PDA

View Full Version : lt-r 450 engine back

hard one
01-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Its finally done after 12 weeks and $3,000. My lt-r 450 is running strong after i did a complete top end rebuild and a new head that I ported and polished. It has the 14 to one piston, rossier exhaust,dynatek rev box,and fi controller completly retuned ignition and fuel injection.I also put in some new titanium valves and new internal gears.A better flowing intake with a uni filter helps it breath alot better without letting to much dirt and water in. I took it to st.joe park and only had it in 4th gear mid befor i ran out of room.Its also a beast in the trails no hill can bog it down or even match the power.It has 54.7 H.P. on the dyno and I know it can do 80 mph(4 th gear mid) by flying by a ktm 450 dirt bike with a speedo and it was the only thing that day that could keep up.But by the time spring comes i will get smoked by the drag quads but for now it is fun.I need new tires now cause I have roasted off the stock ones just put it in 2nd gear and burn out on black top till 4th gear.I raced another stock lt-r 450 becuase the guy wanted to see the diff and it was about 20 ft gap at the end of the race.Lots of other small modds also.

Sorry no pics didnt have enough money for a digital camera.:D

Look out for me this summer at the hair scambles at st. joe state park. Bare lt-r 450 stockhead for sale $300!

I want to race another modded lt-r 450 to see how it stacks up!

AL Elks
01-07-2007, 04:18 PM
OMG,

Here we go again 80mph mid way through 4th gear?

Not going to happen my friend. I don't care how much motor work you've done.

Sounds like you did some nice mods though.

By the way the UNI is doing absolutely nothing for you breathing wise. It just doesn't flow well enough and neither does the K&N. They are just too small, plus the airbox is just too restrictive even if you modify it. Now if you put an airbox eliminator kit on that sucker with a larger filter you'll pick up around 3 extra hp.

hard one
01-07-2007, 05:48 PM
I have a larger air filter on it with a adapter to fit to the stock air boot.

Its the last time i will metion the speed even though i have proof but speed isnt every thing but thanks for the info all i have to do now is cut the front fenders and shave the the rear so my boots dont get hunge up and put the cams in I have been waiting for.

AL Elks
01-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Even with a larger filter with the airbox it's limiting you and you're not really seeing any gains. Unfortunately there is not much room for improvement due to the center mounted exhaust and the stock intake design..

onesavage
01-07-2007, 06:31 PM
80mph in 4th gear... and you have proof....

please show your proof since you do have it...

I can't get much past 70mph in 5th... and if you need proof of that I know some police with radar guns and will gladly BORROW a camera and film the whole thing....

And I thought air filters were to prevent dirt and water from entering your engine, not to prevent TOO MUCH from getting in?

If you need any help with showing evidence to back this up, I will help, all you have to do is ask..

Baracudaaa
01-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Perhaps he also changed the gearing and forgot to mention it, or is running HUGE rear tires? Thats the only way to get an 80 mph 4th gear pass out of it.

Quadprorider
01-08-2007, 08:04 AM
Hey Hard one,

I'm interested in the stock head that you have. Is it bare or loaded(cams, valves, etc) Is $300 negotionable?

Thanks and let me know, Nick.

AL Elks
01-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
Perhaps he also changed the gearing and forgot to mention it, or is running HUGE rear tires? Thats the only way to get an 80 mph 4th gear pass out of it.

I doubt it if it's still a hill climber! :)

brink400
01-08-2007, 06:14 PM
We clocked a bone stock ltr doing 71 mph completely tapped out in 5th. So unless you have super tall gearing with 22in tires then I doubt you can do 80 in 4th gear. I would probably believe you if you said you hit 80 in 5th gear.

hard one
01-08-2007, 06:32 PM
I have 3 sets of tires 20,18, and 22 with two sets of gears 15-33 and stock. With the 22 with 15-33 i can do 90 mph on dirt in 5 th gear.If you heard of the english/france Gold west cycle team they have a lt-r 450 with less hp and modds but same gearing and it does 90 mph 5th.
My ignition is re- programed and has a rev ext. instead of the cherry bomb so it will go till the engine blows up.

I heard some good news you guys will want to hear a 06 honda 450 r air box fits in the lt-r and a banshee air filter mounts up perfect. i am getting a used one and trying it for my self but for know i am taking out the air box and running the filter off of the air boot with a filter skin.
If any body is cutting the fenders it is very simple just mark your way with a razr and follow it with sheet metal cuters(aviation snips). Does anybody know of a easyer way that still looks nice?

To answer the quad pro rider i dont know if i want to sell it now because the exhaust cam holder isn't fitting how it should and I dont want to sell something that might not be any good,sorry!
I will pm you if i change my mind!

AceLtz
01-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by hard one

My ignition is re- programed and has a rev ext. instead of the cherry bomb so it will go till the engine blows up.

Do you know how stupid that is?

hard one
01-08-2007, 08:25 PM
what??????

IT dosent have a rev limit because of the ignition i have.If you ride a stock lt-r or any quad when you hit the rev limiter it backfires and wont run strong mine goes past it till the engine blows so i have to watch my rpm's.

Actually it is really cool it has the top end of a two stroke.

Its all from dynatek.

Baracudaaa
01-09-2007, 08:07 AM
It doesn’t matter if you have 1000 HP on your LTR, HP doesn't translate to higher speed unless you gear it or run taller tires, which it sounds like you did.
Hopefully you have a giant tachometer on your bars, with no rev limiter you can say good bye to that nice new motor, its just a matter of time!

AL Elks
01-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Actually it's a mute point because the Powercommander only raises the rev limit by 1000rpm. You cannot program the rev limiter using any of their software so it can't go any higher than that. Same goes for the PIM and FIMAK from Yoshi. So it's not going to go till the motor blows because it will bounce of the rev limiter.

Baracudaaa
01-09-2007, 12:39 PM
But he has "Super Top Secret' digital computing unlimited Rev extender programs installed by his engine builders :)

AceLtz
01-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by Baracudaaa
But he has "Super Top Secret' digital computing unlimited Rev extender programs installed by his engine builders :)

Of course. I dont know if you just threw that out there to sound cool. To make people think that your engine is so high performance it doesnt even have a rev limiter. Either way, your full of crap, or plain retarded.

TWILES
01-09-2007, 06:24 PM
I can't believe you guys are dogging him. Every time I've questioned the ability of the infamous LTR450 I've cought nine kinds of hell.

They'll make 80 horseopower and run 90 miles an hour with a pipe and cherrybomb! And they really do mean it.

My god it don't think he can ride. Its got motorwork and a pipe. It should do 100mph easy. I bet its getting 90 horsepower. Dasa makes them do that by looking at them. If he touches them they even do better.:D

Trx250rider86
01-09-2007, 06:40 PM
straight up bullsh*t. Hard one please go find another hobby then sitting on your computer all day saying you do all this stuff to your ltr 450 when half the stuff dont even make sense.

ive seen other posts by you hard one, and your just full of bull sh*t

and I am not saying u don't have a ltr... i believe you do. I'm sure you got some mods.. may even be some ur talking about, but stop making up false numbers and statements...

Troy Kresha
01-09-2007, 10:37 PM
I think the guy on the KTM was shooting you some bull.

250r4life
01-09-2007, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by Troy Kresha
I think the guy on the KTM was shooting you some bull.

a logical explanation... its definately BS though...

250r4life
01-11-2007, 10:38 AM
i just had a cop use a radar gun on my blaster, and i broke the triple digit mark... 101 mph...

05Z400rdr
01-11-2007, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by 250r4life
i just had a cop use a radar gun on my blaster, and i broke the triple digit mark... 101 mph...

I believe it! :p lmao

AL Elks
01-13-2007, 08:42 AM
We can end this thread because he has moved on to another site and he said he ended his membership here. Funny thing is that his reputation followed him over there and he's getting blasted already. They can smell BS a mile away over there and he's going to learn the hard way.

AL

z-mann
02-22-2007, 08:17 AM
Well darn... I wanted a chance to smoke him again in a drag race.

Quady
02-25-2007, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by AL Elks
OMG,

Here we go again 80mph mid way through 4th gear?

Not going to happen my friend. I don't care how much motor work you've done.

Sounds like you did some nice mods though.

By the way the UNI is doing absolutely nothing for you breathing wise. It just doesn't flow well enough and neither does the K&N. They are just too small, plus the airbox is just too restrictive even if you modify it. Now if you put an airbox eliminator kit on that sucker with a larger filter you'll pick up around 3 extra hp.
__________________________________________________ _

what do you suggest to improve air intake? shall we just stick with stock (lid removed) or do we actualy have another option?

appreciate your advice