PDA

View Full Version : 400ex wiring questions

MOTORIDER68
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM
Took an ex on trade that has had the key switch removed. The silenoid was bad so i replaced it and I figured that just by replacing I would be able to start it by the start button but after changing out the silenoid it will not start. Am I going to have to put a new keyswitch on this or has anyone on here ever removed there keyswitch. Also I have a new RTC clutch perch and lever to put on. but like all the yamahas the ex has the wires coming off the stock perch, how do you do away with those wires. If they are like a warrior I think you just cut them and twist them together but not sure if an ex is the same. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated. Also, I have noticed coming off the fuse box they have spliced one of the red wires and run it down to the positive side of the silenoid. the other red wire coming out of the fuse box is still running up into the cluster of wires over the battery the way it is supposed to do. I hate it when people wont fix stuff right and go rigging everything esp. wiring. Any help with these matters is greatly appreciated.
does the starter button assembly ground to the bars? surely not? :o)

MOTORIDER68
01-07-2007, 06:07 PM
bump

MOTORIDER68
01-08-2007, 10:45 AM
anyone????????????

wykyd z400
01-08-2007, 10:54 AM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=262238&highlight=wire