PDA

View Full Version : raptor elka shocks...problems?

2strokescreamer
01-07-2007, 09:32 PM
i have an 05 yamaha raptor 660 and i bought elka rec. shocks for my raptor and they are horrible. Im not sure if they are valved wrong or what, but my stock shocks were a lot better. I bought them as epic front end kit, and i rode with the stock shocks on there for a while because it took longer for me to get the shocks and they worked fine with the stockers. When i put the elkas on it handles horrible, they dont rebound..when u push down or up on the front end it stays in the position it doesnt compress back, they are stiff as boards, i mean it sends a very disconforting jolt to your wrists when coming down from a wheelie. Im not sure what the problem is whether my shocks are valved wrong or it is something with my a-arms? what should i do or what do u think the problem is? your help would be greatly appreciated.

mxraptor149
01-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Call Elka and explain this to them. It's possible the shocks are valved incorrectly, or setup for the wrong weight/riding style. I'm sure if you ship the shocks to them they can diagnose the problem, if there is one, and fix it for you.

You said they're too stiff, but you said they don't rebound either. Are they leaking oil? I'm not sure what your problem is.