View Full Version : Car Stereo Question

Sjorge450R
01-07-2007, 04:49 PM
Well I have a quick question. My CD player in my truck hates like everykind of burnt CD's except for the ones my one friend burns so I need to do something. I was looking at a FM transmitter but I hear that they all make static andI dont want static...lol. My radio has AUX plug in the back and I was wondering I get this:http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103865&cp=&origkw=Y+Audio+cable&kw=y+audio+cable&parentPage=search

will I be able to just plug my MP3 player in when want and it will work? I am also open to other ideas.

Steve

enduro400rider
01-07-2007, 08:32 PM
do you have the factory CD player? if you do your best bet is to buy an aftermarket Headunit, alot of them these days have special Ipod/MP3 hook ups, and they will play burnt CDs, you can get them at a very resonable price too, i got a nice Kenwood for my car, for 130 installed. Not only will they play your music but they are louder too, not to mention they will give you the ability to upgrade you sound system, like adding amps and subs but i dont know your style so you might not want to go that far.

Sjorge450R
01-08-2007, 02:53 AM
i already have a aftermarket radio and I also have 2 175w Jenson subs.

Dannys440
01-08-2007, 06:01 AM
If your head unit has the in ports on the back you should be able to plug it in. What i got is the tape drive to headphone jack for our vehicle, and suprisingly it sounds good, except for the fact that dads speaker sucked but that has been changed.

Oh vehicles are:
99 tacoma stock stereo
02 highlander stock stereo(IDK what this thing has in it but DAYM, i cracked one of the mirros on it)

Sjorge450R
01-08-2007, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Dannys440
If your head unit has the in ports on the back you should be able to plug it in. What i got is the tape drive to headphone jack for our vehicle, and suprisingly it sounds good, except for the fact that dads speaker sucked but that has been changed.

Oh vehicles are:
99 tacoma stock stereo
02 highlander stock stereo(IDK what this thing has in it but DAYM, i cracked one of the mirros on it)

yeah I my radio has the AUX ports on the back. I guess I will go get one today and try it.

Sjorge450R
01-08-2007, 12:53 PM
well im going out to my truck to hook this thing up. I'll let you guys know if it works...

Steve