PDA

View Full Version : Quick Carb/Jetting Question

idro
01-07-2007, 03:49 PM
Got my Slipon, going to jet it. Do i have to take my carb off of my ATV or can it be done w/ it on there? The instructions that i have found on the net are really shady.

w/ just a slipon, i shouldnt have to replace the needle jet or what not should i? Just adjust it from the side?

Jared Coderre
01-07-2007, 04:16 PM
the main jet is accesible from the bottome of the carb with I believe a 17mm socket. The main jet is removed w/ a 6mm socket. Stock 400 ex uses a 148 Main jet With a slip on your pretty safe going with a 155 assuming your using the stck airbox set up.
The pilot jst requires Carb removal. in my opinion.

The needle height is easier to adjust w/ carb off

idro
01-07-2007, 05:10 PM
yea, but i shouldnt have to mess w/ the needle with just a slip on should i? i guess ill have to really tear into it tomorrow during the day. Main jet seems easy enough. Just looks like 2 sockets and what not.

Honda#4
01-07-2007, 06:03 PM
Just loosen your carb clamps and turn the carb around. Thats what I did on mine took me about 15 minutes. If your gonna take off your lid go with a 155 main and put your needle on the 3rd or 4 slot from the top, and if you live where its cold put in a 42 pilot that helps alot with starting. You don't have to take the carb off to get to the needle, you have to take off your gas tank.

idro
01-07-2007, 06:44 PM
ok cool, so a good reference point is a 155 jet.

Ill pick up some plugs tomorrow and test it out.

Honda#4
01-07-2007, 07:38 PM
make sure to take the lid off. But ya try it , see how it goes cus your gonna have to make more ajustments just so you know. Jetting is a puzzle.