01-07-2007, 11:42 AM
what states are cannondales sold in
and do they have a web page

Tecate250
01-08-2007, 04:00 PM
Didnt they get out of making atvs?

rollie
01-08-2007, 05:57 PM
They went bankrupt in 03, And went out of bisnuess, they dont make the quads, bikes and i beileve they dont make bicycles anymore either, ATK has taken over producing the left over quads and bikes, no telling how long they will be around for, hopefully a while, there website is ATKusa.com

Stunz
01-08-2007, 07:37 PM
Cannondale still makes great bicycles.

rollie
01-08-2007, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Stunz
Cannondale still makes great bicycles.

If they had the money in the future, would it ever be possible for them to by back all the rights and start producing them again? that would be awsome!

jesshamner
01-08-2007, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by rollie
If they had the money in the future, would it ever be possible for them to by back all the rights and start producing them again? that would be awsome!

Yeah it would be easy for them now that we have worked all the kinks out of them. Dinli bought the intellectual property in the liquidation and from what i heard, they trashed the idea. They were supposed to be developing a 450 mx machine and a 500 trail machine. You have probably seen of the Power Rangers looking 500 trail machine. There was talk about using a fuji motor but at the dealer show, they basically tried fitting new plastic onto the existing cannondale chassis. From then on, they gave up. What a waste.

If Cannondale could reproduce what they had built before, they could hire some guys from Cannondaleriders.com to show them how to make these things bullet proof. These guys have done it already and we're waiting to see what the next weakest link will be. People are reporting 2 years worth of abuse with no problems which is opposing the Cannondale reputation from the past. Some Cannondales were lucky to make it for 2 rides. Or even 2 hours.

rollie
01-10-2007, 09:12 AM
So why dont they, they should just ditch the bike idea and bring back the quads, with all the updates and now they wouldnt make the mistakes they used to make, awww man i know its harder than "just bringing them back" but i would buy one in a second:cool:

jesshamner
01-10-2007, 09:25 AM
If I were the CEO, I would be scared to make a move like that. After getting burnt once and almost losing the entire company, I wouldn't want to fall into that trap again. Even though the outcome could be sucessful. I think it could be done though.

rollie
01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
I think the biggest obstical they would have is proving that the new ones( if they made them) are reliable, i think if they hire some expert dale engine builders they could make those engines more reliable than a honda, they already have!,and give it the wiring update and once they proved there reliable they would be selling like hot cakes

PeeWee21
01-10-2007, 10:01 AM
The easiest way to overcome that......win on Sunday and sell 'em on Mondays! All they would need is SOMEONE in the pro class to ride one and have some good finishes and have a magazine give them a TRUTHFUL review! Not like Dirtwheels does..."we don't like the 2 stroke type powerband of the ATK"......"We love the powerband of the Yamaha YFZ"....WTF is wrong with that picture????? The Yammie has the most 2 stroke type hit to it!!! God, these magazines need to pull they're heads out of they're arse's!!!!!

cdalejef
01-10-2007, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by rollie
I think the biggest obstical they would have is proving that the new ones( if they made them) are reliable, i think if they hire some expert dale engine builders they could make those engines more reliable than a honda, they already have!,and give it the wiring update and once they proved there reliable they would be selling like hot cakes

ATK has already done this, you can buy a brand new 2007.

www.atkusa.com

rollie
01-10-2007, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls

www.atkusa.com

Yeah but i thought they where only producing them with the left over parts, i was talking more about comming out with the cannibal,moto,speed,blaze again under the cannondale name and succeding, and kind of re-designing them all to make them even better, i don't know though, i know ATK has done a great job of it, i guess what i meant was would it be possible for cdale to buy back everything and start producing them again

cdalejef
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
ATK has updated the Cannondales in several ways. They are manufacturing parts that they have run out of already.
Basically they have done everything you are asking for except call them Cannondales.
Cannondale will never get back into motorsports.

jesshamner
01-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Jeff@TireBalls

www.atkusa.com

Yes and No. Some of these new items being developed by cannondaleriders.com R&D are making the Cannondale as reliable and rock solid as a 400ex. ATK has done a few things but could do better. I haven't really paid much attention to what ATK is doing with their quads for 2007. Maybe they're doing more. Its hard to tell since their website weak and Frank never repsponds to anything on the Cannondale websites anymore. If they're putting in balanced cranks, rebuilt decompression mechanisms, z400 crank bearings, better flywheels, ...etc, then great!

katch26
01-10-2007, 11:26 AM
Dinli bought the intellectual property in the liquidation and from what i heard, they trashed the idea. They were supposed to be developing a 450 mx machine and a 500 trail machine.

Last time I read they were building a 450 but it weighed almost 500 lbs...not exactly an mxer but they may have changed it since then.

jesshamner
01-10-2007, 11:33 AM
That's old news. I have heard since then that they trashed the idea of building a full size sport quad.

armoks
01-10-2007, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by jesshamner
Its hard to tell since their website weak and Frank never repsponds to anything on the Cannondale websites anymore. If they're putting in balanced cranks, rebuilt decompression mechanisms, z400 crank bearings, better flywheels, ...etc, then great!

I wouldn't post on sites either that bashed my product....actully I don't post on the C-dale sites anymore they are pretty biased towards the "R&D" stuff. Cannondaler is still pretty fair but riders and central are sites if you don't agree they attack you.

I talk to frank probly once a month and they are trying to get things done but they don't have the money the big guys have. Especially with people who undercut pricing to push thier products out.

The whole problem with the dales was Pegsus cutting them off then the "oh so great R&D" jumped in and bashed everyone else and basicly killed what was left jumping on forums saying "these are junk unless you use our parts" pretty sad to happen to a fun fast quad.

ATK was open to hearing those guys out but the "R&D Team" would hit on the negatives quicker then they could get the Quads and bikes out.

jesshamner
01-11-2007, 08:36 AM
Let's not bring all that up again. I was just stating that I wasn't for sure if they were doing any upgrades or not due to lack of information provided by the company.

It doesn't matter whose idea it was to balance cranks and add the z400 bearing. It doesn't matter what they said to people that already owned these bikes. The question is this: Is ATK upgrading these bikes to make them more reliable? It doesn't matter whether they take the path already traveled or if they find another way. The point is that the Cannondale has a reputation of being unreliable and now there are ways to overcome that. Where does ATK stand in that? If they're actually doing something about it then that is the best thing they could do to sell bikes. Its just too bad that nobody knows what they're doing unless you talk to Frank on the phone once a month.

rollie
01-11-2007, 12:44 PM
lol i guess i started all this with the question can cdale come back, lol, Jeff made a good point that ATK is making them and i really wish the ATK was more popular and they got there name out alot more, ive talked to people that are active racers, that have no idea what an ATK is,i think if the magazines tested a few of them, they got some add's out, bassically get more involved, i mean,its clear that ATK is doing something to these engines, ive talked to a few people with them and they love them, The only reason i didnt buy one is because they are so expensive, maybe if they drop the prices down a little then they will sell more? i dont know, i just wish ATK could make these bikes big at the track, its already been proven they can win

cannondale27
01-11-2007, 01:11 PM
Most of us have wished just that for ATK.However there time is probably passed with the coming of the LTR and the power of the Honda and YFZ.Unless ATK were to stick some major improvements in would it really be worth it to spend so much more money for the ATK?

Armoks is right they dont have any money to do major upgrades.But he has hung around those Washington Politicians too long and has gotten a selective memory.ATK has had some screwups and the way they were handled wasnt very ethical in my opinion there are a few people that are really upset with them still.Bad wristpins,wrong size motors,serial number fiasco,contingency payouts,used parts being sold as new,piston failures being blamed on maps are a few things that hurt thier reputation in my book.Not the failures but the way they were all handled with denial.

I think there is more of a chance of another company making something exotic than ATK.Redline was supposed to do a quad.That would be exciting.

jesshamner
01-11-2007, 01:17 PM
You're right, they can win. Jeff won on a blaze that was pretty much stock.

I did some research and found out that ATK is doing a few things to help the reilability of their bikes. They are putting balanced cranks into their machines. I wish they would go ahead and put the z400 bearing in there too. Aluminum valve covers would be nice but isn't a direct threat. They are making sure that random bolts inside the engine don't come loose too. I have to commend them for that. I wasn't sure if they were doing anything to make the cannondale better up until this point.

Some marketing and sponsored riders would be good. You can't expect ATK to compete with Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Polaris. Its hard for a small company to make it in the powersports world against those companies. I wish them luck though!

So to answer the original question...There are no Cannondale dealerships. There are a few ATK dealerships (which are pretty much the same thing). Look for those if you are really wanting a Cannondale/ATK.

Sandgod4
01-11-2007, 03:59 PM
I was at ATK in December 03. ATK is 25 miles from my house. I was w/ Wade Wilcox and Frank kind of insisting on improvements that needed to be done other then what Wade already knew. Both said aluminum valve covers, Z400 bearings weren't necessary. If ATK says they didn't know about or think the Z400 bearing is warranted that is a lie, then why are the installing the Z400 bearing now!!! It came down to one thing why they didn't do it, okay maybe two, money and no equipment to do it.. Two things they still don't have today..

Remember the two stroke 700cc quad ATK said they were developing. I saw it in person. A rolling chassis. When Brad left the quad stayed w/ ATK and got buried into the ground.. See they had a quad developed by Brad and drove that thing right into the ground. Maybe it had some serious flaws. Nobody ever rode it as far as I knew... Maybe it was just a concept type quad. I had pics of the 700cc two stroke, but that was on my old computer and I threw that POS out.. Maybe my bro has them because he had them also..

rollie
01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Sandgod4
I was at ATK in December 03. ATK is 25 miles from my house. I was w/ Wade Wilcox and Frank kind of insisting on improvements that needed to be done other then what Wade already knew. Both said aluminum valve covers, Z400 bearings weren't necessary. If ATK says they didn't know about or think the Z400 bearing is warranted that is a lie, then why are the installing the Z400 bearing now!!! It came down to one thing why they didn't do it, okay maybe two, money and no equipment to do it.. Two things they still don't have today..

Remember the two stroke 700cc quad ATK said they were developing. I saw it in person. A rolling chassis. When Brad left the quad stayed w/ ATK and got buried into the ground.. See they had a quad developed by Brad and drove that thing right into the ground. Maybe it had some serious flaws. Nobody ever rode it as far as I knew... Maybe it was just a concept type quad. I had pics of the 700cc two stroke, but that was on my old computer and I threw that POS out.. Maybe my bro has them because he had them also..

What did that thing look like??? was it sick?

Sandgod4
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
It was very light. Wet weight was gonna be 325.. I think it had Lonestar arms??? The rear swingarm was local I think.. The pipe was a CPI.. It was HUGE!! The jug was gigantic also..It had a chrome moly frame. Lonestar was supposed to build it, but I think the frame might of been done locally. The frame or the arms were built by Lonestar. I can't remember.. The idea was to bolt Moto arms, shocks, nerfs and swingarm to the custom frame as to keep costs down so no R&D was necessary on these items..

KingpinsEx
01-13-2007, 10:56 PM
I just remeber the cannondale R&D axle that was in development. That thing would have been sweet, they were doing great things for the sport the main thing that pisses me off is suzuki claiming it has the most race ready race quad ever. MOTO HELLO???

Nickc711
10-04-2007, 01:27 PM
What ATK is doing is great, but it will never be the same as cannondale would of done or ever will do if there is some sort of miracle and they bring back the motorsports division. Cannondale has the resources to put out much more than atk has the resources for. If they were still in business you could bet that they will wowing everybody...ya atks are old cannondales... nothing else..mabey some reliability issues fixed but every serious cannondaler has already fixed those problems and is looking to improve on the hole...atk cannot do that(no bashing intended..mater of small size)