of crazy about something in my opinion. (obviously its not just mine and its not just his)

There is a large enough group to back both sides so i suppose i didnt do the wrong thing by refunding him THE ENTIRE AMOUNT FOR THE TIRES AND EAT THE COST OF SHIPPING.

On the other hand you could see how i would get upset about it.
I lost money on the deal plain and simple. I was giving him one heck of a good price becuase it was not excatly what he wanted.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 07:55 AM
i still wanna see pics of the tires

honda350r
01-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Moral of the story... don't buy from 1shooter !

1shooter
01-09-2007, 08:17 AM
really i sold s ahit load of people good stuff and at the end of the deal he is happy

hmm Don't buy from a guy that makes it right even if it costs me money to make it right.

That's the moral of the story.

northwest Texas
01-09-2007, 08:18 AM
Maybe I'm wrong but the buyer got what he wanted, freebies. Based on what the seller stated he was threatened with leads me to that conclusion. If he has any integrity, he will send the parts back in the same condition he got them. If he keeps the tires/wheels after getting his money back will prove that. Lets see if he has integrity and do the right thing.

I've seen plenty of dry rot tires hold air. Lord knows I've used some beyond service on farm equipment. Many times the valve core is to blame. Sometimes it just needs replaced or it could be the valve stem leaking around the wheel. I've had this problem on brand new ones, cores and stems. It's not that uncommon. Most likely it is the bead and sometimes all the tire needs is some loosening as the rubber has become a little stiff over time. I've seen tires quit leaking around the bead after they've been run for a while.

1shooter
01-09-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks northwest texas

Man i am not trying to rip nobody off

He asked if they held air i said more or less not sure what i excatly said but

I think so.

They where unmounted used tires, if you buy a used tire froma used tire store sometimes they re junk.

I gave him back money on something that is a $10 fix and buy some tubes.

The guy got offered all kinds of stuff and he didnt want to spend much money. He didn't was brand new tires or he would of bought em. i gave him new rims.

If anyone doesn't trust me after this transaction don't buy from me. I can't convince you i am honest.

I STARTED THIS POST TO GET OPINIONS ON WHAT TO DO

I gave the guy money back based on the fact the opinions swayed hard from person to person.

And as far as pics i have the pics i sent him not sure how to upload them.

Like i said obvisously he thought they would hold air or he would not of mounted them.

He is a couple of tubes away from having the CHEAPEST TIRES HE WILL EVER BUY>

BUT DON"T TRUST ME I ONLY DID THE RIGHT THING

sly400ex
01-09-2007, 11:32 AM
Did you indeed price out the shipping before stating your final sale price?

You did the right thing by giving him his money back, because he did not get what he was told, regardless of what a great deal it was.

:o

1shooter
01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
yeah i figure i try to make things right

Ralph
01-09-2007, 11:33 AM
buyer got what he payed for. 45$ worth of tires and rims. Show me a place where you can buy 1 good tire for 45.

If your not willing to pay the price for new your gonna get your monies worth. I respect the seller for doing what he did and it seems like he really took the shaft on this one.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
buyer got what he payed for. 45$ worth of tires and rims. Show me a place where you can buy 1 good tire for 45.

If your not willing to pay the price for new your gonna get your monies worth. I respect the seller for doing what he did and it seems like he really took the shaft on this one. here (http://rockymountainatv.com)

trx450jason
01-09-2007, 02:29 PM
i didnt read all of these posts but im almost guarnteeing that the tires werent mounted properly so the bead is leaking air

Ralph
01-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by krt400ex
here (http://rockymountainatv.com)

the type of tires i buy are about 50 a piece. 45 will buy you a mediocre tire. this guy bought two tires and rims for 45. he payed the price of 1 new tire on 2 tires and rims. for that kind of money your expectations shouldnt be too high. thats the point i was trying to make.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
the type of tires i buy are about 50 a piece. 45 will buy you a mediocre tire. this guy bought two tires and rims for 45. he payed the price of 1 new tire on 2 tires and rims. for that kind of money your expectations shouldnt be too high. thats the point i was trying to make.

i kno wut ur point was...lol

im just telling it like it is....the turf tamers r less than $45 at the minimum

sly400ex
01-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Yeah, but the main point is he did not get what he was told!

Yes, he did get a good deal, but that's not the point. He did not receive what he was told by the seller.

It's more a point of principal than monetary.

1shooter
01-09-2007, 03:28 PM
He did get what he was told by the seller being me the seller.

Tires and rims. I thought they held air and so did the buyer.

Who was to know they leaked air a bit.

700bRad
01-09-2007, 03:33 PM
1shooter you made the mistake here. I would stop digging your hole deeper or youll never get out. Ya pissed the bed and now ya got to sleep in it. Your bad.

krt400ex
01-09-2007, 03:34 PM
he stated that u told him that the rims were brand new and so were the tires...

he go them and found that the rims were dinged and dented, and the tires were dry rotted...not at all new as advertised.

1shooter
01-09-2007, 03:38 PM
no the rims where new and tires used unmounted

Rims being banged and dented i have no freaking clue what he was talking about there. They where brand new.

Nothing was ever mounted on them. Stickers on outside and inside. Tires where used as he was aware.

The tires held air for a day then he said they where leaking i want my money back. He never used a tire sealant (i use on used tires and used rims) that is what happened he will not argue any of it.

480ex
01-09-2007, 03:41 PM
i would tell him to fuucckk himself :macho jmo

1shooter
01-09-2007, 03:43 PM
gve him $30 back

Rrider4life8
01-09-2007, 05:00 PM
turfs only come in 9 width or 11. you cant have 10 buddy.

x.system
01-09-2007, 05:17 PM
This reminds me of when I first started selling on ebay. I sold a rear fender for like $9.99 and listed the shipping at $20. The buyer paid right away so I boxed the fender up and took it to the post office ready to ship. usps rings me up and its $45 to ship the package. Do I send it or take it home and ask the buyer for more money for shipping? Its a no brainer, my mistake, I ate it. I shipped it out and paid the difference. I basically paid the winning bidder to take my rear fender. Moral of the story, stand behind your parts and your word.

1shooter, your thread started out good but once you start the name calling its all over. I think you did the right thing by giving him a refund. I wouldn't have a problem dealing with you knowing you would do the right thing. I think your buyer showed a little more maturity and held his ground firmly, I would try to do the same if I were in his position.

1shooter
01-09-2007, 05:29 PM
x.system

Tough call to do what you did really you did what you agreed too.

I stand behind my stuff. The name calling came in after i gave dude back some cash. Thing is i really thought they where good tires.

He mounted them up they held air for a day and went flat.

I refunded the guy money once before this he wanted some holeshots they where wrong rim size i just sent his money back.
i got together a set and shipped em out. He didnt want to pay to have any tires dismounted or mounted here the idea was sudjested..

I ate it. what else can i say.

I just don't like to be threatened. Specially seeing he got everything.

he didnt want to ship it all back unless i eat shipping twice.

no matter What i was gonig to be the one loosing in the deal as far as the buyer was concerned. No comprising and meet halfway.

Its was all the seller's fault.

We both looked at the tires and thought they would hold air

But i suppose it doesnt count for much

01-09-2007, 06:55 PM
Stop bein a winey Bit** and send the rims and tires back an send him his money back as well.

LTZ400rider
01-09-2007, 07:05 PM
i would of told him to to send the stuff back and u will refund the money. it was probaly his fault they didnt mount up he probaly ruined the tired trying to mount them

400exrider707
01-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by Rrider4life8
turfs only come in 9 width or 11. you cant have 10 buddy.

nope 9.5 and 11

After reading the entire post, I still dont think any of us can really know who was in the right or wrong. None of us besides the buyer and seller actually knows what the tires and or rims looked like. They settled the situation and thats that. Let it be...:rolleyes:

northwest Texas
01-10-2007, 08:12 PM
After reading the entire post, I still dont think any of us can really know who was in the right or wrong. None of us besides the buyer and seller actually knows what the tires and or rims looked like. They settled the situation and thats that. Let it be..

I agree with you. I think there was some, not dishonesty but perhaps misrepresentation from both sides.

The one thing that can be claimed since we really don't know is the fellow made off with some free tires and rims if shooter did really refund the guys money.

Shooter, would you make me a deal like that? :devil:

idro
01-10-2007, 08:22 PM
I say you just give each other's crap back and be done with it. But that's just my .02.

On a legal note, if he wants to throw court jargon at you if you offered him a way of totally reversing the deal there is nothing he can do with you in court. IE what i said in the top line of text i posted......................................

ndoan
01-10-2007, 10:38 PM
I want to thank everyone for chiming in. I hadn't checked in a day so I didn't see all the replies being posted. Just to be clear:

1) I would've loved to have totally undone the deal. However, unlike taking something back to a store, here someone would've had to pay for the return shipping. I don't think that 1shooter and I could've agreed on that point.

2) I didn't make off with "freebies." From my end of the deal, I paid $45 for a set of steel rims (1shooter refunded the $30 difference between the $75 that I had paid him and the $45 offered price for just the rims shipped). The tires were dry rotted all along the sides. The air leaked from the sides, not the bead or stem, as confirmed by soapy water bubbling all over the place. Bead sealer was used. I did not mount the tires. I had an acquaintance who owns a tire mounting machine for his 4wheelers do it for me. Cost me $7 for a six pack of his preferred beer. He did not damage the tires. The only thing I ended up getting for free were the tires, which are junk. In fact, if anyone wants them, I will ship them to you for actual packing/shipping cost. They're worthless to me. In fact, because they are worthless I will now be selling the rims as well, since my intention was to buy them as a set.

3) To be fair to 1shooter, the rims were not "dinged and dented," and he never claimed that the tires were new. I understood and accepted that. He did, however, claim that the rims were brand new (which they were not, with bolt marks, scratches, and nicks on them), that the tires held air (which they absolutely do not, going completely flat from one evening to the following morning), and that the tires were 10" wide (they were actually 11"). The variances in what he claimed and what I received, however, were sufficient for me to not receive what I had bargained for.

4) I am grateful that 1shooter refunded part of the money, because I did not want the hassle from doing it a different way. He was not exactly courteous or enthusiastic about it, but at least he did it. I do respect that. I still wish that I had never reached a deal with him and had taken my business elsewhere first, because I still don't have the rims/tires that I wanted to have by this weekend, I still need to buy a set of them, and I will have the hassle of trying to unload the rims to look forward to.

5) I did not "threaten" 1shooter or throw court jargon. I informed him what I expected as a fair solution ($30 refund), and what I would have to do if we couldn't resolve it (dispute the credit card charges). I pressed him for a final decision after we exchanged several e-mails in which all we did was debate the points and got no closer to resolution.

Northwest Texas, I don't see what misrepresentation there could have been from my side. Please elaborate.

Hey 480ex, welcome to an adult conversation.

1shooter
01-10-2007, 10:55 PM
well dude sorry for being rude its my way in life.

Not always the best approach in fact im mostly a @$$hole

but hey at least i can admitt it.

I never would of sold the tires if i didnt think they would hold air.

As far a i knew i thought they where new i never seen any marks on them from mounting. to that end i appologize.

In all reality you can have a set of tires this weekend.

get ahold of a couple of tractor lawnmower deals they probably will have some tubes to fit.

i am not really mad about the situation anymore.

I never tried to rip you off.

Things didn't go well sorry for the troubles

And yeah i am dick alot i dont try to be but i let my emotions get the best

sorry for the troubles i did try to make it right

ndoan
01-10-2007, 11:01 PM
1shooter, apology graciously accepted. No hard feelings, man.

1shooter
01-10-2007, 11:02 PM
right on

jcv400ex
01-11-2007, 07:55 AM
Aww, ain't that cute.

The longer this post goes, the more you'll get for the rims. You get it up to a 10 pager, I bet you get $100 for them rims.

northwest Texas
01-11-2007, 08:03 AM
My memory may not be exact, I write things down so I don't have to remember them, and I'm not going to go back and re-read this entire thread trying to find what I'm looking for.

Early on you claimed the wheels were misrepresented in that they showed many "scars" Then when you're trying to sell them back you "shine" them up a bit more than you led us to believe initially. I chalk that up to emotions running at the time. We all do it when we've got something to sell. It's always worth more to me than the buyer. We all want to get the most for our product right?

I see some things on your end that could have prevented the whole ordeal. No big deal either way, you were buying a product you knew little to nothing about and relied upon your trust of the seller's knowledge of the product(s). We've all been guilty of that. I just bought a cordless drill yesterday based upon the local store's clerk's knowledge. I needed one that day. I could've waited and researched it more but that's something I know I let out of the control of my own hands. If I feel wronged later, I really have no one to blame but myself.

I still think that you had/have two solutions to your problem. Install tubes in the tires and give that a shot. I've done that before on my 4wd quad. Two of my rear tires had cuts in them and I installed tubes and ran them much longer than I thought they ever would. The thing I think you should've done is send the lot back to shooter. If he didn't want the tires and took your word they were bad, you could've trashed them and saved on your shipping cost. If it were me and I was in your shoes I would return it and eat the shipping and chalk it up to a "not that great of a deal". Not every store has a free return shipping and you eat that too don't you.

I think shooter overrepresented the tires. My guess is he thought they would hold air but didn't know and steered you in that direction. I think that's why he refunded your money because he wasn't shocked they didn't hold air. He goofed when he guessed shipping cost. That's his bed and he has to lie in it. It probably won't happen again.

I think it would give you lots of integrity to ship the wheels back to shooter and be fully reimbursed minus the shipping back to him. You're going to get rid of the wheels anyway so why not do the right thing. As for the mounting of the tires, you'd eat that anyway, he's not responsible for that.

When we think (or need) something right away we tend to cost ourselves more than it would normally. You get the best deals when you "don't have to have it" Just an observation in my own life's experiences.

1shooter
01-11-2007, 08:28 AM
initially he bought tires i refunded him his money back as they where not the right sizes.

Then i put together a set. I buy and sell as a regular hobby. I bought 5 bikes so far this month and sold 3.

I am not always fully aware of the condition of the stuff i have.

If i would of known they would not hold air they would of went in a pile of other tires i have. No big deal.

Every once in a while i sell like 5 -6 7 sets off for a bit over a hunderd to someone who knows that they need tubes to make it all work out right. Then they have plenty of rubber for dirt cheap.

I knew shipping would be high. I am not a bad at figureing shipping. I wasn't to surprised when they told we what it would be.

I mean to say i felt like he didn't have alot of cash to spend. I tried to put together a set of tires and rims that would work for him. They didn't

i ddin't mean things to go south.

i don't rip people off. I dont try screw over the next guy and leave him with junk.

When i sell a boat anchor i try to let them know its a boat anchor.

Most people are happy with what i sell em. But i guess when you play in the woods you might get hit by a tree.

i have 100% feedback on ebay not becuase everything i sell is great.

Because if there is a problem/ the buyer can resonable prove it to me.

I make it right.

bwamos
01-11-2007, 08:32 AM
Well I'm really late on this topic.. lol.

I'll just put my 2 cents in.

I'm very glad you guys were able to work things out. I think selling off the tires to someone for shipping cost would be a great idea. They could stick them on some old dinged up rims w/ tubes for a cheap set of backup tires.

The product and price gets you the initial sale.
Customer Service gets you return customers and word of mouth advertisment.

Mistakes were made, it happens, and got resolved. But, a quick $35 refund and professional courtesy (even if you didn't think you were in the wrong) could have gotten you some excelent very cheap advertisment. ;)

CDCHONDAS
01-11-2007, 09:40 AM
in some of my ebay dealings I have had some things like this the last one was a lot of 30 some model trucks that are a series which I had opened a few boxes and drew a conclusion on the condition, I took a pic of the whole lot, said what I found to be the general condition, the auction went off the guy got a good deal and someone else had ran him up a good ways, they a week later he emails saying like 3 of them had a part missing or something and he wants money back like half the price, by that time I am like wtf the per truck price he got was bargain, he started an ebay dispute and all kinds of crap, so eventually i ended up sending him some money which i really shouldnt have. moral of the story when someone sells you something as is you get what you see, and when you have dealings via internet its a risk and rarely can be fairly disputed, just suck it up and move on we all have gotten screwed and your not special. these days peoples word aint worth much it seems anyways

sly400ex
01-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by jcv400ex
Aww, ain't that cute.

Hahaha...I'd laughed out loud when I read that!:p

I'm glad you two were able to settle this.......:)

jcv400ex
01-11-2007, 10:48 AM
Moral of the story. DOn't sell junk over the internet. Don't sell something that requires you to judge it for a person. If he can not see it in person or detail pictures of it, then don't do it. I've learned that with 7 years of Ebay and selling parts.

Do that and you'll have alot less headaches.

idro
01-11-2007, 03:37 PM
eh i said court jargon because somewhere i read in the post someone said they were going to contact the credit card company. lol