View Full Version : which exhaust to buy

atvrider23054
01-07-2007, 04:55 PM
I know there are like a million threads of this but I cant seem to find what I'm looking for. Right now I have the stock exhaust but I want something to make the quad have more tourqe and a good sound. I had a curtis sparks but it was loo loud for where I ride. I was thinking about an HMF or an FMF Q2. Maby even a White brother but im not sure. Whatever I get will need a quiet core and spark arrestor. Also should I get a full or just a S/o? Any suggestions would help.

miller821
01-07-2007, 05:03 PM
HMF or White Brothers E-Series have my vote. HMF is really loud, but you can put in a quiet core and it should make a pretty big difference. The White Bros. is tunable so thats no problem with noise level. As for S/O or full, if you got the money you might as well go with a full, but a S/O will give you good gains just as well.

ida400ex
01-07-2007, 05:12 PM
my cousin has an HMF ironman in his and it is awsome. a definate power gain, looks good, but is loud.

atvrider23054
01-07-2007, 05:21 PM
whats the difference between a S/o and a full? And how do they FMF's compare to the white bros and the HMF's? and whats the quietest?

ride_red666
01-07-2007, 06:42 PM
full systems are more for if you plan on doing engine work. a slip on is fine for a stock motor. but if you have the money id get a full system, never know when your gonna want more power. imo i would get the yoshi r3. its quite with the core in and loud with it out.

hornetgod13
01-07-2007, 07:03 PM
"Which Exhaust to Buy?" and "Jetting Help!" have to be the two top threads on this website. You can search hours worth of old threads on the subjects. Try using the search feature.
Here's a thread from last week that deals with your exhaust question. It has advice, suggestions, and a video clip of an HMF exhaust with a quiet core installed if you want to hear what it sounds like.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=274597

blasterandy
01-07-2007, 07:06 PM
hmf hmf hmf best sounding and most for ur money.

miller821
01-07-2007, 11:22 PM
I do agree with the HMF as stated above, it is a solid and very good pipe.

Originally posted by ride_red666
full systems are more for if you plan on doing engine work. a slip on is fine for a stock motor. but if you have the money id get a full system, never know when your gonna want more power. imo i would get the yoshi r3. its quite with the core in and loud with it out.

I've heard good things about the Yoshi as well, so its definitely something to consider as well.