PDA

View Full Version : How Reliable No B.s

400exrider989
01-07-2007, 07:02 PM
i live in canada yay lol theres gonna be an 07 banshee and i might look at one how reliable are the stock banshees and are the newer ones more reliable? also how reliable with a pipe filter and jetted? last one how often do you have to do a rebuild?

thanks alot

01-07-2007, 07:57 PM
thats like asking how long will someone live? It obviously depends on the life they live and how much they work out, what they eat...etc....but a stock basnshee is relieable, and with just pipe filter and dialed in, it will be very relieable....i would get a new filter anyways, the stock set up isnt very good

400exrider989
01-07-2007, 08:01 PM
anything help works
thanks

400exrider989
01-07-2007, 08:01 PM
anything help works
thanks

banshee84
01-07-2007, 10:25 PM
they are prett damn reliable. They have good motors. They need upkeep just like any other atv. The motors last a long time and are easier and cheaper than 4 strokes to rebuild

fordhondarider
01-12-2007, 06:33 AM
I have a 03 banshee and its still the original motor and has good compression.The most important thing I've really found on these 2strokes is to keep them jetted properly.A brand new motor could last less then an hour if its not jetted right.When its cold out rejet,when you add a mod rejet and so on.

bansheexcracer2
01-14-2007, 08:35 AM
if your keep it jetted and run the right amount of oil you will be fine. i have raced on the same motor for 3 years and have had no troubles. i also run a little more oil than what is recomended.

broke
01-14-2007, 09:51 AM
Banshee motors are pretty strong to start with. I tend to find that people that say they aren't reliable can't tune them to save their lives.

2 strokes aren't like 4s. A four stroke will run hot and not pull on top when lean, they will also melt if run like that constantly.

With a 2, you not only starve them for fuel, you also starve them for oil.

Now you have a motor, that is going to run hot from being lean, that also is not getting enough oil. Hot cylinders and combustion chambers will not burn fuel correctly( acts like too much timing advance), let the detonation start and it get's hotter, so the rings are expanding a little too much(still not getting enough oil) and generating more heat, and so on until you either seize or put a hole in the pistons.

400exrider989
01-14-2007, 12:22 PM
a banshee with fuel injection that would work out good

z400roosteR
01-14-2007, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by fordhondarider
I have a 03 banshee and its still the original motor and has good compression.The most important thing I've really found on these 2strokes is to keep them jetted properly.A brand new motor could last less then an hour if its not jetted right.When its cold out rejet,when you add a mod rejet and so on.
You rejet if it's cold out? Wow do you rejet when you get to the top of a big hill cause of the altitude also?:rolleyes:

So you know the 07 will be the same as the 06, i don't know if you guys have different standards emissions and what not so it might be a tad different than the US version but slightly if at all.

They are very reliable as long as you know how to properly ride a two stroke, and maintain it like you would any other machine you paid for.

firefighterjosh
01-14-2007, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by z400roosteR
You rejet if it's cold out? Wow do you rejet when you get to the top of a big hill cause of the altitude also?:rolleyes:

Yes you do reet when it gets cold out.:rolleyes:

Depending on how big the hill is you might have to rejet:p

01-16-2007, 07:46 AM
very reliable just warm up the engine make sure the carbs r clean and filters are clean and mix the gas right and ur good i kno a guy that has had the same banshee with the same engine for 11 years without blowing he has pipes filters jets and thats it stock engine so there very reliable

sandmanblue
01-19-2007, 03:12 PM
Owned one for three years and only rejetted for major elevation changes (500 feet to 8000 feet). Unless you're riding in temps that change 60 degrees F (at the same elevation), you won't need to rejet if you make it a touch on the fat side. Even so, you'd only change the main jet anyway. It's a pain to do with the stock TORS equipped carbs.

Reliability is very high overall.

Use a good quality premix oil and they will last a couple years before needing a new top end.

jrb400ex
01-26-2007, 05:34 PM
a stock banshee is realiable as long as u properly maintain it like u should with any quad. i have one that is bord 60 over 5 mil long rod 22cc domes bigger carbs pro flo filter rocket pipes and various other things. the only problem i had with that was when i wrecked doing a wheelie around 45 50mph. broke the balljoints off some custom made a-arms. but other then take care of it and u should be fine.

bansheerider98
02-10-2007, 07:02 PM
"You rejet if it's cold out? Wow do you rejet when you get to the top of a big hill cause of the altitude also?"

yeah if you dont rejet when its cold out you either foul your pugs alot more then usual or you kill the motor if its that much of a difference between what temp its jetted for and the actual temp, ask a dealer's maitenance crew or a guy who works on these quads alot