01-07-2007, 09:43 PM
if they both have the same mod's
stock/stock
pipe/pipe
ect, ect

the 450 is going to win every time.

CHEVYZ
01-08-2007, 04:23 AM
A well built 416 can take stock and slightly modified 450s.

bigH
01-08-2007, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by CHEVYZ
A well built 416 can take stock and slightly modified 450s.

what do u mean by well built??????????

bayou boy
01-08-2007, 05:14 PM
JE 10:8:1 piston, hot cam stg 2, good head work, good exhaust & carb and cdi will do the job against stock and mildly modded 450. one of many.....

Chin_Chilla
01-08-2007, 05:38 PM
^^^^^NICE THATS WHAT I LIKE TO SEE^^^^^

CHEVYZ
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by bigH
what do u mean by well built?????????? By well built I mean a bike that was built correctly with parts to hold up and perform. If you build your bike with cruddy parts and don't research as to what will work best for you, you bike is just not going to run like it should. On the other hand, if you build your bike well, you can have one heck of a quad.

I frequently ride with Bayou Boy, and I am here to say that his bike rips. It tears alot of 450s something else. Keep in mind that he researched alot and made his decisions based on what he was looking for, which includes quality. In the end I think that it pays off well!

bayou boy
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
like he said above...choose your parts wisely. for example new years weekend we went on a ride where they do lots of sand drags....well they had a guy there that had a 502ex...so he said. but anyway it was a turd....a huge one i repeatedly waxed him....even lined up behind him and let him go first....same rusult. example of poor part selection. I also waxed quite a few stock and piped 450's i have also run 440's that were turds.....not to say they all are but it all goes to part selection...choose wisely. my total mod list is 10:8:1 je 87mm. thin gaskets, hot cam old stg 2, C&D head work, 39mm fcr, sparks 6 degree advance key, magnum cdi, HMF sport series full system, crf timing chain (durability) hinson basket with gt thunder 8 disc clutch (gets the power to the ground) with a 50/50 mix C12 and premium. open airbox with 175 mj. this combo works well. all in all is it worth it? yes and no. it is fun to be the under dog and come out on top.... not to mention it get them talking but then again i made a few passes on my friends piped cammed and a few other things done 450 and was like this is where its at. smooth fast revving power. i love my 416 but i know it is time to move up. the 450 is a much better platform to start from. do alot of searching in the power train section they have tons of old info that is priceless in deciding what parts to buy. just remember to pick your parts according to what you want your quad to do. good luck:)