PDA

View Full Version : The PERFECT place for your battery...

rumme
01-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Well I soent the last 2 hours thinking of all these elaborate ways to remount my 400ex battery somehweres else...was gonna do the airbox thing ..then I was gonna weld a whole new bracket system towards the back of the bike...

then it hit me...

the battery fits almost perfectly in the front of the bike down in the stock front bumper.....all thats needed is a bracket to keep it from bouncing around....if anyone wants to relocate their battery, I strongly suggest you check this out...thats if you are using a stock battery and the stock front bumper. I have no idea if it works as well with aftermarket bumpers/batteries...

its gonna be nice to be able to put on my seat on the 1st try from now on without that damn battery in the way :D :D

Def-e-nition
01-08-2007, 03:02 AM
.......... and the first ride out you smack the bumper and the battery takes a knock . No thank you .

a LOT of the guys on the forum here have resorted to doing something else - In a new airbox , with place for the battery . This would get my vote easier than the bumper thing , as up front it's a little exposed , and there's also weight distrubution one would have to take into account .

The battery is Closer to it's original terminals and Wiring if you do it under the Seat , more protectedfrom the elements also . My only concern was that a small amount of space from the airbox would now be given up for for the battery , but this is Neglible .

01-08-2007, 05:42 AM
I just dropped $180 (shipped) on the UM airbox.

I like the fact its close to the original location, and actually puts the weight in the center of the bike, not the side.

I wasn't thrilled about putting that weight up front, cuz I like the way my EX jumps now.

rumme
01-08-2007, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by Def-e-nition
.......... and the first ride out you smack the bumper and the battery takes a knock . No thank you .

a LOT of the guys on the forum here have resorted to doing something else - In a new airbox , with place for the battery . This would get my vote easier than the bumper thing , as up front it's a little exposed , and there's also weight distrubution one would have to take into account .

The battery is Closer to it's original terminals and Wiring if you do it under the Seat , more protectedfrom the elements also . My only concern was that a small amount of space from the airbox would now be given up for for the battery , but this is Neglible .

where the stock battery is located now..it gets wet/muddy/dirty anyways...so thats not a factor...

as far as a " smack" taking the battery out on the 1st ride...I disagree again...ecspecially if a small piece of angle iron is welded or bolted to the front bumper to secure the top of the battery { which I planned to do anywways} ....I can get a piece of angle iron from home depot for a few bucks...beats the heck out of a $120 airbox

as far as weight distribution...

you got to be kidding me? ..the battery probably only weighs 4 or 5lbs anyways and Id rather have the battery mounted so its not to the far left or far right side of the bike like the stock setup is...

as far as having to run all the wires to the front and make them all much longer to reach the battery...wrong again...the negative wire is just a wire bolted to the frame...so that wire can be kept the same length and just bolted to the front of the frame and the whole assembly of wires that is wrapped together can actually be moved forwards towards the front end quite a bit because there is alot of play in them..

Maybe for people who race for living, they wouldnt like the idea of mounting the battery up front...but for me...I think it will work perfectly. Once the battery is securley mounted in the bumper, I will then put 2 dabs of clear silicon over the terminals . Once that drys, it will protect the terminal from mud and corrosion and keep them from shorting out...

SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN TO ME :D

BigFish
01-08-2007, 07:28 AM
Who has a stock front bumper?

01-08-2007, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by rumme

as far as weight distribution...

you got to be kidding me? ..the battery probably only weighs 4 or 5lbs anyways and Id rather have the battery mounted so its not to the far left or far right side of the bike like the stock setup is...

[/B]

Any racer of any motorsport would tell you weight distribution is important.

Which you admitted when you said you'd rather have it centered than on the right or left.

I'd rather have it in the airbox, as I like the front / rear weight distribution I've got now and how that affects the physics of jumping.

rumme
01-08-2007, 07:55 AM
Thank God im not a " racer" :D :D ..

I also like the fact that upfront inside the bumper..its easy acces to get to the battery..for mainaetance or to change it out...

no need to take off the seat... take off airbox lid and fumble around in a tight enclosed area like an airbox ...

WORKS FOR ME.....

01-08-2007, 07:57 AM
Post pics if you get a chance.

Def-e-nition
01-08-2007, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by garandman
and how that affects the physics of jumping.

There's My point . i should have spoken more clearly there .

i 've seen more than one of you do this mod pretty Easily , with an aluminium airbox . having the battery out of the way appeals to me , and looks the Biz' .

a battery up front - its personal taste really .

rumme
01-08-2007, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by BigFish
Who has a stock front bumper?

Ive got 2 of em....

but I agree...my riding habits may differ from most on this board...I dont spend countless dollars on bumpers, footpegs..etc..or act like a top notch racer thats a celebirity...

I dont armor all my bike or ,seat,tires every weekend..

my bike was purchased for me to ride it and get it dirty...not try and make a living racing it or keeping it so clean that it looks like its never been ridden...

01-08-2007, 08:05 AM

but I agree...my riding habits may differ from most on this board...I dont spend countless dollars on bumpers, footpegs..etc..or act like a top notch racer thats a celebirity...

I'm fourty years old, haven't raced for years, and never will again.

But I like my bike to PERFORM.

That means setting it up like a racer would.

rumme
01-08-2007, 08:21 AM
quote:

and how that affects the physics of jumping.

end quote:

yeah...I admit I dont " study" the physics of jumping..

I just want my bike to run well, without sinking thousands of xtra dollars into it...and have the battery in a conveninent location where it has some degree of protection...

I should have put in the title of this thread :

ALL PROFFESIONAL RIDERS AND ANAYLISTS OF THE PHYSICS OF JUMPING, MAY NOT BE INTERESTED IN THIS BATTERY RELOCATION IDEA... :D ...

01-08-2007, 11:01 AM
...and here, folks, we see the different definitions of "perfect"....

:)

rumme
01-08-2007, 02:56 PM
Just finsihed doing it..works like a charm...

its amazing how theres just enough room inside the front stock bumper to allow the battery to lay in there without being much wobble room side to side...

I did bolt a piece of angle iron insiode the bumper and then siliconed a piece of foam rubber to the platform to act as a cushion for the bottom of the battery. I figured this should keep the plastic bottom of the battery from cracking since it wont be sitting on a piece of hard steel now..

I had to elongate the postive wire a few feet to reach up to the front bumper but this is no big deal since the negative wire coming off of the starter has to be shortned in half because the whole cdi unit can move forward about a foot or more...

The small negative wire that come off the frame and goes directly to the battery doesnt need to be modded in anyway...I just bolted it up to the metal of the front bumper to make a good ground and then put clear silicone over to ensure it always has good contact with the ground of the chasis...and then hooked it right up to the negative post of the battery terminal

but of course the real nice thing is...I can put the fenders on easily on the 1st try each and every time...

all in all, what took the most time is thinking out how to route the wires and having the balls to cut wires here and there....

its alos nice that when it comes time to replace the battery..its right upfront..easy access and only 1 bolt at the top holding it inside the cavity of the stock bumper...

WARNING....this mod may not be for those who study the " physics" of jumping their ATV or the wind drag velocity of having a small battery mounted upfront....or the residual side effects having 4lbs worth of battery mounted upfront that could cause miniscule handling issues when trying to do 65 + mph around the 49 degree right angle turn ...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This type of mod is only for recreational drivers like myself who dont want to spend $180 on a new airbox but think the stock battery setup was ridiculous..

END OF DISCLAIMER :

01-08-2007, 03:15 PM

WARNING....this mod may not be for those who study the " physics" of jumping their ATV .... ...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

This type of mod is only for recreational drivers like myself who dont want to spend $180 on a new airbox but think the stock battery setup was ridiculous..

END OF DISCLAIMER :

The word "plugger" comes to mind....

:devil:

(just messing with ya) :)

MO-EX-RIDER
01-08-2007, 05:49 PM
Thank God im not a " racer" :D :D ..

I also like the fact that upfront inside the bumper..its easy acces to get to the battery..for mainaetance or to change it out...

no need to take off the seat... take off airbox lid and fumble around in a tight enclosed area like an airbox ...

WORKS FOR ME.....

2 words - BATTERY TENDER - has a quick release plug option for charging and if you keep it plugged in you will never need to take your battery out. $27.95 does wonders for a $65 battery:D :D

rumme
01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
how does the battery tender work? ...I thought the battery on the honda 400ex got charged up while the bike was running and that the battery was a gel battery and once it went bad...there was nothing that could be done to recharge it...

Rip_Tear
01-08-2007, 06:25 PM
Not to start a whole new can of worms here, but for the people saying about the battery in the center making it more even it doesn't make sense...

The reason Honda put the battery on the side of the quad was to balance it and the exhuast... I realise some of the aftermarket exhausts are lighter then the stock but not by any huge amount.

I don't have anything against either idea, however just thought I'd let everyone know.

rumme
01-08-2007, 06:54 PM
How many amps/Ma per hour does the battery tenders put out and are they rated for 12 volts output or more ?

Seems like it would be easy to take a Wal wart plug in adapter and make something simliar....

alos, what should the voltage reading be on a good battery and should that reading be under load or just sitting unused...

ImplodedMindZ
01-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Rip_Tear
Not to start a whole new can of worms here, but for the people saying about the battery in the center making it more even it doesn't make sense...

The reason Honda put the battery on the side of the quad was to balance it and the exhuast... I realise some of the aftermarket exhausts are lighter then the stock but not by any huge amount.

I don't have anything against either idea, however just thought I'd let everyone know.
Very good point, the only reason i put mine in an airbox is to clean things up on the subframe and make it a lil easier to put the rear plastics on and off.

j450rking
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
i relocated my battery today in my stock air box with just a little cuting with my dremel and some drilling and it was done
i think it will work great and it's not exsposed at all and cost $0000000000
i will post some pics tomorow:devil:

for the record i think the front bumper thing is not a vary good idea but if you don't have any problums with it then good for you just not my cup of tea:blah:

rumme
01-08-2007, 07:52 PM
so far I like it :} ...ill know better when I go out and thrash around in the mud and hills...

as far as it getting wet and muddy, ..that happened anywayus where it was located from the factrory.....alos, its a sealed battery and nothing can get in it. In fact, you can even mount these sealed gel batteries on their side and at angles with no harm done tio them...you cant mount them upside down though...

im more then happy with the way the battery fit down insdie the front bumper...its protected by the metal of the bumper from the front...its easy to gain access to it for mainentence, changing it or even spraying it with a hose to clean it off....and unlike the stock setup or under the airfilter...the back fenders dont even have to be taken off to gain access to it..

all in all...im very happy with it..

then again...im going for a different goal than others are....heck, I even welded a rack to the back frame...

I want my 400ex to be a sport- utilility mix...

able to do 65 mph if I want or cruise around with a cooler of drinks/food, equipmnet on the back...

I see that many others have mounted there battery to the front near the handlebars/headlight...I just didnt like the idea of it being mounted up that high, and then having to make a sepcial holder and bracket sytem to hold the battery...

the pre-existing front bumper meant that I didnt have to make special holding boxes for the battery...

I think if anyone wants to relocate their battery { and they dont race for a living} and doesnt want to spend alot of money on aluminum airbox...you should just try and place the battery inside the front bumper and see how well it fits...

you may be suprised and save yourself alot of money......

and time.. now that it wont be a struggle to put on the back fenders :}

HondaSkidoo
01-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Can you post a picture of your installation? I have to see the angle iron you added. Thanks:blah:

rumme
01-09-2007, 07:17 AM
If I could..I wiould...

ive tryed several times to post pictures on this site..no luck..

when you take the 2 top bolts out of the front bumper that hold it to the atv frame...just sit your battery in level and then rebolt the bumper back up. the top of the battery will be sticking up enough out of the top of the bumper to allow the pos/neg terminals to be easily bolt4d to the battery....Thisd is the position you want the battery to be in...from there put a piece of angle iron or steel inside and make a ledge for the botton of the battery to sit on...

trust me,...if I did it..anoynecan do it......I mean I dont even study or understand the physics of jumping atvs and the changes occurring to those physics of jumping based upon the mounting a 4 l.b battery in the front of my bike.. ..so that shows you my stupidity :huh :huh :huh

BigFish
01-09-2007, 07:30 AM
Putting the battery behind the bumper is about the most retarded thing ever. What's the purpose of a bumper?

...to take a hit and protect the frame. What happens when the front end takes a hit now? The battery is right there... :rolleyes:

Plus, whats wrong w/ leaving the battery where it is stock? I feel sure honda's R&D put it at the best possible place. Thats where the 450's is as well. Atleast they didn't put it where suzuki did on the ltr.

rumme
01-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Putting the battery behind the bumper is about the most retarded thing ever. What's the purpose of a bumper?

...to take a hit and protect the frame. What happens when the front end takes a hit now? The battery is right there... :rolleyes:

Plus, whats wrong w/ leaving the battery where it is stock? I feel sure honda's R&D put it at the best possible place. Thats where the 450's is as well. Atleast they didn't put it where suzuki did on the ltr.

but I never claimed to not be " retarded" LOLOLOL..

if you are running into objects at a speed so fast that you are hitting the front bumper and crushing it inwards enough to damage the battery located inside...id say that is whats retarded ..LOLOL...
see, the idea is not to hit objects head on at 40 mph...even though there is a bumper there...

anyone thats hitting something head on at that speed..shouldnt be worrying about damaging there battery...theyd better worry about the bones they are gonna break in their body..

DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I think I will be able to manage not hitting a tree head on at 40 mph and crushing my front bumper...for those that cant manage that...then this battery mod may not be for you...

rumme
01-09-2007, 07:45 AM

and to answer your question about ..whats wrong with leaving the battery where it is located from the factory..

well, 1st off, the MAJORITY of people who own 400exs complain about the battery being there because its difficult to get the fenders on ..

2nd, when its time to change or charge the battery..its kind of a pain in the ***

3rdly...the battery still gets wet and muddy in its stock placement.....

so lets recap...

this battery mod is not for anyone that is studying the phyiscs and gravitational incidence of jumping their ATV..or anyone that plans on running into stationary objects head on at 40 m.ph...

DISCLAIMER :

this may have to be updated as more and more " proffesioanl riders" come up with more absurd reasons why one shouldnt mount the battery upfront inside the bumper...

BigFish
01-09-2007, 08:03 AM
it's not that hard to put the fenders on :rolleyes: How is it hard to work w/ the battery in its stock location? You remove the fenders w/ NO tools, remove the battery brace w/ two bolts, then disconnect the + and - terminals, whats so f*@cking hard about that? ;)

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:05 AM
i think i've got to agree with everyone else, personally i would never put my battery there. as much mud, water, branches etc; that gets stuck and stabbed there, i wouldn't even try it. i'd rather take the time and do it right (get the aftermarket airbox and put it where its safe and sound), than ni&&3r rig something up with some zip ties and some metal....believe me rigging things up constantly with things you find at the local hardware store, does add up probably to as much as you're going to spend on aftermarket parts, because you'll constantly be re-attatching, or taping or zip tying things back together. seriously guys, lets all get some brains here and start thinking about where we place things. i hate towing in saps like you because you just didn't think things through, or didn't have enough common sense to do things right.

01-09-2007, 08:09 AM
heh heh

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:12 AM
heh heh

all in good fun :) :) :)

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by exsweetie66
i think i've got to agree with everyone else, personally i would never put my battery there. as much mud, water, branches etc; that gets stuck and stabbed there, i wouldn't even try it. i'd rather take the time and do it right (get the aftermarket airbox and put it where its safe and sound), than ni&&3r rig something up with some zip ties and some metal....believe me rigging things up constantly with things you find at the local hardware store, does add up probably to as much as you're going to spend on aftermarket parts, because you'll constantly be re-attatching, or taping or zip tying things back together. seriously guys, lets all get some brains here and start thinking about where we place things. i hate towing in saps like you because you just didn't think things through, or didn't have enough common sense to do things right.

wow..what an imagination...ZIP TIES? ...I didnt use 1 zip tie in mounting my battery upfront...if your gonna knock the idea down..at least dont make up lies about it..LOLOLO...

zip ties..give me a break...

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:16 AM
nor did I have to go to the hardware store to buy anything for this mod...

cmon dude...if your gonna knock the idea...come up with some truths..or

at least come up with a mathmatical formula about the gravitational pull on that extra 4lbs of battery weight that is now upffront and how that incredible weight distribution will now totally change the ATVS performance

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:30 AM
so lets recap again..reasons why this mod is " stupid "

1. The zip ties will break { even though there arent any zip ties used in replacing the battery upfront...dont let the facts get in the way though :}

2. the physics of " jumping" will; be severly altered .

3. You will have to be constantly running to the " hardware store" to replace those broken zipties that arent even used to mount the battery

4. if you hit a staionary object at 40 m.p..h, it may crush the front bumper in and damage the battery....nevermind that it may also break your bones and that if such a crash happens, the battery is gonna be the last thing im worried about.

5. the battery will get dirty..even though it already got dirty where it was located before..

I think that about covers it..UNTIL the next rd of lies and absurdities gets posted...

will update as needed..

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:32 AM
as big of a dumbass as you are to put a battery behind the front bumper i wouldn't put it past you to use zip ties...or duct tape for that matter....and i'm not a dude. pretty bad a girl knows better than to do relocate a battery to such a place. lol.

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:34 AM
also i have seen some bumpers smashed clear up to the frame....so hitting something will smash it, and hopefully smash the battery and send the acid spraying up to melt your damn face off....maybe after that you will shut up and stop coming up with dumbass ideas.

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:36 AM
also i have seen some bumpers smashed clear up to the frame....so hitting something will smash it, and hopefully smash the battery and send the acid spraying up to melt your damn face off....maybe after that you will shut up and stop coming up with dumbass ideas.

LOL..more stupidity from you....much of the acid { similiar to a gel} gets absorbed into the battery plates...

any more lies/absurdities you want to spout out ??

by any chance, those bumpers you saw smashed into the frame..did they run into your forehead ? LOLOL

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:38 AM
the acid is gel...lol....acid is acid honey.

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:39 AM
the acid is gel...lol....acid is acid honey.

acid is honey ?? can I eat it ?? :D

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:41 AM
that was a good one. i'll bring an extra tow strap next time i ride, just in case. since apparently we totally needed another idiot like you in the world.

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:41 AM
UPDATE......DISCLAIMER..

mounting the battery upfront puts one at the severe risk of smashing the battery and having acid spray onto ones face and then having ones face meltoff...

{

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:48 AM
i hope that eventually your breed of waste of skin people eventually dies off...because riding would be a whole lot more enjoyable without people like you. i dont mind towing people in or helping people out when something breaks. but when they are as dumb as you, its a waste of time. because you'll always come up with some kind of idiot idea of mounting or fixing something.

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:49 AM
dont say we didn't tell you so.

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:50 AM

sounds like you ride with or know some very talented riders...bumpers smahed flat against their frames..LOLOL....

of course they probably ran head on into your forehead...that would crush anything made of steel...LOLOL

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:53 AM
i hope that eventually your breed of waste of skin people eventually dies off...because riding would be a whole lot more enjoyable without people like you. i dont mind towing people in or helping people out when something breaks. but when they are as dumb as you, its a waste of time. because you'll always come up with some kind of idiot idea of mounting or fixing something.

hmmm..sounds like you are making a " racist" statement there....

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:55 AM
no i see a lot of "talented riders" like yourself....lets just face it there are only a few of us that actually got into the sport and did some research and taught ourselves how to work on our own bikes....unfortunately some of us just haven't quite evolved... i think its funny you made a crack about something "running into my forehead" twice. i think its also funny that i'm about to make a crack about how the reason why the idea to put your battery in the front of your bike popped into your head was simply because all of us know that having no common sense and no hair on your peaches goes hand in hand.

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:57 AM
shouldnt you be on " my space" . com at this time of the day? ..or playing with your webcam

lol......

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:58 AM
hmmm..sounds like you are making a " racist" statement there....

i didn't say anything about the color of skin...i was referring to the fact that your personality definately wasn't worth wasting skin on.

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
shouldnt you be on " my space" . com at this time of the day? ..

lol......

shouldn't you be on www.isuckmydaddysweiner.com this time of day?

rumme
01-09-2007, 08:59 AM
i didn't say anything about the color of skin...i was referring to the fact that your personality definately wasn't worth wasting skin on.

so you dont like my personality?....darn...I so wantyed to impress a " self proclaimed" bad az z *** sweetie like yourself..

rumme
01-09-2007, 09:01 AM
shouldn't you be on www.isuckmydaddysweiner.com this time of day?

they shut that website down..

maybe I could go to your myspace.com website since im so bored...LOL

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 09:02 AM
apparently you wanted to impress someone with your brilliant idea to put a battery in the front of a bike.....your ignorance just happened to backfire.

ImplodedMindZ
01-09-2007, 09:08 AM
did u ever get any pictures, im qurious to see the mounting and wantnot?

rumme
01-09-2007, 09:09 AM
apparently you wanted to impress someone with your brilliant idea to put a battery in the front of a bike.....your ignorance just happened to backfire.

it has impressed me...and thats all that matters...

and besides, Ive gotten 2 messages from people on here that want me to send them pictures of this modification..

looks like you have been caught yet another errouneous statement....

now go play on myspace.com with your 15 year old friends...

they are much easier to impress..:p :p

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
a whole whopping 2 that want to do it to..and like 10 that said not to....there a whole lot more idiots in this world than i thought there were.

rumme
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by ImplodedMindZ
did u ever get any pictures, im qurious to see the mounting and wantnot?

will try and take pictures tonite.....have a few others that have asked me to send them pictures too....

just remember..your gonna break alot of zip ties..even though you dont use any in the first place .. LOLOLOL

rumme
01-09-2007, 09:12 AM
a whole whopping 2 that want to do it to..and like 10 that said not to....there a whole lot more idiots in this world than i thought there were.

you mean you just realized your an idiot to..??

thank God for your insightfullness

ImplodedMindZ
will try and take pictures tonite.....have a few others that have asked me to send them pictures too....

just remember..your gonna break alot of zip ties..even though you dont use any in the first place .. LOLOLOL

I have no urge to relocate my battery to that location. i already have a UM battery box. I along w/ everyone else dont really think its a wise idea. But still am qurious to see the mounting

Youse two should get a room or sumpthin'....

ImplodedMindZ
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Yeah but then the rest of us wouldnt be so entertained by their conversation.

rumme
01-09-2007, 09:14 AM

LOL....

shes to clever for me......

as long as she pulls me out of the woods when my battery gets crushed...

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 09:17 AM
no i'm talking about the 2 idiots that want to see how you put your battery at the front of your bike. i am definately not an idiot. thank god i'm smart enough to know that....we can't hope so much for you. also...there is no way in hell i would ever get a room with this pinhead.

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 09:20 AM
hell no i'm not pulling your *** out. i would've if you hadn't revealed how dumb you are. but we all know thats hard for you to hide....its okay for you to be simple minded....just as long as you're not riding or touching my bike in anyway you can do whatever the hell you want with yours. you just might take the friendly advice all of us are giving you and not put it there.

sonny1979
01-09-2007, 10:50 AM
LOL. This thread has surely cracked me up. Rumme, you've been pretty humorous in your responses to all the naysayers here. I personally feel if it works for you, then more power to you. And it is good to try new things out.

01-09-2007, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by ImplodedMindZ
Yeah but then the rest of us wouldnt be so entertained by their conversation.

Good point....

rumme
01-09-2007, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by sonny1979
LOL. This thread has surely cracked me up. Rumme, you've been pretty humorous in your responses to all the naysayers here. I personally feel if it works for you, then more power to you. And it is good to try new things out.

yeah...I try and take life with a grain of salt...ecspecially when it comes to naysayers who lie and make up things to support their opinions { like talking about plastic zip ties breaking with a battery mod..and there wasnt even any plastic zip ties used in the mod itself..LOL}

rumme
01-09-2007, 11:04 AM

if I wanted to try and impress people...I could always start a website on myspace.com ...like you ..LOL....

hopefully our goverment will start a mandatory draft ..then you will have less time to make up lies or post pictures of you and your childish friends on myspace..:D

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 11:10 AM
okay, one i have a myspace, and i rarely use it. it is good to try new things, but you should really think things through, for safetys sake. seriously. i don't even know why i try. i could give a damn what happens to you.

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 11:14 AM
also....you sort of remind me of the idiots at the dunes that drag sofas behind their buggys or quads....or maybe the guys that run around with nothing but a sock on, and definately not on their foot. just a thought.

rumme
01-09-2007, 11:20 AM
also....you sort of remind me of the idiots at the dunes that drag sofas behind their buggys or quads....or maybe the guys that run around with nothing but a sock on, and definately on their foot. just a thought.

I would LOVE to try and drag a sofa behind my ATV..as long as you were sitting on it :D :D

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 11:23 AM
haha.....nice try. why am i still arguing with you??

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 11:24 AM
also, i highly doubt that women will be drafted...ever.

rumme
01-09-2007, 12:55 PM
Well..I must humbly admit I was wrong and everyone else was right..I just came back from a hour long ride and things went really bad ...heres what happened:

I tryed to do a jump but because of the 4lbs of battery weight now mounted in the front, I miscaculated the inertia and physics of the jump and flipped the bike..

then I hit a big rut and the "imaginary" plastic zip ties all came loose

then I hit some stupid teenager { it was a girl} head on at 45 m.p.h with the front of my bumper and the front of her forehead
{ it didnt hurt her one bit...she said shes had it happen many times before} . It smashed the bumper flat agasint the bike and crushed the battery. The acid came flying out and every drop of it landed on my face and my face melted off...GOD I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS..

but I was warned this would happen..I just was to unwise to heed the knowledge..

:huh :huh :huh :huh :huh

01-09-2007, 01:37 PM
Told ya so.

Dork.

exsweetie66
01-09-2007, 01:39 PM
wow.....you should write books or something....

HondaSkidoo
01-09-2007, 05:21 PM
This is the best fricken post I've read in a long time. I'm laughing so hard I have tears running down my face. Forget the picture of the dumb mod, I want to see a picture of exsweetie66. Shes a spunky one. :D

rumme
01-09-2007, 07:30 PM
keep an eye out for my next mod..

gonna mount the fuel tank towards the back.... right on top of the muffler...

BigFish
01-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by HondaSkidoo
This is the best fricken post I've read in a long time. I'm laughing so hard I have tears running down my face. Forget the picture of the dumb mod, I want to see a picture of exsweetie66. Shes a spunky one. :D

I'm going to have to agree w/ u on that one.

rumme
01-09-2007, 09:47 PM
just got done welding a set of brackets to my handlebars...to hold a pair of extra tires in case I get a flat out in the woods...even welded a tire changing machine to the back rack and may setup a tire changing stand on the trails...15 bux a tire...and if its a dumb girl that has a myspace.com webiste...50 bux a tire

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH/....

atvRiDa400ex
01-09-2007, 10:41 PM
so i was wondering exactly what moving your battery to the front of your bike will do?

--other than making it easier to take and put on rear plastics.

BTW.

can i get one of them handle bar tire holders??

LOL

HAHA

01-10-2007, 05:02 AM
just got done welding a set of brackets to my handlebars...to hold a pair of extra tires in case I get a flat out in the woods...even welded a tire changing machine to the back rack and may setup a tire changing stand on the trails...15 bux a tire...and if its a dumb girl that has a myspace.com webiste...50 bux a tire

OH YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH/....

I think a better mod would be to re-route the exhaust to where the battery used to be to replace the weight decrease on the left side caused from moving the battery up front.

:blah:

rumme
01-10-2007, 05:04 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by atvRiDa400ex
[B]so i was wondering exactly what moving your battery to the front of your bike will do?

--other than making it easier to take and put on rear plastics.

MANY MANY THINGS...

it allows the battery to be crushed and acid to squirt all over my face and melt my face

it allows me to go to the hardware store every week and buy parts that have broken because of such a dumb mod

it allows me to buy new plastic zip ties every time I ride becasue they always break

it allows me to reposition the 4lbs of battery weight upfront so it totally changes the residual physics behind the theory of " jumping"

thats just a few of the positives...who could ask for more?

then of course it also allows :

1. the fenders to go on easily on the 1st try each and every time

2. saves one money by not making them spend $180 on some aluminum aftermarket airbox

3. repositions the battery so theres no work involved in getting to it for maintenance,replacement or diagnosis

4. makes it easy to clean and inspect the battery after each ride

5. pisses off stupid teenager girls that have their own webiste on myspace.com and are craving for attention...this alone is worth it to me to do the mod :D :D

rumme
01-10-2007, 05:05 AM
I think a better mod would be to re-route the exhaust to where the battery used to be to replace the weight decrease on the left side caused from moving the battery up front.

:blah:

hey..I like that idea....time to break out the welder again :cool: :cool:

Eviltanker
01-10-2007, 06:54 AM
Hey rumme, Your Idea was neat and people should look for better ways to do things. It may not please all people but it wasn't for them but,next time you get an awsome Idea, deffinetly share it . And please don't bring the draft thing up. Makes me sick everytime thinking that I would have to work with a bunch of oxygen thieves. Thank you but the Army has enough of those already. LOL Anyways keep up the work like I said just because not everyone likes it doesn't mean it will not work. Seen alot of things that didn't look right but worked good.

katch26
01-10-2007, 07:20 AM
I like the fact that he's thinking outside the box...he had an idea tried it , liked it and shared it, thats what forums are all about. If you choose to do it to your bike, more power to you, if not...oh well. I would have to agree with him that theres really no ill effects to mounting the battery up front. If he hits a tree hard enough to crush the frame than the battery, no matter where its mounted, would be useless anyways seeing as how youve effectively totaled the quad anyways.

01-10-2007, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by katch26
I like the fact that he's thinking outside the box....

Now YER a punny guy...."thinking outside the (air) box...."

LOL

01-10-2007, 07:40 AM
hey..I like that idea....time to break out the welder again :cool: :cool:

But what are we gonna move to where the exhaust USED to be to replace THAT weight?

:ermm:

Hey - I got it!!!!!!!!!!!! Let's move the battery there.

LOL

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 08:36 AM
i am a spunky one, as for the pictures, i'm at work and photobucket is blocked, so i can't get my pictures up. but as soon as my pink frame, hubs and sprocket come back from the powdercoaters and i get my new plastics and stuff, i'll be sure to take new ones. also, on another note....i like to actually use aftermarket parts instead of rigging things up. i'm not bashing on ANYBODY. i would just rather things look as professional and clean as possible. My boyfriend and i have been working really hard at trying to get new sponsors this year, and lets face it, if you don't have a good looking bike that runs well is dependable, and looks professional, no one is going to want you to represent them. Which i'm sure not all of you are out to get sponsors. just some friendly advice ya know??? also, all this rigging things up has got me inspired lets use bungee cords to attach our beer helmets to the handlebars, so when you're riding and it falls off it wont break, and maybe you could use some kind of weights to balance it so your beer doesn't spill. just kidding.....:D

Eviltanker
01-10-2007, 09:14 AM
You guy's and girl kill me! haven't had this much fun without ending up in handcuffs in a while.

rumme
01-10-2007, 09:21 AM
whats really funny is that if I were out riding with a bunch of people....you wouldnt even really notice that the battery is upfront inside the bumper unless someone was really looking the bike over . The battery sits down in the front bumper so nicely and then I cut out a piece of diamond plate aluminum that I had, adn mounted it to the front of the bumper for further protection and this also covers any openings from the front so that you cant even see the battery sitting down in there...
works for me !!!!!!

yes, that is the idea of these forums.. to share new ideas and info. I had never sen anyone suggest or try to do this type of mod, but I had seen numerous threads of people complaining about the placement of the battery from the factory..

I realize theres gonna be some replys by people who think they are racing superstars and they will try and criticize just because they like to criticize...In fact, the only negaitve to this whole mod IMHO is that if I do hit a tree head on at 40 m.p.h..the battery will get damaged...big deal...because theres gonna be 50 other things that gets more damaged..like the frame, handlebars, and my bones/body...

what is really funny is that there are so many people who are unable to just say :

" well this idea/modification wont work for them...but it may work for others" .....

instead, they have to act like goofballs...but hey..I had fun playing the game with them :eek2: :eek2: and it made some people smile...

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 09:24 AM
i laughed so hard i peed...just kidding. but i was laughing so hard i cried.

Eviltanker
01-10-2007, 09:47 AM
Your alright RUMME. just keep doin what your doin. I'm a trail rider myself and thats it. I will never race so I am interested to hear ideas good or bad at least it's an idea.

01-10-2007, 11:08 AM
OK, this thread contains FAR too much "getting along" now.... I'm leaving.

Eviltanker
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Your killin Dude.... Don't worry I don't group hug. And you are seing a rarity of me being nice.

rumme
01-10-2007, 11:15 AM
OK, this thread contains FAR too much "getting along" now.... I'm leaving.

dont worry..I wont allow the friendship to go on for to long...Ive got a brand new welder and a list of ATV mods a mile long..

it may be my mission in life to do mods that piss people off on this forum...

I ACCEPT THY MISSION ;) :p

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 11:35 AM
good luck. we know whos bike will smoke whos....considering yours is all off balance now.:rolleyes:

rumme
01-10-2007, 11:42 AM
good luck. we know whos bike will smoke whos....considering yours is all off balance now.:rolleyes:

agreed..that 4lbs thats now mounted towards my front end is gonna bring my top speed down to around 24 mph in 5th gear...

of course...its not always just the bike that makes someone ride well...

you should know this all to well.. since you have claimed how some of the people you hang with have smashed their front bumper flat agaisnt their ATV frame.....Having a ATV thats all tricked out and does 70+ mph is quite useless if the rider cant avoid running head on into trees or other stationary objects :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 11:44 AM
i totally agree. i guess only time will tell.

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 11:45 AM
i hope you like getting passed by a girl.

rumme
01-10-2007, 11:46 AM
on a side note...

I recently ordered a AVENIR collapsble tire pump off ebay..

it cost less then $20 and is less then 8" in length and only weighs about 16 ozs...

its great insurance to carry in the woods on ones ATV in case of a flat...

its kind of cool because unlike many other manual air pumps, it actually pumps air into the tire as you pull and push on the pump....and its very smalll and lightweight....

I was gonna go with the CO2 cartridge style pumps..but then I dont liek the idea of having to buy C02 cartridges repeatedly..

rumme
01-10-2007, 11:49 AM
i hope you like getting passed by a girl.

actually, theres only one thing I like getting " done" by a girl...but since this is a family friendly forum..I wont go there...SWEETIE PIE ...but the formation of the mouth on this face should give you an idea :.look below

:o :o :o :o

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 11:51 AM
to bad your peter is so small no girl will touch it. lol:D

rumme
01-10-2007, 11:52 AM
to bad your peter is so small no girl will touch it. must suck for you.

it isnt the size of the peter..girly girl..

its the stupidity of ones ATV mods that gets the chicks...

and for that..I rank #1

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 12:01 PM
fat hillbilly chicks with like 2 teeth maybe (i mean if you're into that, the more power to you) but as for any blonde bombshell chicks with hot bods and huge bazookas, i doubt you could land one. some hot chick isn't gonna want to ride on something that looks like you bought half the "parts" at the dollar store.

rumme
01-10-2007, 12:12 PM
fat hillbilly chicks with like 2 teeth maybe (i mean if you're into that, the more power to you) but as for any blonde bombshell chicks with hot bods and huge bazookas, i doubt you could land one. some hot chick isn't gonna want to ride on something that looks like you bought half the "parts" at the dollar store.

the last fat hillbilly girl I was with had 3 teeth..so you are wrong again....but you are good at something at least...BEING WRONG :D :D

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 12:17 PM
but i did get it right that shes fat and a hillbilly. hey, it's progress that you were ever even with a girl. keep trying scooter, one day someone will love you for being the ingnorant wee little man that you are.

BOOSTED2V
01-10-2007, 12:32 PM

THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
Originally posted by BOOSTED2V
THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS

only you rumme could appreciate her beauty

01-10-2007, 12:57 PM
but i did get it right that shes fat and a hillbilly. hey, it's progress that you were ever even with a girl. keep trying scooter, one day someone will love you for being the ingnorant wee little man that you are.

That's more like it....picking back up in here.

BTW, 66 -

Have any of your boyfriends ever committed suicide?

:devil: :devil: :devil:

:D :D :D

HondaSkidoo
01-10-2007, 12:59 PM
I think we want the picture of the other discribed woman. Maybe you?:D

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 01:00 PM
That's more like it....picking back up in here.

BTW, 66 -

Have any of your boyfriends ever committed suicide?

:devil: :devil: :devil:

:D :D :D

not yet. actually he adores me.

rumme
01-10-2007, 01:12 PM
not yet. actually he adores me.

yeah...wait till he marrys your stupid ***...

and no, that picture of a fat hillbilly does not look like my last woman..my last woman was heavier..

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 01:28 PM
we've been together for 3 years, i think he knows what he's getting into. and we're young 19 and 21, we have awhile before we have to start getting concerned with getting married.

rumme
01-10-2007, 01:45 PM
we've been together for 3 years, i think he knows what he's getting into. and we're young 19 and 21, we have awhile before we have to start getting concerned with getting married.

well..when you decide to tie the knot..let me know and Ill come to your wedding...

my wedding gift to you will be pictures and instructions on how to do my patented battery modification...

YOUR IN LAWS WILL LOVE IT

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 01:48 PM
can't you just get us some sheets, or towels or something????? i mean no one really wants instructions on how to do that you know....

soda7o
01-10-2007, 01:50 PM
this is the best thread by far keep me coming..

rumme
01-10-2007, 02:15 PM
can't you just get us some sheets, or towels or something????? i mean no one really wants instructions on how to do that you know....

yes, I could buy you some towels and sheets..BUT ONLY if you promise to tie them all together lengthwise and make a noose and try to recreate Saddam Husseins hanging trick on yourself...

exsweetie66
01-10-2007, 02:22 PM
you wish. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings by asking for sheets rather than what you suggested. No need to be bitter. i know it must be painful for you to know that you will never get a decent looking girl into your sheets....or do hillbillys use sheets???do they use burlap sacks instead???thats improvising eh???:D

rumme
01-10-2007, 03:11 PM
you wish. i didn't mean to hurt your feelings by asking for sheets rather than what you suggested. No need to be bitter. i know it must be painful for you to know that you will never get a decent looking girl into your sheets....or do hillbillys use sheets???do they use burlap sacks instead???thats improvising eh???:D

wrong again..there is a need for me to be " bitter" ..

everyone laughed at my battery mod...my plastic zip ties keep breaking and I will never get a decent looking girl...

ohhh, the agony of being me..:rolleyes:

Eviltanker
01-10-2007, 05:31 PM
I think you two ought to take this show on the road. This is better than half the comedians out there.

rumme
01-10-2007, 05:53 PM
I cant go on the road...

Im getting a new job as a proffesional battery relocater for 400exs....

IM GONNA BE RICHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

01-11-2007, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Eviltanker
I think you two ought to take this show on the road. This is better than half the comedians out there.

Or just go ahead and get married, cuz they fight just like an old married couple.

Eviltanker
01-11-2007, 05:54 AM
Sounds like a plan.

flauge
01-11-2007, 07:43 AM
Omfg, ya'll are a trip. haha. This is the best thread ive seen in a while:p

exsweetie66
01-11-2007, 07:58 AM
i would never marry someone like that. i marry people with common sense....like me :D

BOOSTED2V
01-11-2007, 08:06 AM
i would never marry someone like that. i marry people with common sense....like me :D

You would never marry someone like who???.....

blown331
01-11-2007, 09:02 AM
wow, didn't this thread turn into a battle of the sexes.

I think rumme & exsweetie need to have a biker build showdown...

Exsweetie, do you actually work on your ATV? Or is hubby responsible for the wrench turning?

exsweetie66
01-11-2007, 09:15 AM
well i know how to use tools. i also know the basics, like changing my own oil (in my car and quad), changing my wheels and tires, breaking the bead off and onto wheels, taking off my plastic. on stuff i dont know how to do, usually he just gives me a ratchet or whatever and tells me loosen and take off this or tighten this. but i am there, and I help during 95% of the bike work. But i'm still learing. He wants me to learn how to do all of it, and thats why we bought a 400ex, because they are so easy to work on.

exsweetie66
01-11-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by BOOSTED2V
You would never marry someone like who???.....
like rumme. i would never even consider hanging out with the kid.

blown331
01-11-2007, 09:21 AM
well i know how to use tools. i also know the basics, like changing my own oil (in my car and quad), changing my wheels and tires, breaking the bead off and onto wheels, taking off my plastic. on stuff i dont know how to do, usually he just gives me a ratchet or whatever and tells me loosen and take off this or tighten this. but i am there, and I help during 95% of the bike work. But i'm still learing. He wants me to learn how to do all of it, and thats why we bought a 400ex, because they are so easy to work on.

that's sweet... that's how my wife is.. she loves wrenching on things

exsweetie66
01-11-2007, 09:27 AM
sometimes i have to be in the mood to work on it. he's always in the mood to tinker with the bikes. then he gets angry because i'm not learning anything or helping with my bike. he says, "i'm not your damn personal mechanic!!!" lol. its kind of cute. but its kind of nice that we have that big of a common interest.

blown331
01-11-2007, 09:37 AM
He sounds exactly like me. I always want her watching while I wrench so she can learn.. on the atv she always helps.. on the mustangs she kind of stays away because if something goes wrong I usually get pissed lol

ive been working on keeping it mellow though

oh yea... my wifes recreational car is a stroked (302 to 331) small block mustang cobra... she has no problems getting it plenty sideways.. I couldn't be with her if we didnt share the love of motorsports :)

BOOSTED2V
01-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by blown331
He sounds exactly like me. I always want her watching while I wrench so she can learn.. on the atv she always helps.. on the mustangs she kind of stays away because if something goes wrong I usually get pissed lol

ive been working on keeping it mellow though

oh yea... my wifes recreational car is a stroked (302 to 331) small block mustang cobra... she has no problems getting it plenty sideways.. I couldn't be with her if we didnt share the love of motorsports :)

Did you buy the 331 kit from DSS Racing... If so I prolly help build it I used to work there. Heres my old car and motor I built... then I recently totaled my car street racing. :(

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/rearshotofcar.jpghttp://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/.jpg
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/mydssmotor-1.jpghttp://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/15psi.jpg

Back on topic.... Thats cool EXsweetie that you work on your own car. My girlfriend watches me and helps when I build my mustang and her mustang. And she rides a 06' Raptor 700!!! Gotta love those HOT tom boy chicks!!! :D

My car and my girls... Not bad for only 21 and 18yrs old

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/mycarandannies2.jpg

BOOSTED2V
01-11-2007, 10:10 AM
Back on topic again... Were the h*** are these picks of this front mount battery relocation kit????

THIS THREAD NEED MORE PICS!!!! LOL

BOOSTED2V
01-11-2007, 10:15 AM
Crappy camera phone video.... Do you think the battery would fall on my head if I attempt a hillclimb or rip a wheelie??? LOL http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/th_Hillclimb.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/?action=view&current=Hillclimb.flv)

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/400EX.jpg

exsweetie66
01-11-2007, 10:43 AM
believe me i make a good tom boy but i am girly as hell. if its gonna be a 4 wheeler its gonna be pink. as for riding, i always atleast wear mascara....and chapstick. i also wear make up when we hunt. lol.

blown331
01-11-2007, 02:48 PM
nah, i wouldn't buy dss stuff... We built the 331 ourselves. My wifes dad owns a performance shop so we have access to a lot of machine goodies :)

idro
01-11-2007, 06:13 PM
since we are all postin' pics of stangs, i'll chime in. :cool:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a115/idro/IMG_0233.jpg

blown331
01-11-2007, 06:45 PM
heres the wifeys car

http://www.glennsperformance.com/img/95cobrahood.jpg
http://www.glennsperformance.com/img/95cobrarear.jpg

01-12-2007, 05:31 AM
Originally posted by idro

How do you haul your quad with that thing?

:ermm:

:D

BOOSTED2V
01-12-2007, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by idro

Thats kinda scary... LOL its like the replica of my car.... I had the Satin 03' Cobra rims on my car too the night I crashed it... But then I threw the old bullitt rims on for the junkyard

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/mycarwreck.jpg

Heres a shot of my motor just after I got it all finished and dyno tunded. This same night is when I totaled it...

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/Motorincar.jpg

BOOSTED2V
01-12-2007, 06:40 AM
And since were posting pics of SN95's here's my 94' that I just sold to my girlfriends little brother....

I know I should've kept this one... rare Opal Frost color

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f193/BOOSTED2V/MY94.jpg

blown331
01-12-2007, 08:11 AM
lol, supercharger goes on, and you wreck it? OUCH!

BOOSTED2V
01-12-2007, 08:27 AM
You made me sound like a retard or somethin' LOL J/K

Actually it was supercharged for about a year and a half before I wrecked it... LOL This was just my 3rd engine and 2nd built motor that I had. I blew the stock one and the first built bottom end. It wasn't fun... I leaned out on the first 2 motors and this motor I finally had my fuel straightened out. It ran like a raped ape and then I crashed... It was a mid to low 11 second car, I couldn't get it to 60ft with the almost stock suspension.

No I didn't have enough room to shut the car down I when through the quater at 130mph and had about 500-600 ft to stop with bald M/T slicks and a bumpy street that came to a T it wasn't a pretty site....

blown331
01-12-2007, 09:02 AM
ahh man, what a bummer.

LOL I just see a lot of kids (not saying you are i have no idea) that get a blower and boom wreck..

that sucks you didn't have enough shut down room to get her stopped.

We're currently rebuilding our shop car...

just doing a re-ring/hone as we run a race block, big cubes, huge hydraulic roller cam and lots of boost :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1264597317134593120&q=supercharged+mustang&hl=en

theres a quick couple of burnouts.. We made 957 rwhp 811 ft-lbs of torque @ 6,700 @ 16#'s of boost :)

BOOSTED2V
01-12-2007, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by blown331
ahh man, what a bummer.

LOL I just see a lot of kids (not saying you are i have no idea) that get a blower and boom wreck..

that sucks you didn't have enough shut down room to get her stopped.

We're currently rebuilding our shop car...

just doing a re-ring/hone as we run a race block, big cubes, huge hydraulic roller cam and lots of boost :)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=1264597317134593120&q=supercharged+mustang&hl=en

theres a quick couple of burnouts.. We made 957 rwhp 811 ft-lbs of torque @ 6,700 @ 16#'s of boost :)

I hear ya there most kids are retarded like that cause there parents buy them everything and they don't appreciate sh**.

I've had 5 stangs and I'm only 21 and I've built them all with my own money and by myself. So I'm not stupid when it comes to cars and driving them.

That fox video is sick!!! I wish I still kept my fox body cars. I had 2 of them and there so cheap, fun, and fast.

idro
01-12-2007, 01:20 PM
sucks man, but ya gotta know the track you're racing on. :/

my local track sucks too, but we have another half mile to stop after the 1/4 end. but its really bumpy so i know what you mean about bumps hindering you on your slicks. I was running skinnys up front and dont dare slam on my brakes on bumps like that.

400exMO
01-12-2007, 06:50 PM
I think rumme does to much of this :bandit:.
Never had to replace a broken part, and I didn't have to learn how to rejump.

Where's my battery?:confused: :eek:

Ncboost
01-12-2007, 09:36 PM
I miss my coupe.:(

ImplodedMindZ
01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by 400exMO

up front under the plastics :D

HondaSkidoo
01-13-2007, 07:01 AM

I noticed you don't have a rear swing arm skid, Do you think they are not needed? Thanks

rumme
01-13-2007, 07:21 AM

inside the tire ? .......good job...it cant get wet or dirty in there and the rubber tires ensure you wont get an electric shock if the battery shorts out

j450rking
01-13-2007, 06:53 PM
this is were i relocated my battery