PDA

View Full Version : Help with Cleaning up the Handlebars

03sp500
01-08-2007, 05:28 AM
I getting a new carb so I dont need the choke housing on the handle bars, also would like to do away with the on/off- starter switch that goes with it. We have a race tether so shutting off isnt an issue and we dont have a battery.
Does anyone know how to bypass the electrical part of that switch on the left side of the bars. Oh by the way it's a 03 pred 90.

markvette
01-08-2007, 07:13 AM
here you go. on the polaris you will also have a gray wire, that can be grounded to the frame. if you have any different colors on your wires let me know and i can get you through it.

you can get rid of the whole wiring harness and just use the cdi and stator wires with a tether kill switch. i will try to explain, if your colors are different let me know. the cdi has a plug with 2 wires in it usually orange and black, these are for the coil now if you have a one wire coil the orange wire will go on that post and the black one will go to a frame ground and if you have a 2 wire coil the blsck wire from this plug will go on the negative side of the coil then you should have a white with red stripe and a black with red stripe. these 2 wires plug into wires of the same color on the stator.. also there should be a black wire with a white stripe on the cdi, that goes to a frame ground then there should be a 3 wire plug on the stator, this is the charging/lighting side of the stator. all you need here is the black wire to a frame ground. now to hook the tether up hook one wire to a frame ground and the other splice in to the orange wire on the postive side of the coil/ you will probably need a few butt splices and a little 14 gage wire to extend some of the wires also some wire ends with eyes on them to put under screws for the wires going to the frame. you can strip all the wiring harness, battery, starter and rectifer off the quad.

Mark

coil
2 wire plug
orange--------to positive side of coil
black-----------to negative side of coil if 2 wire coil, if one wire coil to frame ground
black/white stripe............frame ground
black/red stripe------------plug into same color wire from stator
white/red stripe-----------plug into same color wire from stator

stator
3 wire plug
only use the black from this plug to a frame ground, tape off other 2 wires
black/red stripe----------------to cdi
white/red stripe...................to cdi

chickenman26
01-08-2007, 07:34 AM
you have my number if you want help you can look at bens anytime we got rid of harness long ago its very easy to do;)

03sp500
01-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Thank you Gentlemen that was helpful. Chickenman I might just call you.