PDA

View Full Version : kickstarter?

kbrown
01-07-2007, 08:01 PM
Anyone have any word on a kickstarter for this beast so I can get rid of some electrical maybe?

05Z400rdr
01-07-2007, 08:14 PM
good question...idk if theyre out in the public yet, but i know jeremiah jones was testing one out at some races. like when i went to budds creek this past season, jeremiah had 1 on a doug gust had electric....(jeremiah got 1st in both motos and overall) lol

CdaleXtreme
01-08-2007, 08:26 AM
They should be available to the public within the next 6 to 8 weeks.

kbrown
01-08-2007, 09:47 AM
No doubt Im gonna get one since they always start right up.

ST87
01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
With the kick start will you be able to remove the battery?? I ask this because when you turn the key on you can hear the EFI at least I think that is what it is that makes the real quiet hum and time before when I have left my key on and my battery died :ermm: and i would try to pull it off it would fire then just bog down like it wasnt getting gas which led me to beleive that you have to have the battery goin to get the EFI going????? If not why wont it just start up when I pull it off.

05Z400rdr
01-08-2007, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by ST87
With the kick start will you be able to remove the battery?? I ask this because when you turn the key on you can hear the EFI at least I think that is what it is that makes the real quiet hum and time before when I have left my key on and my battery died :ermm: and i would try to pull it off it would fire then just bog down like it wasnt getting gas which led me to beleive that you have to have the battery goin to get the EFI going????? If not why wont it just start up when I pull it off.

thats what i didnt get, like how the fuel injection n the cherry bomb/pim/fimak/whatever works w/out the battery...maybe they work because of the alternator?.. cuz its obviously possible cuz jones had it on his testing it out

ST87
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Originally posted by 05Z400rdr
thats what i didnt get, like how the fuel injection n the cherry bomb/pim/fimak/whatever works w/out the battery...maybe they work because of the alternator?.. cuz its obviously possible cuz jones had it on his testing it out

But was the battery removed.. I know it seems kind of a silly question because what would be the point in the kick start and still having the battery other than a back up start.. Im really curious about this because Id love to get rid of my battery but theres so much electrical that even if you can remove it. it seems like it would be a lengthy process to rewire every thing or maybe i just dont know anything..I dont know :confused:

Quady
01-09-2007, 05:55 AM
I would really like to relocate the battery instead of removing it!!! :D

fast300ex59
01-09-2007, 01:20 PM
you can probally get the dirt bike 450 kickstarter i think it will fit in the ltr motor

HiperEX
01-09-2007, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by fast300ex59
you can probally get the dirt bike 450 kickstarter i think it will fit in the ltr motor

wrong people have tried i know cernics has one in the works i believe they siad it would be out sometime in february