PDA

View Full Version : clothes lined

WhiteZrider
01-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Yesterday my cousin, and some other kid, and I were riding down the trail and theres some tiny hillclimbs to the one side, so we decided to mess around on them. Well the kid on a 300ex went up one, and he just stop and me and my cousin and I went up there and theres thick metal wire rapped around his axle, and than the kid on the 300ex found fishing wire all around his axle and on the ground. This just sucks because i dont really feel like losing my head.

There is only 3 stories i know of people getting cloth lined
1. My neighbor-scratched him up pretty bad
2. A snowmobiler that totally lost his head (Paino Wire)
3. A kid on a quad that had his jaw ripped off

Sorry for the long post, i just dont want it to happen to me or anyone. Has anyone found stuff like this on the trails you ride on??

trick250r
01-08-2007, 07:44 AM
i remeber i was riding with my friend on his parents property. they have cows so his dad is almost always working on the barbed wire fence. well, one day we went out for a ride and i was following cody up a hill and noticed that his axle had become somewhat big and prickly. to make a long story short, it took us about 3 hours to cut of all of the barbed wire. i think there were 2 full rolls of it wrapped around his axle.

01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by trick250r
i remeber i was riding with my friend on his parents property. they have cows so his dad is almost always working on the barbed wire fence. well, one day we went out for a ride and i was following cody up a hill and noticed that his axle had become somewhat big and prickly. to make a long story short, it took us about 3 hours to cut of all of the barbed wire. i think there were 2 full rolls of it wrapped around his axle.

My friend got barb whire wraped around his axle and the other half was still connected ot the fence and almost made him crash cause were were racin eachother in his field arounda corner. It came off easy.

Myth busters did a test thing and said you can not be cut in half or what ever by a cord but can be killed

A A R O N
01-08-2007, 11:20 AM
One of my dad's best friends from way back in the day was killed like that. His grandpa had a wire across the dirt lane to keep the cows in and forgot to tell him and he was riding his old Honda dirtbike and the wire met him right at the neck.....

CDCHONDAS
01-08-2007, 11:47 AM
we have an elaborate trail system in a woods at my one friends farm and we found clotheslines, one was two saplings tied together, no big deal just we know somone was there watching us as we rode thru then came back and it was tied in like 5-10 min, then they found wire or fishin line once

Villageidiott23
01-08-2007, 01:18 PM
i seen rail road spikes sticking up from the ground...

suzukigirl
01-08-2007, 07:49 PM
Originally posted by turtlebus

Myth busters did a test thing and said you can not be cut in half or what ever by a cord but can be killed

i love that show...didn't see that one though

QuadRacer18
01-09-2007, 11:58 AM
about 5 or 6 years ago i was riding my mountain bike down a tractor trail, the farmer didnt tell me he moved the grazing area where the cows were and he had an electric wire going across the trail so they couldnt get out, it caught me at my neck and i flew of the bike, my buddy had to unwrap it from my neck when i was laying on the ground. I went to the E.R and got x-rays and had to wear some gauze-type stuff over my neck for a month, turns out i broke the wore off the post, if it wouldnt have snapped i prolly woulda lost my head.

i kinda got a kick out of my dad threatening to kick the doctor's butt when he told me (12 years old at the time) "Your lucky you didnt loose your head kid!"

waynebeast5
01-09-2007, 12:44 PM
was riding out at my dads place and he just put up a fence so he had a big wire acrosse the two new gate posts. well the sun was going down and i didnt see the wire and hit it going about 3rd gear. it broke the helmet front and hit my neck and left a scar. i also got knocked out. but if i wasnt wearing my helmet i prolly wouldnt be here.

flht_db
01-09-2007, 12:45 PM
A guard rail between 2 trees at head level, and a 6 foot ditch dug in the middle of the trail. My brother broke his foot at the ditch running into the back of my quad and he was on a bike.

01-09-2007, 01:41 PM
I'd say if you don't own the land, or its not state / Federal land, you better expect the worst.

flht_db
01-09-2007, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by garandman
I'd say if you don't own the land, or its not state / Federal land, you better expect the worst.

You are correct. This was 15 years ago, and was adjacent to public/ok private land. Boundaries were not fully marked and land owners apparantly didn't like the quads and bikes crossing over.

ThorRacing37
01-09-2007, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by garandman

it was on state land....