PDA

View Full Version : *%#@ Ups Lost My I-razrs Tires

450ERRRRRR!
01-08-2007, 07:02 AM
I've been waiting for the UPS man to come and bring me my new Radial tires for my R. I was watching the ups tracking site and it said DELIVERED-left on front porch. I say B. S.!!!
The wife was home all day and I live on a dead end road, so no crack heads stole them. Either the ups man has a new set or the idiot left them on someone else's door step. You would think who ever got them would call and say come get them. It's impossible to try to get a customer service rep on the phone. It all a recording. I guess I'll call Chaparrel Motorsports and see what kind of run around they give me. I want my tires today-send me another set. What do you think they will say and how long is your guess before I see another set of tires. I also ordered a new Bell helmet and wouldn't you know I have to send it back too cause it's too small. What next?

ShiftFMX
01-08-2007, 07:18 AM
If you call 1800-pick-ups, and say represenitive or operator and the machine will transfer you to a person

450ERRRRRR!
01-08-2007, 07:45 AM
Thanks!! I give it a try.

450ERRRRRR!
01-08-2007, 11:38 AM
Shiftfmx...Thanks man!!!
It worked and now they know my name and that I;m not a happy custormer. I did also call Chapperall motorsports and they saud if not found in 24 hours 4 new ones will be sent. Hope UPS doesent loose them also. Thanks again!!!;)

katch26
01-08-2007, 12:05 PM
why dont you just track them online with your ups #

quadwanter
01-08-2007, 12:22 PM
katch read his first/second sentence lol musta missed that part :D

thats cool that both people are trying to work something out, especially by sending 4 more tires :eek:

keller45
01-08-2007, 02:21 PM
That sucks. But I don't think it;s their responsibility to send you 4 new tires but that's cool if they do

pudamac12
01-08-2007, 02:27 PM
yeah but companies use insurance incase of stuff like this. It is good that the company is going to send you new tires so you don't have to wait for the bullcrap at ups to go through, it can take up to 5 weeks to get the insurance money from ups, I know I had to go through it for 1,000.

katch26
01-08-2007, 03:00 PM
the entire claim process should only take about 7-10 business days, at least all the ones Ive processed have only taken that long.

katch26
01-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by quadwanter
katch read his first/second sentence lol musta missed that part :D

doh! sorry i read what I wanted to not what i needed too....twenty lashings with a wet noodle

esr250r86
01-08-2007, 03:14 PM
My friend ordered four holeshots on itp bajas and they shipped them to his door. He also got a free pair of holeshot hd's. He had them for about a month and chapparral calls him back and says that they shipped the hd's to the wrong house and then tells him that ups is going to come pick them up and they did, so so much for a free pair of tires.

Sjorge450R
01-08-2007, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by esr250r86
My friend ordered four holeshots on itp bajas and they shipped them to his door. He also got a free pair of holeshot hd's. He had them for about a month and chapparral calls him back and says that they shipped the hd's to the wrong house and then tells him that ups is going to come pick them up and they did, so so much for a free pair of tires.

lmao.

86Rryder
UPS has went down hill! None of there drivers give a rats *** anymore. The last two shipments I've had from them have been screwed up. And what do you know...I did'nt get my front tires and wheels??? They just vanished into thin air. Luckly Rocky mountain gave me a refund. IMO 75% of them are just overpaid lazy morons! I remember when those guys would go out of there way to help a customer. Sign of the times I guess. I gotta give props to fed ex...They have yet to screw up anything of mine.

Martin Blair
Same thing happend to me with ups, the lost my tires about 2 years ago, well we raised hell, and they ended up paying for a replacement, it was delivered to the wrong adress. Well 2 days later they show up, I was like damn, that was fast didn't think ups was that concerned. Well about 2 weeks after that, another pair showed up. So I got a free set of tires and wheels.

GIXXER1KR
01-08-2007, 09:55 PM
Yeah the elohssa from UPS left my $2200 Motowoz package on the back porch but made me sign for a $23 package go figure!!!!

450RGNCC
01-08-2007, 11:03 PM
Recently I have been shipping things out USPS, most of the time its cheaper and faster than UPS, and I havent had any problems yet.

katch26
01-09-2007, 06:17 AM
big mistake...usps isnt faster they SAY theyre faster. The Post office is like ordering Chinese food always ten minute, but the post officed always says 2-3 days, but not guaranteed. Its not actually cheaper once you insure it, ask for delivery confirmation, ect. If it get lost you must wait 30 days from the expected delivery date to file a claim and if you didnt insure it youre not even getting the cost of shipping back.....UPS, FEDEX all come with included insurance up to $100. Not worth the extra hassle.

450RGNCC
01-09-2007, 10:03 AM
I have sent out about 8 large packages through USPS and ALL of them arrived on time, most arrived in the lower amount of days that they told me for shipping. And I have sent out similar packages through both USPS and UPS and I can get away cheaper through USPS with confirmation. I have not found any reason to not trust USPS yet, they dont damage the boxes, they havent lost my packages yet, and they're employees have been a lot nicer to me than the jerks at my local UPS. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion...

300racer
01-09-2007, 10:30 AM
Hey take it easy on UPS that is where i work! MOST of the time when an order is screwed up it isn't ups fault it is the company's and when stuff shows up late it is the company's fault MOST of the time cause they didn't ship it when they said they would.

katch26
01-09-2007, 10:36 AM
exactly....I own a UPS store and have filed claims but probably around 10-15 and weve shipped 1000's of packages, just so you know if UPS is late you get your money back....you did know that right?

Coolidge
01-09-2007, 11:39 AM
I just got done w/a theft of merchandise inside a pkg from UPS. I will go out of my way NOT to use that Co. Those asswipes opened my box, took contents and replaced contents w/a cardboard roll (was medication...BAD F-In KARMA TO THE CROOK!)
Good Luck w/your tires. Def file a claim.

Coolidge
01-09-2007, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by katch26
exactly....I own a UPS store and have filed claims but probably around 10-15 and weve shipped 1000's of packages, just so you know if UPS is late you get your money back....you did know that right?

Um, NO, the SHIPPER gets money back.

Im sorry. UPS has left a BAD taste in my mouth. (No offense to the UPS worker(s) here.)

450ERRRRRR!
01-10-2007, 08:23 AM
I talked with ups yesterday and the last thing they said was dont call us we will call you.....Then a few hours later a neighboor called and said there is 4 tires on her front porch and come get them. I going to get them but I'm going to follow UPS's instructions and wait till they call me!!!
I'm a pretty honest fellow but I'm going to wait and when they ask why I didnt report it I'll quote there rep last words!
I'm wondering why my neighboors waited a week to call me, they do have a few ATVs,????:grr:

mike nash
01-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Glad things worked out well,now get us a ride report. I'm interested in getting Irazrs to race in the sandy races that are in my series.

450ERRRRRR!
01-10-2007, 08:36 AM
I sure will but check out my new post showing my new 6pak rack and let me know what you think.