PDA

View Full Version : Give gas and dies!!!

Jmiller
01-07-2007, 09:57 PM
I just recently got a 2000 banshee not to familar with the 2 strokes have a raptor also....But the problem is my banshee starts up and idles fine but when you go to give it gas it just boggs out and dies, even if you just ease on the throttle. I have taken the carbs off and cleaned the jets a couple were clogged, and also replaced the seal around the carb intake. Can someone help me...

Jmiller
01-07-2007, 10:00 PM
anyone think it could be cdi box

project_tecate
01-08-2007, 05:17 PM
its prob your TORS system. Do a search and you will see how to disable it. Completely useless thing yamaha decided to put on the quad

Jmiller
01-14-2007, 12:19 PM
anyone think it could be the cdi box i took one plug out and started it up and wheni give it gas it kills the spark

project_tecate
01-14-2007, 12:53 PM
did you remove your TORS system or what? Normally when the cdi or ignition coil go. one of 2 things happens. The bike wont fire up at all or it will fire up but when a load is present like trying to ride it, it will cut out on ya. Normally it would REV fine in neutral if they are going bad but cut out when trying to actually ride. Or it just wont fire up at all so this is why I'm telling you to check your TORS system

Jmiller
01-14-2007, 10:15 PM
Sorry i tried to find out about the TORS system but couldnt find nething out could you send me a link on how to remove it. thanks

broncogurl
01-15-2007, 12:27 AM
Make sure your throttle cables aren't binding up. My boyfriend had that problem when he had two carbs on his Banshee. He would go to give it gas and the throttle cable wouldn't return all the way to the normal position and the TORS would kill it.

By the way, if you want to learn anything about a Banshee then you should really go look at www.BansheeHQ.com

blasterandy
01-15-2007, 08:00 AM
Alright open up your carb(s) one at a time and look in em. I remember when i had my blaster it jiggled loose a main jet and fell out and was just sitting in the bottom of the float bowl(check one at a time and as your going through them clean em out. That had it before you may have put the main jet in there and not snuged it down firmly. It did the same exact thing.

Jmiller
01-16-2007, 07:36 AM
Thanks alot for everyone that helped me, it turned out to be the TORS system, those things are junk. but thanks again

project_tecate
01-20-2007, 06:08 PM
told ya, lol

glad you got it worked out